10+ Year Old Account

Is this a good setup?

is this a good setup - component/price wise?

Thanks to Xuvial for the idea just 2-3 changes.

---------- Post added 2011-09-15 at 12:58 AM ----------

PS - NZD.
    10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Yes looks good to me.
    Expensive too :P
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry whats RADI0? i can afford another hdd.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    sorry whats RADI0? i can afford another hdd.
    Using 2 hdd's as one combined drive. 2x 1tb hdd's combined to a 2tb hdd, and since they both can read/write at the same time you get much faster speeds.
    It also increases the risk of failure, since if either of the hdd's fail, you lose all the data.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm. would you suggest it? Also i wantcto overclock. what cooling system would you suggest in addition or as a replacement of my current one, and power supply if necessary
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    hmm. would you suggest it? Also i wantcto overclock. what cooling system would you suggest in addition or as a replacement of my current one, and power supply if necessary
    That cpu cooler is good, should get you to 4.5ghz or so.
    I wouldn't use raid0 myself since I don't like the increased risk of failure... I keep backups of everything lol.
    If there's nothing stored on those drives that you can't easily replace though then it'd be a nice boost to load/write times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. What sort of increase in rate of failure are we talking about? Id love load/boot write time speed boosts. I run everything off an external HDD at the moment, with only google chrome and my anti virus software on my current setup. Would I have to put all my data on the 2 HDD's to take advantage of RADI0? If not, as i said above i run off an external HDD so that if the two HDD's crash i would lose no data.
    Raxxykins