Thread: H Beth 10 man

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

H Beth 10 man

Hey MMO!

I was wondering what was the general strat on H Beth

for DPS up top 2-1-1 ?

2 Dps + 1 healer assigned to heal them for spiderlings, rest on spinner/drones?

p2 > blust at like 15?

start cd rotation 20+?

We go 2-1-0, hunter solo the spiderlings, hunter/resto druid blow up the broodlings, all other dps on spinners/drones. We pop hero at 40% hp and start our cd rotation shortly after that.

can a frost dk solo spiderlings + broods too or would i need to assign a second guy?
    can a SV hunter do it or MM with that specified spec.

the first set of adds u need more range as theres no drone up yet right

Hunter solo's Spiderlings and soaks

2-1-1

Right before beth comes down all dps switch's and blows up spiderlings

Blust at 40% then Rotate cooldowns after it ends.

As for soloing question

MM hunter specced for it

a frost dk can do it but they have to be good

Not sure about frost dks in 10 man, they might take too much damage or do too little. MM is definitely the preferred spec for 10 man though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost DKs def works for 10m, but it sucks when they get fixated by the drones as they have no way to drop it. Someone needs to cover while the DK runs away from spiderlings. Hunters can feign deathnso that solves that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrus View Post
    Frost DKs def works for 10m, but it sucks when they get fixated by the drones as they have no way to drop it. Someone needs to cover while the DK runs away from spiderlings. Hunters can feign deathnso that solves that
    In order to not open yet another threat for Beth 10 HM, I will just ask this here... what about a composition with no hunter, no frost DK? We have been horribly struggling with phase 1 the last two days. The first day we went (monday), we had a hunter available and had not that much trouble in bringing her to phase 2 and wiping in execute range, so it was definitely the way to go and a kill seemed near.

But right now, we don't have and won't have a hunter or DK frost available, at least for a few days, so we have to work with what we got, that being:

- Enhacement
    - Rogue
    - Elemental
    - Warlock
    - Shadow Priest
    - Mage
    - Balance

We have been trying with Enhacement (up with Beth), Rogue, Elemental, Shadow Priest and Balance. We tried sending the Balance and after that the Rogue to solo the spiderlings, with their pocket healer covering the explosive ones that escaped, but the shadow priest and the elemental had to switch to kill spiderlings all the time, and we had no dps on drones and the hanging spiders (sorry, can't remember the english name ). Then we tried to simply leave all dps in the middle, and the 3 ranged will switch to the spiderlings as they approach. It increased the dps available since the movement the dps had to do was severely reduced, but even so the ranged needed too much time to kill the spiderlings and we were ending overwhelmed all the time...

So... someone have done the fight with a similar composition? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mmoc3335a78017; 2011-09-15 at 06:34 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superduperman View Post
    Hey MMO!

I was wondering what was the general strat on H Beth

for DPS up top 2-1-1 ?

2 Dps + 1 healer assigned to heal them for spiderlings, rest on spinner/drones?

p2 > blust at like 15?

start cd rotation 20+?
    2 - 2 - 1

1 Dps 1 Healer (Paladins Beacon is all you need tbh) Dps is 99% of the time a hunter soloable easy mode... can soak 99% of them sometimes if there low or something they have to let one through no biggie unless the rest of your raid are downs just run out if its on you and keep moving so you have the least uptime in the dmg zone as you can.

BL at like... i think we do 25 stacks or something :S but whatever feels good for your raid always <50% though.. and CD rotate till Death so figure out by a few attempts and ur dps how long its going to take you to kill it and start your CDs at the optimal time, we usually go DG > DG > Tranq (Boomy) > AM > Hym > Resto Tranq etc try to use your CDs as late as you can, because there more beneficial the later in the fight if you get what i mean get the most use out of them.

Also good idea to have your healers use a Conc Pot rotation, just to help as the fight is quite mana intensive, at least it will be for beginners were basically at 391 now and destroy the fight, but when we started off we had execute our raid CDs & Pots etc quite well as the boss is pretty hard.

Come 19th Sept its going to be a lol fest anyway and every guild in the game will be 6/7 if your not mentally handicapped that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    First time we killed it we did 1-1-1 and killed it with every healer cooldown still available. Only used bloodlust.

We were having problems with adds the first 3 attempts so the 4th we just kept the other dps on the ground the entire time and everything melted. Had a hunter on spiderlings and an arcane mage up top.

We do 2-1-0 with Beth'tilac ending up with sub-80% HP going into P2, with me (the Huntard), handling the spiderlings alone. Everyone prioritizes spinners over drones and lust/warp at around 20 Frenzy stacks (or lower if healers need it) and start CD rotation at ~28.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    We do 1-1-1 with Beth descending at ~80 % HP (arcane mage up top), demo warlock soaking broodlings and killing spiderlings and MM hunter helping him (you could say that's overkill but it seems to work just fine for us). Bloodlust is used at around 24 stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agua View Post
    In order to not open yet another threat for Beth 10 HM, I will just ask this here... what about a composition with no hunter, no frost DK? We have been horribly struggling with phase 1 the last two days. The first day we went (monday), we had a hunter available and had not that much trouble in bringing her to phase 2 and wiping in execute range, so it was definitely the way to go and a kill seemed near.

But right now, we don't have and won't have a hunter or DK frost available, at least for a few days, so we have to work with what we got, that being:

- Enhacement
    - Rogue
    - Elemental
    - Warlock
    - Shadow Priest
    - Mage
    - Balance

We have been trying with Enhacement (up with Beth), Rogue, Elemental, Shadow Priest and Balance. We tried sending the Balance and after that the Rogue to solo the spiderlings, with their pocket healer covering the explosive ones that escaped, but the shadow priest and the elemental had to switch to kill spiderlings all the time, and we had no dps on drones and the hanging spiders (sorry, can't remember the english name ). Then we tried to simply leave all dps in the middle, and the 3 ranged will switch to the spiderlings as they approach. It increased the dps available since the movement the dps had to do was severely reduced, but even so the ranged needed too much time to kill the spiderlings and we were ending overwhelmed all the time...

So... someone have done the fight with a similar composition? Thanks in advance.
    I don't know if you're trying to 2 heal it but it may be better for you guys to 3 heal it. I don't know which of those DPS is also the third healer. I'll just assume the shaman is...

I think your best bet as far as spiderlings would be to have the Boomkin mainly on them... Have him spec into improved shrooms, I believe it can slow them. Have the shadow priest assist him with some AOE. With the nerf to Drone's HP 2 weeks ago it should be a little easier to have someone assisting someone on spiderlings.

Up: Enhancement Shaman, Arcane Mage
    Down: Warlock, Shadow Priest, Balance Druid

After first devastation have the mage stay down for the rest of the fight, and if you need assistance down below have the enhancement shaman stay down after the second devastation.

Hopefully that can help a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrus View Post
    I don't know if you're trying to 2 heal it but it may be better for you guys to 3 heal it. I don't know which of those DPS is also the third healer. I'll just assume the shaman is...

I think your best bet as far as spiderlings would be to have the Boomkin mainly on them... Have him spec into improved shrooms, I believe it can slow them. Have the shadow priest assist him with some AOE. With the nerf to Drone's HP 2 weeks ago it should be a little easier to have someone assisting someone on spiderlings.

Up: Enhancement Shaman, Arcane Mage
    Down: Warlock, Shadow Priest, Balance Druid

After first devastation have the mage stay down for the rest of the fight, and if you need assistance down below have the enhancement shaman stay down after the second devastation.

Hopefully that can help a bit.
    Sorry, I just listed all the dps available... we did go with 3 healing (paladin, druid, shaman, left shaman on top, paladin and druid below). We brought 5 dps, elemental, enhacement, shadow priest, rogue and balance, but we had mage and warlock available.

Thanks for the help, we will try again the boomkin approach, and see if there is enough dps this time on adds. It may have been due to positioning, but the dps was horriby lacking. I have been looking for some experiences with a boomkin on it, and only found a quote "If you go with using your Boom to kill Spiderlings, it's WELL WORTH having him get his Mushroom buff up via killing Critters en-route to Beth, it adds 1 min or so to each pull prep time, but in my 10 man if the Boom doesn't prep his buff he does 18-20k DPS, with the buff he does 35k+ and solos the Spiderlings with ease.". Some boomkin that have had this duty on the fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've read it that it can help, imo tho it's not needed. Have the shadow priest help out if needed and it should be alright. Have the boomkin place the mushrooms b4 the fight on one spot in case they spawn there. With them being slowed, and with typhoon, it should be effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a guild that did it without a hunter or DK - one of the first 10 man kills I believe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul7eq6kcd7c

Looks like they had a Fire mage and a lock rotating and doing the spiderlings.

Deleted
    My guild done it with 2-2-1, I believe we done it with an arcane mage and frost dk for first 2 and the frost DK stayed down on last to mop up spiderlings before Beth came down.

Have the boomkin go into solar eclipse and just sit in it until P2. They can drop shrooms where the spiders will come out and just blow them up. That'll slow the adds (improved shrooms talent is a must) and then once they cross the slowing effect just punt them back and drop more shrooms or alternatively dot them up. I do it all the time on my boomkin and I haven't had any problems soloing spiderlings.

In between wipes the boomkin can just shoot critters to get into solar phase or start off shooting spinners to get into solar. Won't take long.

Quote Originally Posted by Agua View Post
    Sorry, I just listed all the dps available... we did go with 3 healing (paladin, druid, shaman, left shaman on top, paladin and druid below). We brought 5 dps, elemental, enhacement, shadow priest, rogue and balance, but we had mage and warlock available.

Thanks for the help, we will try again the boomkin approach, and see if there is enough dps this time on adds. It may have been due to positioning, but the dps was horriby lacking. I have been looking for some experiences with a boomkin on it, and only found a quote "If you go with using your Boom to kill Spiderlings, it's WELL WORTH having him get his Mushroom buff up via killing Critters en-route to Beth, it adds 1 min or so to each pull prep time, but in my 10 man if the Boom doesn't prep his buff he does 18-20k DPS, with the buff he does 35k+ and solos the Spiderlings with ease.". Some boomkin that have had this duty on the fight?
    Boomkin works great, a demo warlock can also easily solo spiderlings with shadowflame glyph to snare. stack the spinners on the drone and have your rogue go combat and blade flurry cleave them down off the drone.

Leading up to our first kill, we would only kill 4 spinners when they descend then switch to Drones. The remaining 2 spinners were killed by incidental AOE (Blade Flurry etc). This isnt necessary now for us with more gear/experience, though.

We have been horribly struggling with phase 1 the last two days
    In a few days the nerfs will kick in and probably make P1 much easier. There is no real need to stress over it now.

Deleted
    Well.. we did wanted to end with 6/7 HC before the nerf, so yeah, there is a bit of a reason to stress :P

Anyhow, thanks for the help. We could only put 1 hour on her yesterday due to the second tank arriving late, but the boomkin step up and was getting the lings better try by try, at the end almost no help was needed and the other dps could kill the drones fast enough. Starting at eclipse did help a lot. We ended doing a 2 dps up, 1 dps up, 0 dps up and beth was at ~82%, I think it should be enough. If we get a better transition in the second devastation (bad fixates which lead to adds everywhere, which made the tank not able to get near to taunt spinners down, which lead to...) I suppose we could get her in monday, even if the comp wasn't that perfect.

No ardent defender for us, but invisibility+mirror image+ice block still works to avoid one round of rain, right?