Thread: H Beth 10 man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest with the major nerfs this fight had 2 weeks ago we manage to kill her from 100% to dead (healed from spiderlings) on HM. If it works better for you to keep more people down, go ahead. If your dps is decent even at 90% hp it should be easy to down her. Ember flare's damage was nerfed quite a bit.

You need to have DPS that is well above the average in order to safely get her down from 100%. I'm sure it's possible, but it's going to be really iffy with how hard the tanks get hit later on.

On our first kill, we went with a 2-1-1 and had the boss down to 72% when p2 started. We ended up killing her with everyone in the raid dead due to healer mana (the p1 was very sloppy that pull). Despite that, our tanks died when the boss reached around 30 stacks. The first died to something like a 125k melee swing which is just absurd at that point.

If you need extra dps down below to keep up with the adds, I'd still recommend sending one up at least. The main reason why we do the 2-1-1 is the bug out the second aoe with a Mage invis. Otherwise, you're right, it doesn't matter too much in the end, but I still feel that having that extra dps up there helps that much more in avoiding RNG gibs late in p2.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't want to open another thread - so here we go: Is it possible to 2heal Beth'HM?
    We have a resto shaman and holy paladin at our disposal, who've both played in top-guilds (thus - they are really really good). Have anyone ever done this before? We have a boomkin in our roster who could swap to resto, but would prefer to have him for emergency situations etc. What'd you suggest?

Thanks in advance.
    /Jarim

Anyone got any tips for phase one beth positioning ? and add priorities

Quote Originally Posted by Naliek View Post
    I didn't want to open another thread - so here we go: Is it possible to 2heal Beth'HM?
    We have a resto shaman and holy paladin at our disposal, who've both played in top-guilds (thus - they are really really good). Have anyone ever done this before? We have a boomkin in our roster who could swap to resto, but would prefer to have him for emergency situations etc. What'd you suggest?

Thanks in advance.
    /Jarim
    2 healing is definitely doable. Since the nerf, it's more than doable, just not safe. It's been done with two healers.

Your p1 will be absolute hell. The downstairs healer will be struggling to keep up both the raid and your soaker. Once you get into p2, it should be fairly cruise control provided you carefully plan out your cooldowns and your tanks don't take hits too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Superduperman View Post
    Anyone got any tips for phase one beth positioning ? and add priorities
    In p1, keep the drone towards the left side of the area (when looking in from the entrance) away from the three spiderling spawn points. The raid should more or less be stacked there moving out only to assist with spiderlings, broodlings and spinner taunts. You want to keep the drone as far away from the spiderlings as possible, and give your hunter as much time as possible to intercept the broodlings and kill off the spiderlings.

For everyone but the soaker, the kill priority is Spiderlings that get past your soaker (ideally hunter), then Spinners (their nuke is cast almost constantly until they're dead and hurts a LOT), then the Drone.

Beth's positioning up top doesn't matter at all. If you're bugging out the aoe with an invis'ing mage, then having the tank pull her far to one side can buy an extra second or two for the mage, but it really doesn't matter too much if he's smart.

I can't stress enough how important it is to kill off the Spinners, though. Their uptime will directly correlate to your healer mana going into p2, which still somewhat matters.
    Last edited by PHsname; 2011-09-18 at 06:31 AM.

Anyone with a video on a frost dk soloing spiderling/broods? should the healer on the soaker healer worry about the rest of the raid at all? hes usually out of range

is 2-1-0 better than 1-1-1?

what if the 2 dps downstairs focuses spinners but gets behind on the drone
    is it ok to still have a drone like 10% or less by the time the 2nd one is to the tank?

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 07:35 PM ----------

Still struggling here =[

Deleted
    Well, nailed at second try today. Er.. the heavy nerf hotfix didnt take place yet, doesnt it? (well, I know it got nerfed a couple of weeks ago..) But well, thanks again for the tips, the boomkin finally had no trouble at all.

Deleted
    could anyone explain to me what 2-2-1 is?
    first time i hear aboud this :/

Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    could anyone explain to me what 2-2-1 is?
    first time i hear aboud this :/
    It's about how many dps you send up top.

After the nerf it's pretty easy now tho, this week my guild had a 1% whipe on her when p2 started with her with 92% because of shitty spiderling control at that moment.
    We killed her after that try with just 2-0-0 and she still phased with 80ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Superduperman View Post
    Anyone with a video on a frost dk soloing spiderling/broods? should the healer on the soaker healer worry about the rest of the raid at all? hes usually out of range

is 2-1-0 better than 1-1-1?

what if the 2 dps downstairs focuses spinners but gets behind on the drone
    is it ok to still have a drone like 10% or less by the time the 2nd one is to the tank?

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 07:35 PM ----------

Still struggling here =[
    The soaker healer absolutely should be worrying about the rest of the raid as well as the soaker. His priority is the soaker, that's it.

I prefer 2-1-1, but only if you have a Mage who can invis one of the AoEs. Otherwise, just send 1-1-1 or something. There's no reason to stress out the dps and healers down below unnecessarily.

You can fall behind on the drone that much just fine. Your tank will be getting hit like a truck while he's tanking two, but as long as it's not for too long, it shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Agua View Post
    Well, nailed at second try today. Er.. the heavy nerf hotfix didnt take place yet, doesnt it? (well, I know it got nerfed a couple of weeks ago..) But well, thanks again for the tips, the boomkin finally had no trouble at all.
    The ninja nerf a couple weeks ago really made the fight a lot easier. Before the nerf, healers in p2 needed like 60-70k raid HPS to get through it...now it's probably around 50k HPS MAYBE. It's a complete joke now...you barely need cooldowns.