Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Oh cool, two people saying i QQd about mana burn, no i didn't, and this discussion was not about shaman, I know resto shaman is overpowered, and i expect a nerf to wind shear, a truly deserved one long overdue, and perhaps further nerfs to mastery effectiveness because i'm not even stacking mastery and when someone is low my greater healing wave crits for 100k+. So yes i acknowledge that rsham is op.

But this is about mana burn ya? In 3s i'm stunned. All. The. Time. When you see a resto shaman you tunnel him down in 3s, am i right or right? The only way to kill us is by tunneling and disregarding everything else. And I play with a feral and frost dk, so I know we have the interrupts and silence from strangulate but When i am getting tunneled, the priest IS going to get some mana burns in, and the dk and feral are focusing on incapacitating the two others who are bursting me, beause lets face it, an oom shammy is better than a dead shammy.

Once again, I know resto shaman are overpowered in 3s and 5s even but so is mana burn, 3 sec cast? Haste anyone? 3sec cast, LoS it, well the stuns and snares in 3s anyone?

Your opinion has been noted and ignored, just like everyone elses. This is the millionth topic about this subject. Everyone has an opinion about Mana Burn.

It shouldn't be allowed to be used if a priest has a magepartner, or a DK-partner (as the DK just kills anything in seconds anyway) or any partner with a CC or on Ring of Valor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It can be extremely difficult to deal with in 2s if they have a good Priest+Partner. The Priest will pretty much have full map control because you have to constantly LoS her. She will be between you and your partner if at all possible, and it makes things very tricky on certain maps. On crypts, I have no problems because I can LoS constantly while healing my partner and still being in range for stuns and hand spells. On maps like Nagrand Arena though, it really sucks.

I know 2s aren't balanced, and I'm not proposing a mana burn nerf, but people should realize that "just LoS it" is sometimes a bad strategy.
    Good point, i feel that pain something in 2s as a hpala but we both know 2s is stupid anyway :P literally nothing in 2s is meant to be balanced, as you said.

Just to add something again, all the healer classes except priest have good regen abilities (divine plea/innervate etc etc) whereas priests have a 4-5min cd with shadowfiend which honestly is useless due to to you only getting mana when the shadowfiend hits the target (this will never happen if your opponent is aware of what's going on) and the hymn which is also on a stupid long cd AND it's a channeling spell which can easily be interrupted. Also, if you look closely hymn doesn't actually give as much mana back as people think, the 10-15% (or whatever it is) buff to int is what makes it look like the priest gained a crap ton of mana back but it it's only like a 8-10sec buff iirc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality 2011 View Post
    Remove mana burn and you say hello to Hpally's taking over as the better healer's.
    That sentence says it all. Its ok in youre opinion for this 1 button winner to stay as it makes you the better healer.... Heaven forbid you should lose the top spot as the best because of a one button spam spell.

Give other classes a Runic Power/ Focus/ Rage burn then we'll see the real QQ start. Thats why most dont give a shit, because they dont have to contend with some 1 button spamming enemy raping them of it. If Blizz was to give such an OP spell to every class that removed there only resource to actually play there character there would be uproar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    That sentence says it all. Its ok in youre opinion for this 1 button winner to stay as it makes you the better healer.... Heaven forbid you should lose the top spot as the best because of a one button spam spell.

Give other classes a Runic Power/ Focus/ Rage burn then we'll see the real QQ start. Thats why most dont give a shit, because they dont have to contend with some 1 button spamming enemy raping them of it. If Blizz was to give such an OP spell to every class that removed there only resource to actually play there character there would be uproar.
    Priests the best healer? Since when lol? and i'd hardly say mana burn is a 1 button winner.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Your opinion has been noted and ignored, just like everyone elses. This is the millionth topic about this subject. Everyone has an opinion about Mana Burn.

It shouldn't be allowed to be used if a priest has a magepartner, or a DK-partner (as the DK just kills anything in seconds anyway) or any partner with a CC or on Ring of Valor.
    Thank you for your amazing opinion =D

Deleted
    Everything the OP said applies to Drain Mana as well and yet it got removed. Therefore, Mana Burn should be removed as well since both spells are identical (except maybe channel vs. cast) but one of them causes problems while the other doesn't?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    Everything the OP said applies to Drain Mana as well and yet it got removed. Therefore, Mana Burn should be removed as well since both spells are identical (except maybe channel vs. cast) but one of them causes problems while the other doesn't?
    mana drain GAVE mana to the warlock. Mana burn just burns mana and costs mana to use.

EDIT: channeling also meant it couldnt be LoS.
    Last edited by mmocfcc325af73; 2011-09-15 at 12:47 PM.

Good lord, all this 2s 1600s heros crying about mana burn is getting old.
    <Infracted for Trolling(5pt)>
    Last edited by Stanton Biston; 2011-09-15 at 07:04 PM.

Mana burn is fine. If you can't figure out a way around it, then you aren't thinking very hard. If a priest is mana burning, then obviously they are on the offensive. If your team mates put pressure on the other team, then the priest will be forced to heal (going on the defensive)

---------- Post added 2011-09-15 at 05:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JBasil View Post
    mana drain GAVE mana to the warlock. Mana burn just burns mana and costs mana to use.

EDIT: channeling also meant it couldnt be LoS.
    uh yea it can... I had no problem mana draining someone when they went behind a pillar. You can't start the channel when out of LoS, but you can once the duration has started.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lethargik View Post

uh yea it can... I had no problem mana draining someone when they went behind a pillar. You can't start the channel when out of LoS, but you can once the duration has started.
    That was my point... you'd start channeling and the person would try and los but it would continue channeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Itira View Post
    To the OP, as a resto shaman i HATE mana burn with a "burning" passion (very intended pun there)
    Yes, it's really hard to LoS or Windshear that 2.5 sec cast as a shaman, especially when you are slowed to a crawl and you don't have Ancestral Swiftness 2/2 talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    And it should be back. Its imposible to kill a healer as hunter 1vs1. (unles he sucks and you are lucky with silencing shot) That was the worst hunter nerf that ever happened and thing we get was---a crappy 10% heal reduction. Also mana burn should stay but talent should be put in shadow priest tree (it deals shadow damage--no idea what was blizzard thinking).
    ]

Kirov reporting!!! aaaahh! god I've heard that way too many times. And the Americans: Watch my six, We have 'em on radar.. oh god.

OT: Mana burn isn't a big deal, every class has interupts.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality 2011 View Post
    LOH

Stopped reading right there.

Deleted
    All I know is Hunters need Viper Sting back or some more significant self-healing as for example if you get into a 1v1 situation against a well geared Holy Paladin on Dalaran Sewers, you can't win. People may say depends on pet etc, but think about this, trinket, bubble and his 40 sec? stun.

I've been in the situation and there was absolutely nothing I could do, tried trapping to bandage etc but he either just trinketed or bubbled. It wouldn't have ended possibly if I didn't lag spike for like 30 secs, DC and then died before I could log back in but that's beside the point, I was 100% unable to kill him and I am very well geared.

EDIT: His mana was endless and I was tranqing his buffs like a bitch (Divine Plea included when I could).

Are you kidding me? mana burn should not be on a cooldown because it takes little over 2 seconds to cast thats plenty of time for people to: interupt, stun, or better yet LoS with all the arenas having objects for you to run around. Join the crowd of those who fear mana burn and los to beat it. Against a resto shaman? forget it you can wind shear it which gives you 4 secs of freedom and if they juke you then mana tide it and by that time your wind shear will be up again. If all else fails LoS, as a discpriest theres nothing I hate more than people who LoS and can't get mana burns off. Plus if I fear the shaman he'll drop a tremor and keep LoSing. Mana burn should not be on a cooldown.

I am The Scourge - Play Free Online Games

It should be removed or become a shadowpriest only spell. Disc priests burning more mana than the mana a priest would use healing up from one dps is just crazy.

Deleted
    Dont need to make game easyer by cuting players options what to do, healing/damage/dispel/mana burn.
    Mana drain spells was complitely fine in wotlk, season 8 was the most balanced season in wow imo.
    Its a curent game design problem, not the spells problem, thats what blizzard should think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Drasumok View Post
    Are you kidding me? mana burn should not be on a cooldown because it takes little over 2 seconds to cast thats plenty of time for people to: interupt, stun, or better yet LoS with all the arenas having objects for you to run around. Join the crowd of those who fear mana burn and los to beat it. Against a resto shaman? forget it you can wind shear it which gives you 4 secs of freedom and if they juke you then mana tide it and by that time your wind shear will be up again. If all else fails LoS, as a discpriest theres nothing I hate more than people who LoS and can't get mana burns off. Plus if I fear the shaman he'll drop a tremor and keep LoSing. Mana burn should not be on a cooldown.
    You have partners. If you can't spam-manaburn a shaman, your partner needs to play better and you need to be more agressive. Mana Tide is a joke. It's got like 12000 hp? No resil and afaik no armor. I can avoid it for like 5 minutes in Blade's Edge, but in Ring of valor? A priest gains more mana while burning than he spends, and I can't do anything about it, because of fear>burn>poly>burn> deep freeze + Power infusion. Not that fakecasting is very hard for you either way.

I'm not saying Mana Burn should be removed. I'm saying it's way too easy to land them.
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    It should be removed or become a shadowpriest only spell. Disc priests burning more mana than the mana a priest would use healing up from one dps is just crazy.
    Yeah sure, shadowpriests are always being focused in arenas, they're always trying to stack evangelism to burst when they can and what? You think that they will take time to manaburn the healer who will go behind the crates?

No way.

Mana burn is fine as is, idc about 2s cause it is unbalanced. In 3s, you CANNOT burn a healer unless he is standing in the middle of the arena and his teammates are afk.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    If you can't spam-manaburn a shaman, your partner needs to play better and you need to be more agressive.
    Wind shear, tremor, ground, ghost wolf, if you're getting controlled while being a shaman I guess you really deserve being manaburned for once.
    Last edited by mmoc554226d116; 2011-09-16 at 11:17 AM.