Deleted

Noctua NH-D14 problem

Hi all,

So I've just installed my Noctua HSF and noticed that the end fan does not appear to be spinning and am obviously quite worried because I don't my CPU to overheat - the middle fan is spinning absolutely fine however.

Is there some feature that only uses one fan when it needs or is it broken?

Thanks,

Rob

---------- Post added 2011-09-15 at 06:59 PM ----------

Ignore my massive fail, the 3pin had fallen out of the adapter. Do apologize!

No such feature that I know of as mine just worked without me setting anything up. Make sure your connections are good.
    Last edited by Avenge; 2011-09-15 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Already fixed yay
    Aveñge - Kel'Thuzad (US)
    HAF 942 Nvidia Ed. | i5 2500K | Asus P8Z68-V PRO | NH-D14 | 8GB DDR3 | Evga GeForce GTX 580 | Crucial m4 128GB | 2.75TB Storage

10+ Year Old Account
    Not used a D14, both fans come with their own power connectors right? Your motherboard should've come with plenty of 3-pin fan connectors, try plugging the fan into a different connector (just for testing purposes) and power it up. If the fan still isn't moving then you could have a dead fan, I'm sure Noctua would replace it quickly.

Don't worry about overheating, that gigantic mother-of-a-heatsink could keep your CPU within acceptable temps even with no fans running.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Not used a D14, both fans come with their own power connectors right? Your motherboard should've come with plenty of 3-pin fan connectors, try plugging the fan into a different connector (just for testing purposes) and power it up. If the fan still isn't moving then you could have a dead fan, I'm sure Noctua would replace it quickly.
    The NH D14 comes with a splitter, so both fans are connected to the CPU fan connector afaik.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then it could either be a dead fan or the splitter not splitting up the current properly. Either way OP should contact Noctua or the store where he got it from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Well then it could either be a dead fan or the splitter not splitting up the current properly. Either way OP should contact Noctua or the store where he got it from.
    Read his 2nd post:
    "Ignore my massive fail, the 3pin had fallen out of the adapter. Do apologize!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I am always right

Always

ALWAYS

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing because omg no one reads edits!
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right