Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healing Baleroc.

I was having a bit of a problem with heals on Baleroc, and I think it may have been because I kept Lifebloom / Rejuv rolling on the MT?

I'm guessing the Lifebloom expiring and Gift of the Earth Mother are messing with my stacks? (When it's not my turn to be on tanks)

I'm assuming that's the problem I'm having because those are counted as Direct Heals?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    no, direct heals are heals with a cast time like regrowth, healing touch, nourish

Quote Originally Posted by Washuwa View Post
    no, direct heals are heals with a cast time like regrowth, healing touch, nourish
    Really? My buff icon kept changing to the one you get when you're healing tanks, even when all I had was Rejuv / Lifebloom on him

A Direct Heal is a Heal that will start off Healing a base amount.

As a Druid your direct heals are going to be Healing Touch, Nourish, Regrowth, and Swiftmend. All of these can trigger Vital Spark/Vital Flame.

The only time you should really keep up Lifebloom/Rejuv on the MT is when you're actually healing him. When you're healing people on the Crystals, it's not really important enough to keep Lifebloom/Rejuv up on the Tank.

Really you should only worry about Lifebloom because of the OoC procs. Rejuv and Lifebloom aren't going to do much in ways of actual healing for this fight since the buff only affects Direct Heals.

Ya, I was keeping Lifebloom rolling on the tank for OoC procs.... And the Rejuv was just, habit I suppose lol

Also, wouldn't the direct healing Rejuv does from Gift of the Earth Mother count as Direct Healing?
    Last edited by Breyers; 2011-09-16 at 12:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
    A Direct Heal is a Heal that will start off Healing a base amount.

As a Druid your direct heals are going to be Healing Touch, Nourish, Regrowth, and Swiftmend. All of these can trigger Vital Spark/Vital Flame.

The only time you should really keep up Lifebloom/Rejuv on the MT is when you're actually healing him. When you're healing people on the Crystals, it's not really important enough to keep Lifebloom/Rejuv up on the Tank.

Really you should only worry about Lifebloom because of the OoC procs. Rejuv and Lifebloom aren't going to do much in ways of actual healing for this fight since the buff only affects Direct Heals.
    Pretty much this although I'd suggest keeping some hots on the tank (especially Lifebloom for procs) just in case shit happens. Just don't pop swiftmend on the tank while you're trying to stack up the buff and you're good.

I believe that the immediate tick of Rejuv from Gift of the Earth Mother counts as a direct heal, but refreshing Lifebloom shouldn't cause your buff to trigger.

Only direct heals count.... as said, nourish, regrowth, HT and swiftmend ON THE TANK.

Not lifebloom's "bloom", not GOTEM on rejuv, not trinket or 4pc procs. Just the above.

Druids sometimes have a hard time with Bale because they have to do a 180 from their normal healing rotation. Here's what I do (we have 1 tank, 3 heals);

Start on shard, have 3 rejuv rolling as fight starts. Spam Nourish on shard target till 6-7 stacks, then spam Regrowth until they call for switch, popping SM as they switch. Then 2-3 Nourish on new target and go back to Regrowth spam. Pop Innervate as soon as crystal despawns and switch to tank. At this point I have 45-50 stacks and I stick on the tank until our Hpally has 60-70 stacks. Then, switch back to crystals (usually back up to 70-80k mana by now) and repeat, only with a few less Regrowths on the second target usually. By now I have ~100 stacks and I hop back on the tank, Innervate is up before I run into trouble, and if DPS are slacking and Bale isn't dead by the time I have to switch, either our Hpally or Disc priest (who has been on shards the whole time) can easily pick up the slack.

Deleted
    The BalerocHealers addon is useful for knowing who has what buff and how many stacks. You'll be able to see what the other healers are doing too so if you're doing something wrong you'll find out quicker.
    In 10s we have 2 DPS on the shard so I LB the person taking it first.

What was the problem you were having? Building stacks?

the final tick of lifebloom counts as a direct heal from what ive been seeing so as long as u dont let it fall of and just continue to refresh

also, i am still unsure if the initial direct heal from rejuv(spec'd into) counts because it heals as soon as rejuv is cast

10+ Year Old Account
    At no point does Lifebloom or Rejuvenation count as a direct heal on Baleroc. The only things that do as mentioned above are Nourish, Healing Touch, Regrowth and Swiftmend.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Only direct heals count.... as said, nourish, regrowth, HT and swiftmend ON THE TANK.

Not lifebloom's "bloom", not GOTEM on rejuv, not trinket or 4pc procs. Just the above.
    ^this, and that healing baleroc sucks as a druid as you have to heal in a totally arse over tit way.

We have two druids and a holy priest on Baleroc. Both druids start out on Tank and Holy priest heals two full shards. First one is a Warr that can get 21 stacks + 1 dps, second is a DK that can get 18+. I can get 40+ fire Stacks on the first two shards While healing tank.

Heal tank to full while War is low. When he pops Shield wall spam regrowth. a few times while hots keep MT up. Swift Mend MT and then your heals easily keep him up while you regain mana. When you have 1-2 sec left on buff, refresh all hots and do the same on the DK. You should just be losing your buff when DK pops AMS and IBF.

After 2 Shards. Both druids heal shards, while the priest heals tank until decimation blade. Then the druids switch off every other dec blade. Easy as pie. And NO LB, Rejuv and ticks from regrowth do not give you the buff. Only the cast regrowth, HT, Nourish and SM.

I had to point out to the other heals, and maybe this is your problem. Just because you stop healing tank and start healing shards doesn't mean your stacks start building. You have to be mindful of the buff. You can only start stacking again when the healing buff falls off (which can be up to 16 sec). Don't direct heal the tank right before switching. Don't wast expensive heals until you can actually get the stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Including all said above, you do indeed want to keep LB on the MT at all times. Probably not worth switching back and forth, but you want it always up for regen/CC purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
    ^this, and that healing baleroc sucks as a druid as you have to heal in a totally arse over tit way.
    Awww, it's my favorite fight this tier!

I somehow got to be the high stack healer (have faith in the druids!) and have had lots of fun with it.

Really wish I could get in a full parse. So far my best was #6 on WOL while getting two countdowns and being tormented for the last 2 minutes of the fight :P

I shall get #1, it will happen.

---------- Post added 2011-09-16 at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Including all said above, you do indeed want to keep LB on the MT at all times. Probably not worth switching back and forth, but you want it always up for regen/CC purposes.
    I keep LB on the inferno tank, seems to be the best spot. It's not much help on decimation blades, and IMO is a waste of time to switch to shards.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2011-09-16 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    When it's my turn to heal soakers, I put LB on them before they start soaking. Wouldn't this be better? My direct heals would automatically refresh them and I wouldn't have to spend a GCD on reapplying on the tank.

I am a resto Druid. We 3 heal the fight. What happens is we have someone heal the tank in the beginning alone. Then a sprist or whoever has some damage mitigation CDs takes the 1st shard to a very high amount. During that crystal we pop hero and I tree form spam regrowth on that sprist. I get around 80 stacks in the first crystal and heal the tank almost the entire fight and do around 35k hps while the other healers get stacks and one switches to the tank on decimation blade. :d druids are op on that fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    When it's my turn to heal soakers, I put LB on them before they start soaking. Wouldn't this be better? My direct heals would automatically refresh them and I wouldn't have to spend a GCD on reapplying on the tank.
    Not sure if I understand what you're trying to say but anyway, how is that going to help you with building up the stacks?

Pop LB on soakers only if your healing is too low maybe and they die due to it, but otherwise just keep it on the tank imo and refresh it just before it runs out. Not a big deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Awww, it's my favorite fight this tier!

I somehow got to be the high stack healer (have faith in the druids!) and have had lots of fun with it.
    Damn u Spruce! I get the reverse job. I get to heal the tanks until the 2 healers (priest & shammy) getting high stacks are ready, then I heal the shard soakers, so I do bugger all hps and have no fun at all . So Baleroc is one fight i don't think I'll ever get a decent ranking on.