Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Ok, is this just me? (Ret pally censure dot).

I'm a pally healer, sitting at around 3.7k resi.

now here is my question, quite a simple one.
    Is it just me or does the new censure since the buff hurt like f***!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tosu View Post
    I'm a pally healer, sitting at around 3.7k resi.

now here is my question, quite a simple one.
    Is it just me or does the new censure since the buff hurt like f***!!
    The buff isnt even out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinator View Post
    It is, it was buffed shortly after the post about it.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...otfix-Incoming

10+ Year Old Account

It was a hotfix....
    "My redemption, lies in your demise" - Randy Blythe, Vocalist of Lamb of God.

That's what you think ...he's from the future /mindblown

im a prot pally, and yes... it hurts like hell. Its so funny watching someone think "omgprotlol" then try to run away like a bizzo. I love it.

The problem with ret Pallies is that was really the only thing they could buff that's sustained Dmg apart from melee strikes. Perhaps they could of buffed hand of light - either way censure on a few of the fl bosses has been my number 1 Dmg contributed. Ret like fire mages are too rng and if there was another dps spec for pallies I'd think many ppl would choose the other spec. Again this is my opinion and perhaps I just get the worst rng when it comes to procs on my pally
    What the hell are we supposed to use man...... Harsh Language!?

Sept. 9th hotfix it was added...derp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Really? An ability that did ~10% of a ret pally's overall dps is buffed by 40% so it does ~13% overall dps and you think it's OP? In the grand schem of things is accounted for MAYBE a 2% overall dps increase. So no it doesn't hurt like F*CK.

Funny how pallys get even the smallest of a buff and people start to think that the class is OP again and going around one shotting people in pvp again. LOL!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    Really? An ability that did ~10% of a ret pally's overall dps is buffed by 40% so it does ~13% overall dps and you think it's OP? In the grand schem of things is accounted for MAYBE a 2% overall dps increase. So no it doesn't hurt like F*CK.

Funny how pallys get even the smallest of a buff and people start to think that the class is OP again and going around one shotting people in pvp again. LOL!
    The OP said it hurt a lot. He didn't say it was OP

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Who said it was OP? Who was QQ'ing? I was asking a question...get down of your high Thalassian warhorse.

~10% overall dps is buffed by 40% so it does ~13% overall dps (...) MAYBE a 2% overall dps increase
    Solid math here! j/k
    I fail to see how that "small" buff makes pallies OP, a DoT with a decent ramp-up time that "hurts like f***" in pvp (if it even does..) sounds not that unfair.

Deleted
    ~10% of a ret pally's overall dps is buffed by 40% so it does ~13% overall dps (MAYBE a 2% dps increase
    he's right ya know ...
    peaple see '40%dmg increase' and theyre like OMG PALLY GOT 40% DMG BUFF OP SHIZZ
    quotes like 'hurt like f**ck' and 'OP' make me facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temsen View Post
    Solid math here! j/k
    I fail to see how that "small" buff makes pallies OP, a DoT with a decent ramp-up time that "hurts like f***" in pvp (if it even does..) sounds not that unfair.
    This... Needs 5 stacks, ticks every 3 secs and it can be dispelled. Happy Days!
    My Youtube Channel | My Character | My Blog
    Steel your heart and your soul will shine brighter than a thousand suns. The enemy will falter at the sight of you. They will fall as the light of righteousness envelops them!

No one said it was OP. So why the hell are you responding to the thread like someone did say that? Atleast read the thread before replying.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HitchHikergaming View Post
    This... Needs 5 stacks, ticks every 3 secs and it can be dispelled. Happy Days!
    Cannot be dispelled. Or at least not by me....

---------- Post added 2011-09-17 at 05:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    he's right ya know ...
    peaple see '40%dmg increase' and theyre like OMG PALLY GOT 40% DMG BUFF OP SHIZZ
    quotes like 'hurt like f**ck' and 'OP' make me facepalm
    It does hurt like fuck.....facepalm away

10+ Year Old Account
    3,7k resi and it started hurting like hell after it got buffed by 40%?

It's one of the weakest DoTs in the game if you consider the effort-to-result ratio. How do you feel about the feral/rogue bleeds then I wonder...

I really don't know what to say, I'm pretty sure you just had a situational subjective impression. It didn't hurt too much before and a 40% increase is nowhere near to make it hurt to a healer with that amount of resilience. Not by a long shot.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post

It's one of the weakest DoTs in the game if you consider the effort-to-result ratio. How do you feel about the feral/rogue bleeds then I wonder...

I really don't know what to say, I'm pretty sure you just had a situational subjective impression. It didn't hurt too much before and a 40% increase is nowhere near to make it hurt to a healer with that amount of resilience. Not by a long shot.
    It may just be the combo of that and the burst from a Ret, I'll have to keep checking my damage taken logs to see the true dmg dealt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post

OT:
    A rogues bleed is pathetic compared to a druid bleed. Rupture does ~400-450 per tick, 900 if it's a crit, while a druids is anywhere between 6k-8k per tick. And you will hardly ever see a rogue use rupture in PVP, unless it's to keep another rogue from stealthing.

On topic: But yes that censure dot hurts.
    "this movie sends a bad msg to pallys

natalie portman will hook up with ret pally" (Thor) -GennGreymane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosu View Post
    It may just be the combo of that and the burst from a Ret
    I'm inclined to believe this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by LameCake View Post
    OT:
    A rogues bleed is pathetic compared to a druid bleed. Rupture does ~400-450 per tick, 900 if it's a crit, while a druids is anywhere between 6k-8k per tick. And you will hardly ever see a rogue use rupture in PVP, unless it's to keep another rogue from stealthing.
    My statement had nothing to do with the issue of feral bleeds vs rogue bleeds. Rupture is still a stronger on-demand tool than Censure.
    Never pressing Rupture will not punish a Rogue's damage in PvP since he has other finishers. Failing to keep up a 5 stack Censure (which happens very often with ranged classes) does punish the Paladin since it's an integral part of the overall damage.

Regardless, I'm not the biggest expert on rogue PvP and I'm not really interested in a "strength of Rogue DoTs" debate. I don't have any first-hand deep knowledge to back it up so I won't get into it right now.

Feral bleeds are ofc more powerful, but that's quite beside the point here.

A full Ruthless Ret has around 12k passive ap, which results in a 8.0-8.5k Censure over 15 seconds after the hotfix. Factor in that it is stacked over time, that it requires constant ToT to keep up, that it is affected by resilience as all other attacks and I don't feel like this is a particularly dangerous DoT.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.