Multiple monitors

So I am in the process of planning a new build and want the ability to have two monitors. I am looking at this video card. So my questions about two monitors are as follows:

• Can I just plug one monitor into the HDMI and one into the DP and have them both work?
    • Will using two monitors have a noticeable effect on graphics quality/FPS in games/etc.?
    • Is there a noticeable quality difference between HDMI/DP/DVI? Which connections are best to use?
    • Is it possible to have WoW on one monitor either Full Screen or Maximized Window while using the second monitor for browsing?
    • If playing WoW on a dual monitor setup, how much difficulty is presented by accidentally moving the mouse off the WoW screen and onto the second monitor?
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Yes

No

No

Yes

If you play in fullscreen you will be unable to move your mouse to the second monitor until you tab out.

I can only answer three of your questions, but...

-I never had it impact my FPS, or at least nothing noticeable.
    -It is possible to have WoW as a maximized window, and browse the internet on the second monitor. This is my setup on two monitors.
    -I never had any problems "mousing" over to the other screen. Maybe once in a while, but it never bothered me. Even if you do, it would only cost you a second or two to move back over and click on WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill answer what I can from experience...

Yes, you can use the HDMI and another connection.

If you have 2 monitors, one on WoW, one for browsing. Then you will want to play in Full Screen (Windowed). That way you can bypass the need to ALT+Tab to get to the other monitor. Or you can play in just full screen and then alt+tab and go to the other monitor.

Also, using 2 monitors, wont hurt your FPS if your rig is good. On the other hand your card COULD run hotter while using two monitors. I used to Dual as well with my 470, but I really didn't like the heat it was putting out.

• Can I just plug one monitor into the HDMI and one into the DP and have them both work?
      Yes - you will only need special setups to go >2 - but it can be worth it
    • Will using two monitors have a noticeable effect on graphics quality/FPS in games/etc.?
      Not really - assuming you are talking about running the game in windowed maximised on a single screen in both circumstances, you won't see a difference. If you are talking about fullscreen maximised over both screens, you will see an fps loss - doesn't sound like what you intend to do though.
    • Is there a noticeable quality difference between HDMI/DP/DVI? Which connections are best to use?
      HDMI is the same signal as DVI, it just has sound in the same cable. DP takes this a bit further, but no, you won't see a difference there.
    • Is it possible to have WoW on one monitor either Full Screen or Maximized Window while using the second monitor for browsing?
      Yes.
    • If playing WoW on a dual monitor setup, how much difficulty is presented by accidentally moving the mouse off the WoW screen and onto the second monitor?
      None if you play windowed maximised (or just windowed) - a ton if you don't.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2011-09-16 at 06:12 AM.

I can't play single monitor set up anymore, and it doesnt reduce your frames . . . no special set up required just plug both into your graphics cards and go, I play wow in a non maxxed window i never carry over into the other screen unless i mean to, you'd have to be going pretty crazy with the mouse to do so.