Thread: OS Clash

Deleted

OS Clash

I've just finished my new build and I've encountered an unexpected error.

After i had finished building my rig I installed Windows 7 onto my 1TB WD Caviar Black just to see if everything was running fine, I installed the drivers and everything was dandy.

However I just got my SSD yesterday and booted back up - UEFI BIOS recognized it fine and i proceeded to install Windows 7 onto that one also, as well as all my drivers.

However, whenever I now enter into BIOS my SSD is not being recognised in the Boot priority option - however skipping past BIOS I am prompted to select either of two 'Windows 7' boot devices (One SSD and one HDD I am assuming). The problem is that if I boot up into either of those Windows 7 anything I try do seems to freeze (If I navigate through control panel to device manager, when I click on it the tab seems to freeze and is unresponsive - its the same with trying to open any other application)

In short, I want to completely wipe eveything off both SSD and HDD as if they're new and just re-install the OS back onto the SSD.

What's the best and easiest way to go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!

Run any linux distro off a Flashdrive to get any important data and then format and reinstall windows on SSD.