Rare hunting - Staying online

I do love to farm my rares, especially mounts, and I was wondering if there was an easy way I can stay on-line, leaving my character over certain locations, so that I can sleep ect while looking. (Speakers are loud enough to wake me if NPC Scan ect triggers)

Put something small and heavy on your left or right arrow key so you go in circles, or tape down one of your left/right arrows keys.

Going left or right in circles will still log you out, and it also does not remove afk status.

Deleted

Don't know if it still works...

Wow, that is one awesome machine right there. I used to have an addon that would do it, but I'm not sure if it is still around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind=blown at the video XD I didn't know it was possible without some sorta third party type thing.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post

I have tried something similar to this before, it is not bad, but it does tend to move you away from the designated area ^^

---------- Post added 2011-09-17 at 08:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    Wow, that is one awesome machine right there. I used to have an addon that would do it, but I'm not sure if it is still around.
    If you remember, please tell me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post

LOL! Yes!
    /10charcs

Deleted
    Be careful with this. Stay away from AutoIt, since it is considered as a bot for Blizzard. I would not be surprised if that fan method would trigger the battle.net warden to swing the banhammer. Its hard to filter that its not a cheap autoit software.
    From the wardens point of view, you press the same keys in the same time sequence, over and over again, flags you as a bot.