Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Orgin (EA's Steam)

Anyone have a Promo Code for here?

A shot in the dark I know. Just curious.

You know what I love about Origin? The fact that it will remove all future EA titles from Steam so I don't have to see them anymore. I.... I cannot express my happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    You know what I love about Origin? The fact that it will remove all future EA titles from Steam so I don't have to see them anymore. I.... I cannot express my happiness.
    haha.. priceless

Deleted
    I agree In fair competition, but the way EA went about Origin Is pathetic.
    It's basically Apple brainwashing the world with phone stalking, and now EA want to put all the games they rightfully publish, onto they're "Great" system.

To also top that list of annoyance, this F'ing Solid Gold achievment Is more bull then bull. Basically, It's AWFUL.

I'm glad they released Origin, I am sick of Steam. At least origin seems to have steady download servers, whereas for me Steam can bounce between slow downloading a fast on a regular basis.

VIVA LA ORIGIN!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khathrok View Post
    I'm glad they released Origin, I am sick of Steam. At least origin seems to have steady download servers, whereas for me Steam can bounce between slow downloading a fast on a regular basis.

VIVA LA ORIGIN!
    1.9 MB/s on Steam
    1.3 MB/s on Origin

Deleted
    It can get into your computer and read more than other companies: No thanks, EA. I'd like to stick with Steam and you and your games can piss off (:

I don't really like steam. It's okay, but it could be better.

So now someone comes out with a competing service... but instead of making it better than steam, they make it worse.... ?

Yeah... no thanks.

What about prices? Is it the same 1e=1$ ripoff for EU like on Steam?

Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    What about prices? Is it the same 1e=1$ ripoff for EU like on Steam?
    They do that for games, everywhere. Unless it's an indie dev in the EU (Mojang)

10+ Year Old Account
    Services like Steam were fine for me back when it only acted as a online match making service. Now however with pretty much all big title PC games requiring Steam to play, even if you buy them in retail, well its pretty much killed PC gaming for me beyond a few select games or niche retail titles. I prefer not having to deal with an outside element when playing my games. Download exclusives are one thing, I may not like them but if people choose to download instead of buy retail then that's their choice, however forcing people to still use services like Steam and Origin even if you buy a game in a store is to me just ridiculous and once again pretty much the main reason I rarely ever get PC games anymore unless they are exclusives.

Kinda sucks that I won't have all of my games in one place anymore. EA's just jelly.

Don't imply that it's as good as Steam.

The License Agreement requires you to give EA access to every single piece of information on your PC they want to take for whatever they want. Also you're only renting the games for 2 years, or however long EA decide.

Steam:
    -Tax free
    -Faster Downloading
    -Established User base
    -More games
    -Better deals and more of them
    -Better interface
    -More customization(falls under better interface I guess)
    -Uses less memory(nit picking here)
    -Has my 300+ games and all my friends on it, plus the groups that I joined that have thousands of people per group...

Origin:
    -None of the things listed under Steam....

Everyone say's that "oooh competition is gewwwwwwd" Yeah..well Origin's prices are exactly the same as Steam, but they charge Tax and Steam doesn't. Where's the logic....

I like having all my shit in one place with all my friends in one place, Origin is messing that up.

Yea..I'll be using it for SWTOR and BF3...that's will be about it...
    Last edited by Trapt; 2011-09-17 at 11:54 AM.

Ea u logged my keys!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapt View Post
    Steam:
    -Tax free
    -Faster Downloading
    -Established User base
    -More games
    -Better deals and more of them
    -Better interface
    -More customization(falls under better interface I guess)
    -Uses less memory(nit picking here)
    -Has my 300+ games and all my friends on it, plus the groups that I joined that have thousands of people per group...

Origin:
    -None of the things listed under Steam....

Everyone say's that "oooh competition is gewwwwwwd" Yeah..well Origin's prices are exactly the same as Steam, but they charge Tax and Steam doesn't. Where's the logic....

I like having all my shit in one place with all my friends in one place, Origin is messing that up.

Yea..I'll be using it for SWTOR and BF3...that's will be about it...
    Steam tax free? Are you serious? Even if it was tax free it certainly doesn't show on the price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Steam tax free? Are you serious? Even if it was tax free it certainly doesn't show on the price tag.
    Tax free for me. If a game says $29.99 that's all I have to pay. I'm from the US, I assume it's different elsewhere.

Edit: Just confirmed it, looked at my bill statement cause I bought Hard Reset. No tax.

SWTOR won't require Origin to play only to purchase the digital download. BF3 will though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapt View Post
    Tax free for me. If a game says $29.99 that's all I have to pay. I'm from the US, I assume it's different elsewhere.

Edit: Just confirmed it, looked at my bill statement cause I bought Hard Reset. No tax.
    Says this on the checkout page:

"VAT: All prices include VAT where applicable"

You wouldn't see it seperately then, would you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    "VAT: All prices include VAT where applicable"
    USA doesn't have VAT. They have a sales tax, and, AFAIK, it's not shown on price tags in many states, it's added at the checkout. So it's possible that Steam is, in fact, tax free in the US.
    Last edited by Kisuro; 2011-09-17 at 12:47 PM.