a question to the US guys here!(politics)

this is for the republicans more and for the ones on the fence

how can your options be a man that after he failed in his state he decided to pray and leave the economy to good
    and
    a woman that says that bad weather is the wrath of god to the country

i mean most of the people i know used to believe that bush is the worst thing you could put on the office...but now we are not sure anymore
    (no trying to bush the republicans,i just cant understand the thinking behind of putting people like them in that position...if it was the 60s or 70s i can understand but not in these days.

Deleted
    It's because those people are basically their mirrors. I am not even an American and I know this.

You must be a Clinton Fan Boy. Saying Bush was the worst thing in office is just ignorance. Did you forget about Nixon and Carter? The American people are fickle. They will change based on what their neighbors and media believe. The true problem is all the "experts" that the media shows to tell us how to think. Shoot, pay me $200K and I'll be an expert on whatever you want. Who's going to discredit me, 99.99% of Americans will automatically believe I am a true expert because Fox,CNN,NBC put me on air. America has bigger problems than just another crappy president!

WE might as well put a 3 legged dog in office. They will still never get anything accomplished other than being a scapegoat for Congress, who is the real reason the country is in such a shambles.

Bachman is a fruitcake and Perry... meh. He's been my governor for 12 years now. Never voted for the man. But looks like I'm gonna have to break my record. LOL

American presidential elections is all about trying to choose the least bad of a really lousy set of choices... and hoping the electoral college doesn't overrule your (the popular) vote. Obama made alot of promises and immediately broke all of them the moment he took the oath. "Yes we can" became "No I ain't". Which proved he was nothing more than one more of the same-old same-old.

Don't get me started on the shrub. THAT person was a disaster as a gov and even worse as a pres. And I still say there's a village thats missing its idiot. At least he no longer claims Midland as home.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirina View Post
    You must be a Clinton Fan Boy. Saying Bush was the worst thing in office is just ignorance. Did you forget about Nixon and Carter? The American people are fickle. They will change based on what their neighbors and media believe. The true problem is all the "experts" that the media shows to tell us how to think. Shoot, pay me $200K and I'll be an expert on whatever you want. Who's going to discredit me, 99.99% of Americans will automatically believe I am a true expert because Fox,CNN,NBC put me on air. America has bigger problems than just another crappy president!
    i said that i can understand if it was the 60s/70s era but now its absurd to have people like them run the oval office.Also i dont know about Carter and Nixon but saying god told you to invade in a country is scary as shit :P

as far as the mirror comment...i don't think so since more that 50% don't vote

Quote Originally Posted by antonatsis View Post
    i said that i can understand if it was the 60s/70s era but now its absurd to have people like them run the oval office.Also i dont know about Carter and Nixon but saying god told you to invade in a country is scary as shit :P

as far as the mirror comment...i don't think so since more that 50% don't vote
    Should look them up! Once again, it's because society is fickle....we will never be satisfied

Quote Originally Posted by Tarashan View Post
    Bachman is a fruitcake and Perry... meh. He's been my governor for 12 years now. Never voted for the man. But looks like I'm gonna have to break my record. LOL

American presidential elections is all about trying to choose the least bad of a really lousy set of choices... and hoping the electoral college doesn't overrule your (the popular) vote. Obama made alot of promises and immediately broke all of them the moment he took the oath. "Yes we can" became "No I ain't". Which proved he was nothing more than one more of the same-old same-old.

Don't get me started on the shrub. THAT person was a disaster as a gov and even worse as a pres. And I still say there's a village thats missing its idiot. At least he no longer claims Midland as home.
    so if that guy becomes president what will happen if a economic crisis hit again?man how much would i like to see the president of the US go and say...ok we failed,lets all pray to god for help :P the entire country would go bankrupt in the blink of an eye :P

Yeah, I don't think I want to vote for a man who, cut millions of dollars from the state budget that was used to help our volunteer fire departments replace old broken down trucks. Nice move idiot, how did that work out for us this year. Perry is moron who has done a great job making Texas look good to outsiders, but those of us here at home know better.

so if that guy becomes president what will happen if a economic crisis hit again?man how much would i like to see the president of the US go and say...ok we failed,lets all pray to god for help :P the entire country would go bankrupt in the blink of an eye :P
    it's better than voting in a bunch of career politicians who you know will already fail you!

i mean most of the people i know used to believe that bush is the worst thing you could put on the office...but now we are not sure anymore
    (no trying to bush the republicans,i just cant understand the thinking behind of putting people like them in that position...if it was the 60s or 70s i can understand but not in these days.
    It's never safe to make this kind of absolute judgements on current events. It's like how Lincoln was regarded as an abysmal failure in the months before the Union won the civil war. Then he was killed and became America's favourite president. Emotions cloud judgements on issues close to home (i.e. recent), there's no avoiding it. So three years ago the world hated Bush because he started two wars, but then you look back now and apathy dulls that hatred.

It's the same with the Republican candidates now.

In Australia, we don't have (particularly) good choices here at the moment, and some would say our left wing is a little too right, but at least neither choice is truly terrible. The kind of personal beliefs that some of the American presidential candidates express concern me - it seems to be.. an overly emotional vote, sometimes. I wouldn't know for sure, only having an outsider's perspective, but that's just me.

I can't imagine that Faux News and that sort of media helps with the process, though.
    Those who search for meaning in something will always find it - even if it's not there. Apophenia and pareidolia, gentlemen.

There are two groups of people who vote for republicans. Those who benefit from republicans being in office and those who think they will benefit from republicans being in office. Obviously the extra wealthy have the most to gain from a republican led political system. However, the Republican Party attracts a lot of fringe groups: gun nuts, pro-life individuals, racists (“if you’re a republican it doesn’t mean you’re a racist but if you’re a racist you’re probably a republican” – can’t remember who said that), and religious fanatics to name a few.

And maybe the largest group that votes for Republicans are those who are not wealthy or rich but believe since this is America, through hard work and determination they are destined to be so. That belief is a complete and utter disillusion of fact. Think of Joe the Plumber (if anyone remembers) and it will make sense. At the Tea Party debate last week Romney said if he was elected he would remove all capital gains taxes for the middle class. The crowd went wild. I guess none of them stopped to think that the true middle class does not have any capital gains to be taxed.

I’m not trying to paint Republican’s in a negative light; an equally negative light could be depicted of the Democratic Party. My point is people vote for which candidate they think will best represent their interests, as they should. Just like everywhere else in the world, the average person in America is a moron who is easily manipulated, swayed, and misinformed which is why we have fringes on the left and the right who in the end make everyone look bad.

That's not really how it works Antonatsis. See, in America, we have this magical thing called "lobbying".

CEOs can throw their money at whoever they want and it automatically gets them more of a say in politics than any normal citizen could ever dream of. Those "Republicans" you spoke of simply earned the favor of the rich, while poor schmucks like Huntsman get left behind. There's even more money being passed to these guys under the table and by proxy. It's glorified bribing basically.

Deleted
    We have plenty of politics threads already. This thread won't go good for long anyways.