Poll: Digital download or Disk?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    problem is tho, steam is EXTREMLY expensive.
    I pay like 1/6 of the price I would pay in a store using steam. I guess it depends on the taxes of where you live.

It's really difficult to say nowadays. I love physical copies but a service like steam that allows me to download the game wherever I go without having to carry discs around is too convenient. I vote digital but with a heavy heart
    I'm still thinking about it...

Deleted
    I prefer a disc. Simply because I can then re-sell it to clean up some of my possessions and return some of my invested money. In addition to that, the prices of digital download on console are rather... expensive.

Deleted
    Download.
    Why?
    Because I'm lazy.

I prefer a physical disk, but these days with faster download speeds and games that get patched/updated so much it's really becoming more and more of a tossup. So many of my older games I have disks that are hard to find or are never touched again. Even with WoW it's easier to download the client again than to install from disk and then update.

The one big worry, of course, is that if you use a service like Steam, don't have copies of the software install anywhere, and Steam were to go under. That could leave you up a creek. Of course, if you don't play your old games much then it may not be much of a worry anyway.

Deleted
    Disc. I like to look over at my pile of old MMo boxes and get hit by the wave of nostalgia. UO at the bottom and Rift at the top. Most other big mmos in there as well.

While I appreciate the connivence of a digital download, disk installs generally to be so much faster (or so it seems) - so I voted disk. Also... it irks me that things like digital albums, digital books, and digital downloads for games don't cost much (if any) less than their physical counter parts. I know you are paying for content, but not having to deal with packaging or shipping should cut prices by a bit. Companies are just greedy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will always choose a physical copy o'er a digital download fer th' simple fact that I will own th' game ere. Digital downloads be obsolete an' th' game won't be hosted at some point in th' future an' if I want t' play 't again I dasn't want t' be havin' th' hassle o' tryin' t' find a download fer 't.
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2011-09-19 at 09:58 PM.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

For games that I pre-order I always get a physical disc since I have a kinda slow download I don't want to sit at home for hours waiting for the game to download before I can play it, and I love having the box / case for the game just for the sake of it. It also make it less of a hassle to reinstall the game in the future if I would wanna do that. But for games that I just buy cause I feel like it during a weekend or something I usully get a digital copy instead.

But pre-orders, always disc no exceptions there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always the disk. That way I don't have to keep the install data on my computer as well, or redownload it if I need to reinstall later.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Since I'm on a 15GB Cap [mobile broadband], rather have a physical copy... if after downloading to burn it as a back up. If I had a really fast connection, and bandwidth wasn't an issue, then I'd go with downloading strictly.