Forging Sul'thraze the Lasher - Is it worth of an Rp event?

Ok i`m new on this RP thing. And i`ve joined Orcs of the Red Blade (a kick ass guild i`d might add) on Defias Brotherhood EU. The guild is verry Rp active and i was thinking if forging this weapon is worth of an event. Also i whould like any ideas of how the event should be, if it is to happen at all. May i add that this guild is verry strict about their Rp. People take things verry serious when it comes to the storylines and lore.

Fire away...

PS: I allready have the 2 swords i need to forge the weapon.

A little background on the sword: This sun-blasted city is home to the Sandfury trolls, known for their particular ruthlessness and dark mysticism. Troll legends tell of a powerful sword called [Sul'thraze the Lasher] , a weapon capable of instilling fear and weakness in even the most formidable of foes. Long ago, the weapon was split in half. However, rumors have circulated that the two halves may be found somewhere within Zul'Farrak's walls.
    Last edited by Doomeye; 2011-09-18 at 04:52 AM.

I'd ask your guild's officers, but I'd imagine that it might be worth an event, at least a small one.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly would say the opposite; my personal feeling in regards to weapons and armor ingame is that if it is at all significant in any way, you don't have it. Unfortunately weapons and armor ingame are not truly unique in that only one person can have any one piece. If there are several people walking around saying they've got the whatever, then the point of having a 'unique' weapon is lost.

Thus, if it were me, I would completely disregard all of the lore associated with the weapon and forge it solely for the look/stats/whatever. That's just me.

If the guild is very strict about lore, I would also tend to say no. As Synaxis said, if it is a Lore weapon, a player does not own it. Granted, Zul'Thraze might not be as central or powerful as maybe Atiesh, the Ashbringer or all the others, but if you are strict about it, owning a lore weapon is not possible for players. It would in extension be a relation to a major lore character/plot. And considering the implications given by the flavor text of the sword, if you forge it in your lore everybody would have to sort of run away from you if you draw it. So in the end it is too powerful for a player to wield.

Best advice would be ask your guild what their opinion on it is. Just state that you know it is a iffy subject, and they won't give you a hard time for asking.