Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mayweather would have beat him anyway. Every Mayweather fight is the same. He hangs out the first round reading his opponents, then crushes them pretty much every round after. Been happening for 10+ years. Yea he's probably the most cocky person ever but he's an amazing fighter. The guys defense and reflexes are super-human.

Quote Originally Posted by CSanthony View Post
    If that happens. Mayweather is too scared. I would be too if it was Paq I had to fight.

---------- Post added 2011-09-18 at 06:06 AM ----------

With an amateur move, to say the least. Both fought dirty, chump.
    Hell yah he did, I won't give him props for playing good, he isn't my fav and I could care less for the dude, but I gotta give him props for capitolizing on anger just to get a cheap win. To some that's boring, others it's outrageous, to me I find it to be good entertainment. Especially when things get heated, if they have a rematch it'll be a hell of a fight. And if not, look at the fans going crazy, already bringing up Pac as if Ortiz didn't even matter. Yup, it's looking mighty fun for us viewers, that sweet spot when Mayweather goes up crooked and falls down straight is gonna be a moment to remember
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

it did look dirty but we dont know what was said in that 2 seconds before he hit ortiz could've really sparked something, plus ref had moved outa the way letting them continue fighting, oritz wanted to talk things out mayweather wanted to KO his ass, i think it looked cheap from our view even though floyd would've still won the fight, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsandwich732 View Post
    Mayweather would have beat him anyway. Every Mayweather fight is the same. He hangs out the first round reading his opponents, then crushes them pretty much every round after. Been happening for 10+ years. Yea he's probably the most cocky person ever but he's an amazing fighter. The guys defense and reflexes are super-human.
    Cocky isn't even the word to describe what a chump ass bitch ****er he is.

Time was in. Nothing wrong with the punch. Ortiz was getting dominated as it was, and had only one a single round on one of the three scorecards. With the point deduction the fight was a round or two from being impossible to win for Ortiz.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yet look who came out on top. It was a cheap win, but it was a win. Ortiz is an amateur that needed to learn you never put your guard down against a dirty opponent. He learned that. It's his own goddamn fault.

I think they both deserved to lose.

Ortiz, a good boxer, but spent to much time apologizing.
    Mayweather is just scared to fight pacman, thats why he keeps fightin the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscerous View Post
    Time was in. Nothing wrong with the punch. Ortiz was getting dominated as it was, and had only one a single round on one of the three scorecards. With the point deduction the fight was a round or two from being impossible to win for Ortiz.
    Pretty much, Ortiz was done either way. I don't know why people are so upset about Mayweather he's the one that got a cheap shot against him, and frankly don't blame him one bit even if it was "dirty" Ortiz deserved it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beanburrito View Post
    Disappointed, what a dirty match. Although the headbutt by Ortiz was messed up, Mayweather made himself look like a scumbag with that sucker punch. IMO boxing is really losing its credibility with this kind of shit. Your thoughts?

Mayweather said in an interview: "I'm going to go in there with class and will leave there with class. I don't have to brag, I don't have to boast. I'm going to go in there and execute the game plan." Uh huh....
    Agree

Mayweather is really a scumbag

None of these ~midweight fights are going to be exciting until Mayweather mans the fuck up and agrees to get in the ring with Pacquiao. Pacquiao nor Mayweather have no other real opponents at the moment, all the fights they have is just to make more money.

Deleted
    After the de la Hoya fight i swore I would never watch another Mayweather match again. Although the guy has obvious qualities, he annoys the hell out of me. This morning I thought "why not, let's give it a go" only to be disappointed again. About the KO, Mayweather technically played and won by the rules, but in the end he knocked out a guy with his hands down. Ortiz was still apologizing, he was conscious and there's no way he would have been knocked out in that round if it wasn't for the confusion. Legal or not, it was a cheap shot and that's not the way I'd like to see a championship match going down.

As much as I love Floyd for being the perfect villian since he (easily) backs up his arrogance in the ring, I'm on the fence about this. "Yeah", Ortiz was an idiot for getting frustrated with Floyd on the ropes and copying Balrog's Headbutt move. "Yeah", he should have kept his gloves up at all times in a boxing match. "Yeah", he should have known better than lowering his guard and trusting Floyd. But Floyd capitalizing on another person's naivete was both smart and cheap. I thought he was slightly above that.

:edit:
    Still a little ticked off that I actually paid for that fight, instead of going to a damn sports bar.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2011-09-18 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royaltru View Post
    None of these ~midweight fights are going to be exciting until Mayweather mans the fuck up and agrees to get in the ring with Pacquiao. Pacquiao nor Mayweather have no other real opponents at the moment, all the fights they have is just to make more money.
    It's both pac and freddie roach that are making the fight not happen.
    Last edited by JustaBigBird; 2011-09-18 at 02:42 PM.
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

oh great now, the "scumbags" come here, too. that loser in the white pants got what he deserved. are you all blind? a headbutt is much worse than what the guy in black did afterwards. also, it was his right as the fight started. if someone attempts to knock me out in the ring with his fucking forehead, i would do more to him than that what we saw.

pathetic little prick, that white trousered guy. BOOM in his face, well done.

Firstly i'll say i haven't seen it - but this is based on what i've read about the outcome.

The first thing that people who play sport at any level are told is some variation on the following "you play to the whistle" - if the official hasn't stopped play then the game is on, something Ortiz failed on big time, the fight was live, the referee had admonished them and he was bitching about getting a point off for butting. Mayweather on the other hand knows the basic idea, as far as he was concerned the fight was live & took advantage, see that as a sucker punch if you want, but he saw the opening & took it, the referee wasn't protecting Ortiz, he wasn't being counted, it's ORTIZ who failed to protect himself.

I can understand how people can think it's a cheap shot, but ultimately the fight was live, show me in the rulebook where it says "if your opponents hands are down you must not hit them", so it's a very inaccurate viewpoint.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    Just because you hate him doesn't mean he didn't deserve to win. He outclassed Ortiz just like he is going to outclass Pacquiao. Manny is roided up, even some other pro fighters think so. He didn't just become that good from nowhere. TAKE THE DRUG TEST.

I also hope the censored word you used starts with an F.......

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Just because you hate him doesn't mean he didn't deserve to win. He outclassed Ortiz just like he is going to outclass Pacquiao. Manny is roided up, even some other pro fighters think so. He didn't just become that good from nowhere. TAKE THE DRUG TEST.

I also hope the censored word you used starts with an F.......
    he's agreed to take the test countless times already. mayweather is ducking him just like he does with every other fighter. yea he's 42-0 but how many wins were against the greats while they were in their prime?

Mayweather did deserve the win and after Ortiz tried to viciously headbutt him to gain an advantage I don't think he can complain that Mayweather took him out with a cheap unsporting move. Ortiz was going to lose anyway... he just got spared the prolonged punishment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leprocy View Post
    he's agreed to take the test countless times already. mayweather is ducking him just like he does with every other fighter. yea he's 42-0 but how many wins were against the greats while they were in their prime?
    Pacquio won't take the random bloodtests up until the fight because apparently they will 'weaken' him. What a load of baloney.

Obviously he's drugged up and will start injecting after the tests. I don't see why anyone would refuse random steroid tests if they aren't cheating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ortiz is a bitch, threw a forehead at him, then left his guard down. Mayweather deserved to win this fight hands down. Dirty it may be, but it's boxing if you're gonna cry like a little bitch then you shouldn't be boxing or watching boxing.