Thread: Nef 10 aggro

10+ Year Old Account

Nef 10 aggro

Hi, my raid group seems to be having trouble with aggro on nef 10 normal. since a few weeks somehow the healers take all the aggro from onyxia and nef at the beginning, while our tanks are fully hitting them as usual. We didnt have this problem before, but it became really hard now :/

Is it a bug or has something changed?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing has changed? Make sure your DPS just wait a second or two?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell your healadins to turn their righteous fury off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    nothing has changed? Make sure your DPS just wait a second or two?
    We did, and on top of that i used misdirect on the tank, and the rogue used tricks on the same tank. He just cant pick it up :/
    He done it perfectly few weeks ago though.
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Seems like its the tanks. Did nef on an alt yesterday and nothing like that happend. Should probably telll the tanks to taunt AND do some sort of ranged ability like deadly throw, ice touch, etc.

There was a bug awhile ago with slow fall effects and other effects that reduce damage taken from falling while jumping down to engage this boss. For instance, we had this issue months ago and were wondering WTF was going on, until we had our DK turn off his glyphed Path of Frost on the pull -- instant problem solved. I also heard that levitates/slow falls would cause it. As silly as it sounds, I'd just suggest taking the health hit from the fall damage and not using any of these things and trying again! Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    its not on
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    There is a bug with the nefarian encounter. Sometimes they ignore the aggro table and go for healers/dps who are way below the tank.

At a point onyxia turned and breathed on me (holy paladin) while I had 10k threat and the tank had 167k. And ignore the Butterzz guy because even with righteous fury you can't come close to a dps's threat let alone a tanks.

It's Ony and Nef?
    Make sure the tank is already on the ground before anyone else, including healers, go down.

As for Nef, sounds like the tank isn't attacking him quickly enough. Druid healers get mad threat, but tanks should be making more.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthets View Post
    There is a bug with the nefarian encounter. Sometimes they ignore the aggro table and go for healers/dps who are way below the tank.

At a point onyxia turned and breathed on me (holy paladin) while I had 10k threat and the tank had 167k. And ignore the Butterzz guy because even with righteous fury you can't come close to a dps's threat let alone a tanks.
    Right, it's caused by slowfall/levitate/path of frost effects. Make sure none of those are on and you shouldn't have the issue.

I think your tanks are jumping into the arena too slowly. They should be the first ones to land, with everyone else landing right after (a second or so). Otherwise if the tanks are still too high up and there are people lower, they might go a bit nuts and be confused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItZMuRdA View Post
    Right, it's caused by slowfall/levitate/path of frost effects. Make sure none of those are on and you shouldn't have the issue.
    we didn't use either of those, so no it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthets View Post
    we didn't use either of those, so no it's not.
    Well, perhaps there is another issue, but I'm absolutely certain that there is a bug associated with those abilities. It happened to us awhile back when we were working on Nef25 Heroic, total change in aggro mechanics on the pull. When we looked into it more, there were posts on the official forums confirming that slow fall, levitate, and glyphed path of frost were causing Ony/Nef to disobey normal threat in P1.

I haven't done Nef in months, so maybe there's a different bug that just cropped up recently, but that was most definitely the culprit of a very similar, if not the same bug awhile back.

Deleted
    Did nef10 yday as a paladin tank and noticed this thing, so i kept nuking him for while until he attacked me.... then took him into position.

Deleted
    Well, perhaps there is another issue, but I'm absolutely certain that there is a bug associated with those abilities. It happened to us awhile back when we were working on Nef25 Heroic, total change in aggro mechanics on the pull. When we looked into it more, there were posts on the official forums confirming that slow fall, levitate, and glyphed path of frost were causing Ony/Nef to disobey normal threat in P1.

I haven't done Nef in months, so maybe there's a different bug that just cropped up recently, but that was most definitely the culprit of a very similar, if not the same bug awhile back.
    Haven't killed nef since may or so, so it's not a new thing either. Idk what caused it for us but it is the same exact thing we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    i lold

10charcansuckit

There was a bug awhile ago with slow fall effects and other effects that reduce damage taken from falling while jumping down to engage this boss. For instance, we had this issue months ago and were wondering WTF was going on, until we had our DK turn off his glyphed Path of Frost on the pull -- instant problem solved. I also heard that levitates/slow falls would cause it. As silly as it sounds, I'd just suggest taking the health hit from the fall damage and not using any of these things and trying again! Good luck!
    This^ We had the same issues with Ony running all over the place, made placement a nightmare. Once we had everyone just free fall - no more problems. Highly likely this is the issue here.

Had this issue in a pug. Solved it by telling all healers and dps to get off the platform asap when we first jump down. Ony ate our resto Druid a few times before we figured it out.

Isn't this the glitch caused by a Death Knight using Path of Frost?