Case and PSU questions

Okay my recent setup I want to build has this for components:

CPU:Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

GPU:MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Mobos:ASUS P8Z68-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Cooler:COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7

PSU:CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 (CMPSU-650HX) 650W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Two questions:
    1) I'm looking for a case that is in the sub $150 price point but I'm willing to go up to $200 tho. I want the case to be small as possible but be able to fit all my components with decent cable management. The case doesn't need to be overly cool looking but it needs to look cool, if any led it needs to be blue. I'm going to be taking the case over to my friends house every so often so I need a sturdy/durable/lighter case and it needs to fit a 2.5 inch ssd without having to buy any outside mods.

The storm scout case looked about perfect but I read somewhere that it wont fit my gpu thus is a bit small.
    I was looking at this case LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 Black 0.8 mm SECC, Plastic + Mesh ATX Mid Tower Computer Case but the reviews said it was a little on the flimsy side of things and I don't want to break it taking it over to my friends house.
    SO any suggestions on a case?

2) Is the size of my psu okay for my build? The psu calculating sites say its like the perfect size but most people I see have a 750 watt with this setup/

You've not mentioned RAM or HDD. Hope you didn't forget them. It's also a standard ATX motherboard.

1) I would not ever recommend the Storm Scout case. It looks nice on the outside, but is apparently a real hassle to work with. That's even if the card could fit.

Personally, I'd recommend any of these...
    NZXT Lexa S or Tempest Evo
    Coolermaster CM 690 II or HAF 912 (latter has red LED which can be disabled)
    Fractal Design Define R3 or Arc

The Lanboy Air can be purchased in blue and black color, but I'm so thoroughly skeptical to the hard-drive mounting that I don't dare recommend the case to anyone intending to move the computer a lot. That's about the only serious bad side to it though to be fair...

2) Your choice of powersupply is fine. A full non-SLI/Crossfire build tends to eat less than 500w even under load.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-09-18 at 06:48 PM.

1) That PSU will be fine.

2) Not so sure on the case, as style is a personal taste thing, but you can get a "harness" pretty cheap that makes moving around a case easy. This way you don't need to sacrifice case size for ease of transportation. Plus the harnesses have places for things like the keyboard and mouse, making transporting it all the easier. On mine I just took off the shoulder strap thing and use it as a handle.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/4294/han...amp;id=ZXiIaWSu

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    You've not mentioned RAM or HDD. Hope you didn't forget them. It's also a standard ATX motherboard.
    I didn't I just felt that they were not important in this decision thus did not include them.

Quote Originally Posted by steelblue View Post
    I didn't I just felt that they were not important in this decision thus did not include them.
    Just doublechecking really. Sorry for bothering about that.

Just doublechecking really. Sorry for bothering about that.
    No prob =)

I'll also recommend Storm Sniper. Forgot about it.

Review: http://www.3dgameman.com/reviews/103...rm-sniper-case
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-09-18 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Sorry, Skelly!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll also recommend Storm Scout. Forgot about it.

You had me really confused for a minute.. But yes, the Storm Sniper is a great mid-tower.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Oops! My bad. I mixed up there thinking one thing and automatically writing another instead. :P

I'll also recommend Storm Sniper. Forgot about it.

I'm confused. What the difference from this and the coolermaster 922?