Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    It's not just the case though. Add graphics card and motherboard into the mix and it's an extremely glaring fan. It's a bit like leaving a carcass to rot in the cafeteria.
    Meh, that is solved by spoons.

I love the design, I'm very confused by how people cannot. But I accept on the premise that everyones taste is different. I still won't buy them, on accound of their noiselevel.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Do you care for noise at all? If so, ignore Nexus, Fractal Design, Noctua and Scythes Gentle Typhoon series (whom are all good for silence though).

Scythe Slip Stream 120mm, 1900RPM, 110CFM -or- SilverStone SST-AP121 Air Penetrator 120mm, 1500RPM, 35CFM.
    The Air Penetrators look as though they have worse cooling, but their airflow is totally different than most other fans, as it's directed, meaning all the CFM heads in a direction that's beneficial. The AirPenetrators also come in 140mm and 180mm.
    The big drawback of the Air Penetrators are that they are LED-fans, so you pay extra for them. And shining fans are just so... Boy, 14.What. They are pretty D:
    Sometimes I can't tell if my PC is on or not when the monitor is turned off because it makes no noise at all (literally no noise at all!). I wouldn't mind some noise if the case looks great.

---------- Post added 2011-09-20 at 04:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post

Yuck.
    Agreed. They don't look so great in a black case like mine.

Yeah maybe if you have a Noctua heatsink but I think mine is way better. Cooler Master V10.

I wish they were all white. I think that would look pretty cool in my case. My PC is still a work in project because I haven't modded it yet. Right now it's very "stockish" looking.

What do you guys think? This is what I will be doing soon:

Sleeving all the cables with MDPC-X sleeve
    I will be adding back plates on my video cards from EK store
    Adding all new fans (This thread is to find the perfect fans ^________^)
    Adding lights to the inside for cool decoration

Let me know ! I appreciate everyone's opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Tavros87 View Post
    Sometimes I can't tell if my PC is on or not when the monitor is turned off because it makes no noise at all (literally no noise at all!). I wouldn't mind some noise if the case looks great.
    You're using reference-coolers on your GTX580s. You have never played a game with them, I take it. Because they sure aren't quiet. You need to come listen to mine before you say so.

Agreed. They don't look so great in a black case like mine.
    Your opinion is moot, because you have the ugliest case on the market.

Yeah maybe if you have a Noctua heatsink but I think mine is way better. Cooler Master V10.
    But the V10 is from CoolerMaster (yuck), is big and creeps over your components like a bug (yuck) and its performance is less than the Noctua NH-D14. But your cooler is way better at being ugly, I'll give you that. :P
    http://imgur.com/a/fgJH2 Which looks great (pre-cleaning photos), esp in a black case.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So since he has an 'ugly' case his opinion on Noctua's ugly as shit fans is moot. Makes sense.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    So since he has an 'ugly' case his opinion on Noctua's ugly as shit fans is moot. Makes sense.
    Yup. As much sense as to think the Noctua-fans look like shit.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. As much sense as to think the Noctua-fans look like shit.
    They're creamish and brown. Hardly visually appealing to the masses. If you think so, paint your case that color. I don't tend to care about colors too much because in most cases you may not really see most of them. I mean, a lot of people 'hate' the color scheme of MSI boards, but I never see mine since it's in my case even if it is the ARMOR case and is mostly mesh, and is sitting on the floor, not at eye level or anything. Performance wise, they're good solid fans, but we're not really talking about performance here are we?
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Performance wise, they're good solid fans, but we're not really talking about performance here are we?
    They are decent for their noise-level. There are silent fans out there that are competetive/better, and there are performance-fans out there whom are more than twice as good, but not near as silent.
    So they are decent if you want a mix of both, but not truly there if you want performance.

Yup. As I said before. My PC is still a work in progress. I will be replacing the V10 for a liquid set up.
    I do play some games (Starcraft II, Shogun 2, Grand IV with a mod that burns some peoples gpu's ^^, LA Noir) all in Max settings and don't hear my fans even then. Yeah the case is kinda ugly but that's why I'm Modding it. Thinking about switching to liquid.

Could PC run quiet because everything is in my SSD?

---------- Post added 2011-09-20 at 03:46 PM ----------

You're using reference-coolers on your GTX580s. You have never played a game with them, I take it. Because they sure aren't quiet. You need to come listen to mine before you say so.

But the V10 is from CoolerMaster (yuck), is big and creeps over your components like a bug (yuck) and its performance is less than the Noctua NH-D14. But your cooler is way better at being ugly, I'll give you that. :P
    http://imgur.com/a/fgJH2 Which looks great (pre-cleaning photos), esp in a black case.
    Yup. Everything is stock. Any after market cooling for the gpu's that you would recommended?
    Last edited by Tavros87; 2011-09-20 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post

Yuck.
    *shiver* It's good but... fugly.

You have GTX 580? and it runs hard for your games? ... GTX 580s have a very good stock cooling system that is very silent maybe something is wrong with yours. V10>Noctua. My case is not the ugliest case in the market. Yeah it might be rugged but ugliest? doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    V10>Noctua.
    No, but they're close.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Their color schemes resemble a "good ol' dusty and yellowing technology" color scheme which is completely out of place with today's cases which look sleek, aggressive, elegant of flashy

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time i look at that Noctua fan i think of

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will agree with tetrisgoat on the HAF 932 being super ugly, I don't know how CM could design something like that, but out of all the HAFs.... it definitely takes the cake on ugliest.

Stock NVidia cooling solutions are bad and loud, end of story. Try putting your two 580s up against tetrisgoat's (Asus DirectCUII) or someone who has the Twin Frozr II edition... or Synthaxx's water-cooled ones, you will notice a huge difference. Hell even if I turn my Twin Frozr II 560 Ti fans up to 100%, they are still fairly quiet, bigger fans (120mm as I believe they are = quieter).

No, the CM V10 does not beat the Noctua NH-D14 at practically anything, maybe looks, but honestly, with how difficult it is to install that I hear, how big it is, and I believe it forcing you to have low profile RAM.... it loses this battle, period. Get different fans for the Noctua, bam, Noctua wins even more.

Running all your main programs off an SSD (I suggest something in the 120-128GB to maybe 256GB) is certainly quieter than running them off an HDD, trust me on that.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll help tetris in the argument against Noctua fans!

Personally, I think the colors are pretty awesome, and the performance of them is pretty great for the sound they put out. (Which is very, very little)

I'm probably going to be getting 2 to replace my 200mm fan on the top of my 922, maybe even a third one for the back of the case for exhaust. I never see the inside of my computer, nor do I even really see the side of it. But I love the NH-D14 and the Noctua fan color scheme as much as tetris does. There was a thread a while back where we went back and forth on it for a while.

The only real downside to the Noctua fans is that they cost a boatload of cash....but with the awesome color scheme, easy installation rubber mounting pegs that further reduce sound and the performance of the actual fans....it's worth it.

I've had no problem with Cooler Master Fans, Bright Lights and Quiet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    It's not just the case though. Add graphics card and motherboard into the mix and it's an extremely glaring fan. It's a bit like leaving a carcass to rot in the cafeteria.
    Tbh, I thought the same before, but when I got my noctua fans and installed them, I started to love them. They do look like shit before you've actually got to try em out, besides, they are absolutely awesome

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, most recommands Noctua and such, but I only have good experiences with my Coolermaster fans. They move A LOT of air, and are barely hearable.

And many recommand low RPM fans, but that is only what you got, not what you can get. I recommand higher RPM fans for more air.

http://www.proshop.dk/Koeling-og-Bla...D-2257375.html

You can say that I am wrong, I am not an expert at this area, but I was impressed with the amount of air the Cooler Master fans could move.

You have GTX 580? and it runs hard for your games? ... GTX 580s have a very good stock cooling system that is very silent maybe something is wrong with yours.
    I'm not sure you understand the term silent, because I doubt you have a silent comparison to take note to. If you think loud equates to "Radeon HD4800"-series loud, then no. Loud is when a GPU-fan goes to 30% spin-speed and above, more like it. :P
    When I say loud, I mean about the same noiselevel where you actually notice your computer is running. That's too loud for me.

And the V10 isn't greater than the whole Noctua-company. That's just silly to suggest. It's not even better than their one flagship, the NH-D14. Especially when you press hard overclocks. I'm creeping up to 4.4GHz now, but I need a ton of vCore to do so. I don't think it'd be as stable with the V10, the heat would fail the overclock. (Not that I'm stable yet either way)

---------- Post added 2011-09-21 at 12:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gnious View Post
    Well, most recommands Noctua and such, but I only have good experiences with my Coolermaster fans. They move A LOT of air, and are barely hearable.

And many recommand low RPM fans, but that is only what you got, not what you can get. I recommand higher RPM fans for more air.

http://www.proshop.dk/Koeling-og-Bla...D-2257375.html

You can say that I am wrong, I am not an expert at this area, but I was impressed with the amount of air the Cooler Master fans could move.
    I can get behind the idea of Coolermaster-fans moving a lot of air. But quiet? No. Those? No. Also, they are LED. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, the plus the Sickle series is a "Long Life Sleeve" fan. Sleeve fans still don't have anywhere near the life normal bearing fans do. Especially at 2k RPM.

And I've heard people I know say to look into different fans other than the Sickleflow series because once it does hit 2k RPM, it begins to vibrate in an odd manner. Making the noise it produces double.
    Intel i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz 1.36v | Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Rev 3) | MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III
    Corsair AX 850W PSU | Mushkin Blackline 8GB 8-8-8-24 1.5v | Coolermaster HAF 922 | ASUS VH238H 23" LED Monitor
    Crucial m4 256GB SSD