Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    Rogues aren't the least played class. Tanks don't need a legendary, as they've had a potential of four usable ones. Thunderfury, Thoridal, Shadowmourne, and a Glaive.
    Besides Thundefury, none of those was extremely good for Tanks. Shadowmourne was a dps axe, no matter how much you cry. The Mainhand Warglaive was a slow weapon, horrible for tanks back in BC. Warriors didn't got any good boost from Thoridal.

Deleted
    I think, that point about itemization what Ghostcrawler said is quite true. Not every tank use the same items in hands (cause Legendary are only weapons kk) - Warriors and Paladin use one hand and shield. DK's - two-hand. And feral dru's - staff or polearm, (which is hidden in bear form, lol). Blizzard should from the very beginning create Legendaries for one class only, so there won't be the problem we have now - rogues and warriors who can get and use almost all Legendaries in game.

But I can't aggre with the idea of giving the 4.3 Legendary to rogues. They just don't deserve it. Problem with small dps should be repaired by balance, not giving 0,01% of rogues a Legendary to boost their dps by 10k, because Legendary shouldn't be balanced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    No, they don't.
    We have a DK tank and he's awesome. I love dem self heals.

Edit: Wrong quote, it's the one this guy was replying to
    Last edited by mmocc372c47928; 2011-09-19 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Wrong quote

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerboots View Post
    We have a DK tank and he's awesome. I love dem self heals.

Edit: Wrong quote, it's the one this guy was replying to

DK tanks are awesome maybe in normal modes, I swear they feel like sponges compared to warriors, paladins and ferals in HM's. Coming from a guy who healed a dk tank for a while in FL.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imtor/advanced

Grimtor - Protection warrior - The maelstrom EU.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Enhancement shamans could use Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros back in vanilla when they were amazing with two handed weapons.
    Alliance ENH shamans did not exist in vanilla. Since my class has been made available (in BC), there has not been a single ENH useable legendary. This is like bringing up that DKs can use Thunderfury. I'm not saying they had to make this one useable by us, but the fact that this is the "AGI legendary" means it will likely be another few years before I see even my first. It's one thing to say that since I've been playing there hasn't been one. That means very little because it's subjective. It's another to say there honestly hasn't been one since my class has become playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    Besides Thundefury, none of those was extremely good for Tanks. Shadowmourne was a dps axe, no matter how much you cry. The Mainhand Warglaive was a slow weapon, horrible for tanks back in BC. Warriors didn't got any good boost from Thoridal.
    I saw plenty of death knights tanking with shadowmourne, sorry to burst your bubble. Thoridal, regardless, was a tanking viable weapon. Just because a weapon is better suited to other options, does not mean it's not capable of being used for tanking.

Druids and shaman have also had multiple legendaries (Atiesh, Valanyr, Tarecgosa) to play with. Sorry ferals and enhance, your class has had options and you chose not to take it. (I play a feral druid.)

We used a bear tank to kill heroic rag 25. Anyway, besides the point replying to some moron.

I think most people in this thread are just going to miss what I'm saying but, people should stop getting upset about legendaries. You don't "deserve" anything. This is their game, and if they feel like a rogue dagger fits the story and flows better than another item, then they can go ahead and do that because it's their game. I wish people would stop feeling entitled to something that isn't theirs.

I do think the legendary should have been a tanking item though, personally. But I'm not going to dwell on it and state ridiculous things like "you dont deserve this, you dont deserve that". Silliness, and people should stop being silly and just play. At the end of the day, having a legendary or not doesn't change your ability to enjoy the game. If it does, then you care too much about gear and shiny things. In which case I'd suggest you go collect achievement points, or quit. Whichever.
    Last edited by Kakera; 2011-09-19 at 10:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    So one guild uses a bear. Name another one.
    Blood Legion.

Comparing specs to classes WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Blood Legion.
    So, TWO guilds in the top twenty? I stand by what I said. MOST progression guilds have benched their DK and Bear tanks.

90% qualifies as most last time I checked.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    >Tanks didnt earn the legendary?
    Well, what was it that you (as a tank) personally did to earn the legendary for all the tanks? ("played as a tank" doesn't count)

10+ Year Old Account
    So, TWO guilds in the top twenty? I stand by what I said. MOST progression guilds have benched their DK and Bear tanks.

You asked for another, I gave you another. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is something like the smallest problem ever in WoW. How can people whine about it? Incredible.

So according to Blizz cos tanking weps cant be used by all tanks then it wont be an option? Awesome lol.

Personally I dont understand a legendary thats suitable for 1 class. Especially when Rogues have had Thunderfury and the Glaives in the past. Its not a huge deal but I think there is way to much BS coming out of Ghostcrawlers mouth.

Just do away with legendaries as all it they do is unbalance the game for a short while anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Tanks had Thunderfury. Although rogues were seen using this weapon it had an extreme amount of threat build up until it was nerfed in BC. The threat came from its proc that it had.
    And it used to be a Main hand weapon, 1.90 speed isn't really great for a MH either.

Like people mentioned a tank weapon is hard to balance since you need 3 different things. Pala and warrior can share a shield for example but DK's need a str 2 hander and druids need an agi 2 hander. Making it something like a ring would just be really boring. :/

Deleted
    Rogues aren't the least played class. Tanks don't need a legendary, as they've had a potential of four usable ones. Thunderfury, Thoridal, Shadowmourne, and a Glaive.
    All tanks are warriors.

I don't mind not getting a tanking legendary but I do hate the bullshit explanation they give for not giving us one.

This is something like the smallest problem ever in WoW. How can people whine about it? Incredible.
    You under-estimate the wow community sir.

I saw plenty of death knights tanking with shadowmourne, sorry to burst your bubble. Thoridal, regardless, was a tanking viable weapon. Just because a weapon is better suited to other options, does not mean it's not capable of being used for tanking.

Druids and shaman have also had multiple legendaries (Atiesh, Valanyr, Tarecgosa) to play with. Sorry ferals and enhance, your class has had options and you chose not to take it. (I play a feral druid.)
    Okay, comparatively speaking, you're saying 1 class deserves a legendary because four other classes collectively had more legendaries? No, you should compare the one class to all 4 class roles (tank) and then tell me that they're somehow even. Even better, and more appropriately, compare the classes 1 BY 1 and tell me rogues NEED this legendary. Rogues have had PLENTY, especially since they're supposed to dps, so that takes away the whole "well I can use it with a spec I don't want" crap. Rogues are honestly best fitted in the game right now with legendaries.

And also, if they can make it a weapon so combat can use it well, why not also give it to enh and make it cool for them to use a dagger?
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Deleted
    Tanks done need legendarys, tanks need some gear that isnt based around useless stats such as expertise and hit. Im sick of finding armour with high ilvl only to find its heavy on expertise. Reason why i still think the 365 elemental bond quest cloak is better then the friendly avengers of hyjal one. While it would be nice to have one, its slightly pathetic to moan and cry about it.

And chances are, even if they made a legendary tank weapon, most of you wouldn't be able to get it anyway, just a fact of life and since they already nerfed the dragonwrath staff drops, chances are the rogue dagger is going to be very, very hard to get.

TL;DR Stop moaning, you wont get it even if it was a tank legendary anyway

http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/...ting.tier12_10

We use a bear tank ^^