Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    The problem is they get destroyed by ranged DPS. If you want to pray they have little-to-no ranged DPS, then be my guest. Maybe you'll be lucky and get all-melee DPS compositions? I wouldn't chance it, though.
    That was the point behind my post to find out if it was doable/viable to use a protadin these days since I haven't done anything on my pala in BG's for a while. Only been in there as lock and resto and have never thought about it.
    The answer to my question have been answered well enough already, so I might take a look at doing more with my warrior now if I wanna do something else then lock or resto

10+ Year Old Account
    Retribution can be pretty boss in RBGs. Definitely better than Prot.

zcks: Ferals can't shift out of snares anymore and the run speed is 130% total in cat form. >_> Travel form is another thing, though.
    They cannot shift out of roots, they can shift out of snares.

Also the run speed boost from talents is +30%, they get an additional 15% from pvp gear however totaling +45% meaning they can easily outrun most enemies & avoid most slows. (the only CC that really stops them is fears, stuns & roots since they are also polymorph immune).
    Last edited by zcks; 2011-09-21 at 03:09 PM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    The runspeed only works in catform. Getting stunned in catform = dead feral if the team is remotely coordinated.

Bloods have good self healing (if not stunned / disarmed) and great utility in a ranged silence + ranged slow. Their short cooldowns are impressive, but their lack of mobility makes them less desirable than Prot Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by palladish View Post
    Lol? who brings a tank to rbgs now days anyway lol, beginners maybe
    Please link your RBG team. Thank you lol?

war>dk>drood>paly

i cant understand why people still discuss about that post man
    the only spec that is viable in pvp is holy and i hate boring like hell
    so paladins are doomed to be suck babes in this xpac and there is no fucking light for that class in 4,3 so give a shit to wow till next xpac
    and ppl who thinks retr is boss in rbgs lies why because no clever rbgs leader gets a so fucking useless class and waste a real pvp class space
    and all god dman community cries about OPness of paladins yeah couple of patch may be wgat about other fucking FroOPstROGFERaDKs class especially
    6 years skill cap fucking f mages man i hate them so tbh and coward rogues and OP feral who kill you with bleed dmg
    so yeah get holy=profit get retri=lose the more retri or protect in your bg team the more lose i felt in many cases like that so stoped and waititng for next xpac
    who gives a fuck deathcrap and remaded bosses
    good day

Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    They cannot shift out of roots, they can shift out of snares.

Also the run speed boost from talents is +30%, they get an additional 15% from pvp gear however totaling +45% meaning they can easily outrun most enemies & avoid most slows. (the only CC that really stops them is fears, stuns & roots since they are also polymorph immune).
    I thought snares were roots. Isn't it that they can shift out of slows, but not snares/roots? Or are snares considered slows?

Wait, they get a constant +45% in cat form?! WTF?! *feels the slap in the face to rets everywhere* Ouch, Blizzard. Ouch.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've had that since Vanilla.

Snares = Slows.
    Roots = Immobilised in place

E.g. Hamstring/Crippling Poison vs Entangling Roots/Frost Nova

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought snares were roots. Isn't it that they can shift out of slows, but not snares/roots? Or are snares considered slows?

Wait, they get a constant +45% in cat form?! WTF?! *feels the slap in the face to rets everywhere* Ouch, Blizzard. Ouch.
    Ya snares are considered slowing effects like http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/120/cone-of-cold/ they don't stop you completely but will slow you down, roots are abilities which actually root you in place with no movement at all like http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/339/entangling-roots/ & http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/339/entangling-roots/ (don't think there are any more other then a couple talented ones)

So in the end druids actually have pretty good mobility with the +45% constant run speed boost, feral charge, infected wounds, pounce & the ability to remove all snares on you at once with a single button press. They just aren't as good as warriors mobility wise & don't have the survivability of death knights but hey their leaps & bounds ahead of paladins tank wise & dps wise in pvp.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.