Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    I've never seen anyone say they wanted everything simply because they pay a fee for the game. I've seen many many people say they wanted one thing (usually it's gear or content, or possibly mounts) but never seen anyone claim that it entitles them to absolutely everything in the game. What you're seeing is people encountering restrictions that were previously not in place, and reacting by complaining. Complaining about a service you pay for, in an attempt to get what you really meant to pay for, is reasonable.
    Lol, do you ever read the forums on this or any other fan website?

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    They should have to work for it. Have you used the LFD? Do you think the VP you get at the end are a gift? Or a reward for putting up with the pants on head retards you just miraculously killed the end boss with? I don't understand what the problem here is really. I know that other people having the gear you have hurts some people's e-peen, but even that term was a joke from the beginning: you have a peen or not, depending on birth, but you don't have an e-peen, so nobody can hurt it.

Stop acting like someone else having fun in a game prevents you from having fun in a game.
    I'm not completely sure what you're trying to get at with this. But if fun for those people is getting gear... then they know how to obtain it, but people can still get some of the best gear with simple heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    We all pay the same amount of money for a game of lore and loot. Every player should be entitled to see the raid for the lore, and get a chance at getting at least SOME of the loot available, otherwise it's not worth your while paying the monthly fee to play, it's just a game of sitting in org/sw afk'ing while you alt tab to your browser to read stuff.
    Entitled? No.

Deleted
    We all pay the same amount of money for a game of lore and loot. Every player should be entitled to see the raid for the lore, and get a chance at getting at least SOME of the loot available, otherwise it's not worth your while paying the monthly fee to play, it's just a game of sitting in org/sw afk'ing while you alt tab to your browser to read stuff.
    this attitude has really weakened the gameplay in my opinion, before if you wanted to raid you had really level your toon, weapon skills, normal dungeons heroic dungeons, going around scraping together a set before you could even try a raid boss, It meant that the time you put in was more rewarding as you progressed your character, nowadays i can literally have a toon ready for firelands the same day i reach 85, we have people in my guild that have reached 85 in the last few weeks, grinded zandalaris then cleared FL in our alt run on the friday, and that just wasnt possible before, you had to go around doing previous tiers for loot and doing dailies and questing to get what you need
    I think this attitude of allowing players who invest very little the same as people who play alot is actually bad for blizzard, i know loads of people who will clear the new tier do a few heroic raid bosses then cancel sub and wait till the next expansion, safe in the knowledge that the heroic gear from the hc raid bosses wont give that much of an advantage as they can just return and but almost a full set for beter gear for VP come the next patch,

I came in 18th in the olympics.. wheres my friggin award? I PAYED FOR THE FLIGHT THERE GD!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What a pointless topic. You are just as bad as the people you complain about.

-Bringing "work" into a game = fail
    -Nobody who does NOT raid gets the same gear as a raider. FACT!!!!! (unless I missed the fact where valor points buy heroic gear or T13 shoulders, helms, wands or many other items that are EXCLUSIVE to raid boss drops.
    -People complain about the odd additional gear for Valors that even can COMPLEMENT raiders gear who are unlucky with drops.

You totally skew facts .... just pathetic.
    Fantastic job with picking 1 word out of an entire topic. Would you mind if I change the word "work" to "earn"? It will still get my point across.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I pay £9 a month, that's more. My demands and complaints are worth more.
    This just won the internet for the day

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leapers View Post
    I have a membership with a gym that I pay $30 a month... and I don't ever see people go up to the trainers or workers saying, "Hey! I pay you every month to use your services! I should be as fit and buff as the guy over there who works out for hours every week!"
    I love it. This is the best.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well, the dungeons will be empty anyway... why run heroics and those zandalari thingies anymore? (well I haven't yet, but cant see why anyone would after patch)
    Well, they never said there would not be tier comparable gear from valor. It was just stated T13 would not be received with valor. Perhaps they will add some comparable gear like they have in past.
    I love you forever and ever and then some times two

Why do SO many people try to use this as a reason to why they should have everything and anything they want in the game?

I'm mainly talking about the 4.3 section where people will no longer be able to purchase tier 13.

I have a membership with a gym that I pay $30 a month... and I don't ever see people go up to the trainers or workers saying, "Hey! I pay you every month to use your services! I should be as fit and buff as the guy over there who works out for hours every week!"

If you guys want all the gear you can get, why shouldn't you have to work for it too? Because you pay $15 a month?

The new raid content has 8 bosses, 1 of which will ONLY have weapons. So that leaves 7 bosses for 5 pieces of tier... Seems reasonable to me, and I'm a very casual player who raids 1 day a week.

Plus, I'm sure BH will still have tier.

/endQQ
    For starters by removing Tier Gear they will be essentially making the dungeons very undesirable to run. What would be the point of running dungeons now? You need 6050 less VP per spec. Which in the current model is 6 weeks less of running dungeons. Not everyone can play as much as everyone, or have the appropriate schedule or can get together enough people. Yet they shouldn't be fully excluded from everything.

Everyone pays the same amount so everyone should be allowed the same opportunities. Looking For Raid I seriously doubt will have the opportunity to obtain any tier gear which is what some people have to rely on for certain reasons. If the change stays and goes through then Blizzard just effectively made it so I have no real point in running dungeons anymore. Should I could upgrade my gear to 365 (or whatever it is) and get it up to 395 (or whatever VP offers), but why waste the effort for so very few pieces? Not like it's going to allow me to steamroll the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Hence why the LFR system is being implemented. Furthermore, there is a set of gear from the heroic 5 mans for you to use.

That said, the $15 a month thing is paying for the opportunity to see the content/get the gear. If you don't take the opportunity... Well, that's not really anyone's fault but your own. Whether you have a valid reason or not is irrelevant.

Just to clarify, I completely understand the 'full time job/family commitments' argument for not being able to raid. That's exactly where I am right now. But it's still irrelevant to the point of getting gear/seeing the content. You pay for the opportunity, not the priviledge. If you don't take the opportunity, you only have yourself to blame.
    Except, people like you fail to understand exactly what those reasons are. Everyone pays for the exact same content and everyone should be able to see it. Not everyone has the opportunity. I'm not referring to the work/other commitment people. Some people are on barren wasted server's with very few people to actually do anything with. Is this the player's fault or Blizzard's since they refuse to merge and show signs of people leaving. Sure someone could server transfer and pay $25 more, but then it gets into well I payed more so I should definitely be able to see the content.

Here's my next question. If little Johnny is able to buy every piece of gear off the Valor Point vendor exactly how does this hurt your gameplay? The answer is it doesn't. You and many other people need to stop thinking that what other people get affects you all the time. For all I care they can put every single piece of gear on the VP vendor and it wouldn't affect my gameplay one bit. Because it can be turned out and asked just because you pay $15 a month why do you think you are entitled to things that others aren't?

Deleted
    WoW got ~10 Million Subcribers?
    so thats not 15 bucks only, its 150 Million a MONTH (without Mechandise, Pay Services, Vanity Stuff etc)...

The Monthly Fee was originally ment to pay for the ongoing Support, Servers, Payrolls etc...
    but how much does that really cost Blizzard each Month ? 20 Million? 50 Million?
    That still leaves a whooping 100 Million Profit each Month.

Now lets take a look on how much Games really cost:

1.) GTA4 -- 100 Million
    2.) Too Human -- 80 Million
    3.) Shenmue -- 70 Million
    4.) Metal Gear Solid 4 -- 70 Million
    5.) Halo 3 -- 60 Million
    6.) Gran Turismo 5 -- 60 Million
    7.) Modern Warfare II -- 50 Million
    8.) Tom Clancy MMO -- 50 Million
    9.) Final Fantasy IX -- 40 Million
    10.) Killzone II -- 40 Million

those are the Numbers i found on the Web right away.
    SO basicly, Blizzard could produce 1 new Game Titel each Month with all the Profit (its unrealistic i know, but they got the Cash for it).

And what do WE actually see from all the Cash?

Each Expansion costs Money.
    Server Transfers cost Money.
    Racial/Class Changes cost Money.
    Vanity Pets cost Money.
    Vanity Mounts cost Money.
    Fuck, you even have to pay for a friggen Name Change.

Did they ever lower the Monthly Subscribtion Fee with the huge Customer Boom? No they didnt.
    Saying perhaps, hey we hit 10 Million Customers... we lower the Fee on 5$ a Month as a sign of gratitude to our loyal Customers?

Thats how i see Blizzard.
    Last edited by mmoc204baefcb8; 2011-09-19 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, do you ever read the forums on this or any other fan website?
    Indeed I have. And I've never seen anyone say "I pay (whatever) and that means I can get whatever I want" as opposed to what we have here: someone saying "I pay (whatever) and I should get this one thing that is my main focus in this game." If you have evidence of other from here or the WoW forums, kindly linky so I can /lol at them. People ask for one thing at a time, particularly when you're taking it away from them, as in this case.

I'm not completely sure what you're trying to get at with this. But if fun for those people is getting gear... then they know how to obtain it, but people can still get some of the best gear with simple heroics.
    Again, you're partially right. But not completely enough, and that leaves room for what people are complaining about. They do know how to get what they want. And they were doing it before. For years before I might add. But now that way is being changed. And you want people to shut up and not react to getting less out of what they're doing? Look at the recent issues Netflix has had: they doubled their price, added nothing, lost 1Million customers, and today apologized for it. Any time you add price, you have to add value. Any time you reduce value, you should reduce price. If you try to increase price or reduce value without compensating the other side, you open yourself up for valid complaints.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I got the game during Vanilla after tier 2 had already been released. My younger brother and a coworker both randomly started telling me about the game at the same time (they didn't know each other). I asked them how the game works, and they told me that it takes a while to level, but you basically get to level 60 and then you work on getting into these instances with 39 other people and you work on killing bosses that all have different mechanics. You can also enter battlegrounds and fight against other players.

So I went over to my coworkers house and watched him down Nefarian in Blackwing Lair. It was at that time I decided that it seemed like a fun experience: leveling a character and then playing with people to down challenging bosses.

I guess my question is, if people have problems raiding, wiping, and learning content with a group of people that totals more than 5, why exactly did they buy the game? I just don't believe people bought Cataclysm and leveled to 85 with the purpose of running ZA/ZG over and over for 3 pieces of tier gear. The main end game goal has always been raiding (not to offend PvPers). To say one should be rewarded with gear that is meant to assist in the end game content, without ever doing the end game content, seems off to me.

4.3 will bring a brand new raid system that allows people to experience the content/lore while learning mechanics, getting better at their rotation, feeling more comfortable in the raid atmosphere, and they can run it over and over without a lockout.

These new changes do nothing but encourage players to seek out content they otherwise wouldn't see. So unless you're content running 2 dungeons over and over and over again, I don't see what the problem is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I pay £9 a month, that's more. My demands and complaints are worth more.
    Edit 1: Woops, British pound, not Euro :|

Edit 2: Actually 9 GBP is still only 14.04 USD. (Fluctuating)

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?Amount=9&From=GBP&To=USD

Also Knoppers... You're ignoring the fact Activision is the parent company. Profitability is the name of the game for them... at any cost.

Q2 Financial report
    http://investor.activision.com/secfi...296&CIK=718877

Trimester net income of approx 335 M /Semester net income of 838 M (increase of almost 33% from 2010 for trimester, 25% increase from 2010 for semester)

yearly balance of 1,300 some M on Dec 31st 2010. Let's buy Yachts together and sail the waters we own.
    Last edited by EventHorizon; 2011-09-19 at 07:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
    Also Knoppers... You're ignoring the fact Activision is the parent company. Profitability is the name of the game for them... at any cost.

I also doubt microsoft would lower the cost of new OS`s or Office suites or Dell would lower the cost of computers simply because they ''sold enough''.
    Activision Blizzard is up and running since Mid 2008, the Game was already ~4 Years old by then.

And other Companys switch to Free2Play Models without the income Blizzard has.
    /em wonders how they manage ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    SO basicly, Blizzard could produce 1 new Game Titel each Month with all the Profit
    You're only looking at Income. You consider that Profit. It's not. There's also Expenses. And that makes it

Income - Expenses = Profit

Profit = Far less than your numbers.

FAR less....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    You're only looking at Income. You consider that Profit. It's not. There's also Expenses. And that makes it

Income - Expenses = Profit

Profit = Far less than your numbers.

FAR less....
    Net income is profit though (relatively)

Activision Blizzard is up and running since Mid 2008, the Game was already ~4 Years old by then.

And other Companys switch to Free2Play Models without the income Blizzard has.
    /em wonders how they manage ?
    I modified my post when you posted yours. (I read the Q2 financial )

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

1)The Monthly Fee was originally ment to pay for the ongoing Support, Servers, Payrolls etc...

2)Now lets take a look on how much Games really cost:
    SO basicly, Blizzard could produce 1 new Game Titel each Month with all the Profit (its unrealistic i know, but they got the Cash for it).

3)And what do WE actually see from all the Cash?

Thats how i see Blizzard.
    Wow, that's how you see Blizzzard (sigh). If numbered some sentences from your post so you'll know what I'm talking about.

1) The Monthly Fee was originally meant (actually you and I have no idea at all what the fee was "meant for", only guesses), but I will guess that it is designed to pay for such things as ongoing support, server maintenance, marketing, research & development, building maintenance, pensions, health care, vacation days, sick days, taxes, shareholder dividends, capital expenditures, and oh yeah, to make a profit for the employees and owners of Blizzard. That's still allowed right?

2) It takes years to design and program a game, especially new IP, so your argument is not valid. Why don't you go online and look at their financial statements to get a better idea of where their revenue comes from and what their expenses are so you can more accurately comment on the firms profit?

3) If you don't see the value in your $15 per month, don't play the game. I won't go on about what you can spend your time on in WoW (fanboy flames incoming lol) but if your that unhappy, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    I get paid for playing wow .... Youmadbro?
    I thought selling guild dungeons run and auctioning off your gold to rmt sites went out of style with wotlk. Good to see people can pay their rent off WoW still

Ye everyone pays same but does that mean u shouldnt do something for gear? I wouldnt mind if they created some random epics which they get saving up some random points but hell no freaking raiding tiers..... I hope they keep this line.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found my new sig. Thank you very much sir, and I really hope you don't mind if I use it.