Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What are the two cheapest raiding professions for my Shaman.

I am about to hit 85 on my shaman and need two raiding professions for him as he is going to be my main. I don't care what they are but they do need to be quick and cheap to level. I need to be able to buy all the mats off the AH.
    I was thinking Inscription and Alchemy?
    Please help thx.

EDIT: Main spec resto if it makes a difference.

I did Inscription and Leatherworking on mine, probably going to change LWing to JC though.
    But Inscription is beast because it means you don't have to bother with Therazane rep.

Deleted
    It's hard to say without knowing the general price of the different proff mats on AH on your server, I can tell you that you get the same bonus for each (80 of your main stat i beleive) So tbh go with whichever is cheapest, and you should be ok (:

10+ Year Old Account
    inscription is super easy to level if you have a max herber. Just herb a crap ton of whiptail, have an inscriptionist friend turn it into blackfallow ink and you can ink trade to level up inscription. Alchemy would be pretty simple as well.

JC gives 81 to a stat.
    And can also be used for 81 resil bonus if you PvP.

Considering that, I might change my shaman to JC/BSmith just for the extra 161 resil.

Deleted
    Alchemy and Inscription for sure.

Okay I think I'll go inscription but I don't want to have to farm herbs because I don't have a herber and CBF.

Where does alchemy get its +80 stats?

Alchemy is probably the cheapest as well as the quickest, and it's also a pretty good profession at max level...scribe is pretty much just as easy but pretty useless, so I suppose I'd go with those two as far as being the 'easiest' though I would do JC instead of scribe. Leatherworking nowadays is probably the most expensive by about 10,000 percent, the leather is very expensive on most servers. Also, alchemy gains its +80 stats only from flasks...so generally you will only have that bonus while raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Alchemy is probably the cheapest as well as the quickest, and it's also a pretty good profession at max level...scribe is pretty much just as easy but pretty useless, so I suppose I'd go with those two as far as being the 'easiest' though I would do JC instead of scribe. Leatherworking nowadays is probably the most expensive by about 10,000 percent, the leather is very expensive on most servers. Also, alchemy gains its +80 stats only from flasks...so generally you will only have that bonus while raiding.
    Awesome, I already have a leatherworker so Inscription and Alch it is.

herbalism and alchemy. the haste buff is nice + free int trinket . although its pretty poor for mp5 the int is avg i guess.

leatherworking costs a shitload and inscriptions not that bad but definitly more than alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Also, alchemy gains its +80 stats only from flasks...so generally you will only have that bonus while raiding.
    At 500 alchemy you get [Flask of Enhancement], which gives you 80 int/agi/str (whichever is highest). This is reusable and exists to give you your +80 stat bonus when you don't aren't using a regular flask.

What about Blacksmithing because I only need to get it to 400.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alchemy is very simple and while you´re at buying/farming herbs, get inscription up too. Easiest professions to level imo and possibly the cheapest too. While you might do all the quests anyways you don't NEED to bother with the Terazhane quests if you don't quest much. And Alchemy is very handy for crafting your own pots/elixirs/flasks and could net you quite some gold.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Will it be cheaper to get 400 Blacksmith than 525 INS or ALCH?

if ur not in to big rush lvl herbalsim and it will get u to 85 and u can collect what u need to lvl alch/scribe and drop herablism

Quote Originally Posted by Truantxoxo View Post
    Okay I think I'll go inscription but I don't want to have to farm herbs because I don't have a herber and CBF.

Where does alchemy get its +80 stats?
    You get the Flask of Enhancement (Reusable, +80 of your primary stat). You also receive +80 stats from normal flasks, so you will always have +80 raid flasked or not

Mining/Herbalism for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    enchanting and leatherworking tend to be the most expensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by kostamojin View Post
    if ur not in to big rush lvl herbalsim and it will get u to 85 and u can collect what u need to lvl alch/scribe and drop herablism
    I'm not sure I made this clear but I can NOT be bothered to do much work, I just want the quickest, easiest and cheapest way to get two raiding professions.

Quote Originally Posted by gunhound45 View Post
    enchanting and leatherworking tend to be the most expensive
    Tailoring ain't cheap either, worse, its not as simple to get their mats. 600+ silk, 500+ mage weave, the 700+ rune/nether and so on.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath