Trinket comparison: Core of Ripeness vs Perified Pickle Egg

Right, my equipped trinkets are http://www.wowhead.com/item=62050/darkmoon-card-tsunami and http://www.wowhead.com/item=58184/core-of-ripeness and I just looted http://www.wowhead.com/item=71336/petrified-pickled-egg. I can't see the Egg edging out the Tsunami in any way, but can it be a replacement for Core of Ripeness? I'm still a week and a half or so away from the Valor Points trinket.

I don't really have any mana issues in Firelands, except for maybe on Alysrazor (have yet to try Majordomo and Ragnaros as a healer) if some DPS guys messes up and the Restoration Druid is too busy healing the second tank, but maybe that have something to do with the use-effect on Core of Ripeness. I expect even less mana trouble when the nerf hits (obviously).

Probably silly to make a thread about this, but I'm dead tired and ill, so my mind isn't at 100% at the moment.

Thanks!

If your mana is fine then I would say go for the Egg, and just use Ripeness on Alysrazor if your mana isn't fine there. We can't know for sure what is best for you unless we know your stats, but according to your text you can probably use both of them depending on the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
    I'm still a week and a half or so away from the Valor Points trinket.
    Which VP trinket? As far as I remember, there are none.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
    I don't really have any mana issues in Firelands, except for maybe on Alysrazor
    How can you have mana problems in Alystrazor? Remember that you cat get ALL your mana back by dpsing the boss while she is lying unconcious on the floor after the tornado phase. Just spam exorcism at her before she wakes up and you'll have 100% of your mana by the time the big aoe damage phase starts.

More on topic: if you aren't popping the Core's cooldown that often then yeah, the egg is definitely an upgrade.
    Last edited by Howard Moon; 2011-09-20 at 10:52 AM.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

There's Valor point trinkets? O_o
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    There's Valor point trinkets? O_o
    No; I think the OP was thinking about the amulet...

@Nico87: as the other people here, I think you can equip the new trinket for fights where you don't have mana issues.

According to comments on wowhead the proc is about every ~40s.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    How can you have mana problems in Alystrazor? Remember that you cat get ALL your mana back by dpsing the boss while she is lying unconcious on the floor after the tornado phase. Just spam exorcism at her before she wakes up and you'll have 100% of your mana by the time the big aoe damage phase starts.
    I was about to say, even using my mana extremely liberally, I have zero issues on the fight thanks to that delicious mechanic. Not really sure how you're having issues unless the tanks are undergeared and/or having extreme issues handling Tantrum correctly.

Really sorry about the VP trinket stuff I was on about. Like I said, I'm not at 100% today.

Regarding the Alysrazor situation it's a mixture of both. I'm not an experienced raider at all, and nor are my guild mates (in Firelands, that is). Of the 3-4 tries we've had we've only managed to get him down to "where I can just spam Exorsism, and the raid were damaged so bad I didn't have time to pull off any Exors at all. Our main problem is probably that we don't have any guild tanks, so we end up having to take sub-par tanks or "undergeared" alts to raids. We raid on Fridays, Sundays and Tuesdays, which are basically the worst raiding days if you need to pug the tanks. Different tanks on different days do suck because you never know what you can realistically expect from said tanks.

Maybe I should just ignore my mana-struggle on Alysrazor comment untill we actually manage decent tries. A trinket won't matter much when the entire raid including tanks are on around 20%-30%, which so far has been the case.

Sounds like your raid might be getting nuked by the tornadoes. Tell them to watch this:

And good luck!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Best guess ever!

Random Haste procs are not going to be as desireable as regen procs.

If your mana is not being stressed in Firelands then cast bigger heals, attempt more challenging content or drop a Healer for a DPS. Unless you have 7/7 HM on farm, regen should be the number one thing you're looking to get out of your gear - and trinkets especially are a good way to get it.

Egg could be desireable if it were an on use Haste buff. You could use it in conjunction with other cooldowns during periods of heavy healing to pretty strong effect. However, as a random proc, it is sorely lacking.

+19 Int is not enough to make it better than Core.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2011-09-20 at 09:05 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.