Deleted

Sound Card Problem

Hello, my hopefully nerdy computer friends!
    I have just upgraded my computer from XP to Windows 7 and everything is working fine, except my sound card.
    My sound card is a Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Audio, and I have never had problems with it before. But whenever I try to install the driver through either the CD or Creatives website, it either bluescreens me or tells me that my product wasn't proberly installed. I have no clue what to do, and I am a complete retard at computers.. Any help is greatly appreciated!

10+ Year Old Account
    You may have to use drive sweeper to get rid of the old drivers first.

Old Creative cards do not work properly with Win7 and will need some driver hacks, it's known problem. Google will help you with the specifics.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Well make sure you're downloading the correct drivers for one. For another, check to see if the sound card is in properly. I know my sound card was odd and loose. This doesn't sound like a hardware issue though. It sounds like a compatability issue, or software issue.

Uninstall all of your current drivers for the sound card, then re-install. Sometimes if you accidentally install drivers twice, bad things happen.

X-fi Xtreme Audio Drivers? should be compatible with Windows 7.

Control Panel ->Programs. See if the drivers show up once or twice or anything.

Otherwise, you go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers > Sound card you have -> Driver -> Uninstall...I think.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2011-09-20 at 08:04 PM.

Deleted
    Allright, thank you.. Any tips on what I need to search for?