10+ Year Old Account

[Bug] Beth'tilac - Death From Above achievement

So my 10man took a break from H Rag progression to finish our mounts this week.

We did Barrel Roll fulfulling 3 of the 4 requirements in the kill.
    We did Bucket List.
    We did Ambi-turner.

Then we do Death from Above, and don't receive credit. Anyone know why?

The only drones that died were 2 that went up top, and were killed after they started draining Beth's energy.

When she came down after the 3rd devastation, 2 drones were alive and were offtanked until the end. When she died, we did not receive the achievement and the drones stayed up for another ~5 seconds or so before despawning.

We remained in combat for about ~30 seconds and after all was said and done, still no achievement, while all the requirements were fulfilled.

EXTREMELY annoying since we now have to sacrifice another week of Rag progression to get these stupid mounts while all the other guilds on our server faceroll through the now trivial heroic content. Should have groups that were 3/7 looking at H rag starting next week while we get to clear normal for mounts again.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's why mounts should come after Rag progression in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    Could someone verify that this is actually possible?
    As far as I was aware, the requirements reset and all 4 have to be completed on the same kill.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd never put an achievement ahead of my guild's progression. Maybe as a jokingly awful attempt to start out the raid, but I wouldn't take much more than that one attempt before saying it's time to put on the game faces.
    Be reasonable. You might be right, you could be wrong, but either way most people won't change their minds if you keep shouting at them.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith View Post
    As far as I was aware, the requirements reset and all 4 have to be completed on the same kill.

All 10 of us had credit for the Cloud, and 8 had credit for Brushfire.

So on the kill we did no one get hit by Tornado/Brushfire/Lava spew and all 10 got the achievement.

And as for the achievement/guild progression, everyone in the group wants the mount and are fine with putting it aside. We are going to have to pug a DPS next week because one of our members is going on a short out of state trip, so thats our only chance to do it again(he lives with another member who can /afk him in raid for the achievement).

It would be nice to just bring in a random DPS for the rest of us to practice more on RAG, but enough of the group cares about the mounts to get them now while we have a chance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith View Post
    yes it's possible. we completed 1 step 2 weeks ago, the tornado step last week and intend on doing the other 2 in one this week

10+ Year Old Account
    So does anyone have any idea why we actually failed the achievement? That was the main focus of this thread. Ranting about Rag was a side note.

Deleted
    So my 10man took a break from H Rag progression to finish our mounts this week.

We did Bucket List.
    We did Ambi-turner.

Then we do Death from Above, and don't receive credit. Anyone know why?

The only drones that died were 2 that went up top, and were killed after they started draining Beth's energy.

When she came down after the 3rd devastation, 2 drones were alive and were offtanked until the end. When she died, we did not receive the achievement and the drones stayed up for another ~5 seconds or so before despawning.

We remained in combat for about ~30 seconds and after all was said and done, still no achievement, while all the requirements were fulfilled.

EXTREMELY annoying since we now have to sacrifice another week of Rag progression to get these stupid mounts while all the other guilds on our server faceroll through the now trivial heroic content. Should have groups that were 3/7 looking at H rag starting next week while we get to clear normal for mounts again.
    Sorry to hear this didn't work. My guild had much the same scenario with 2 being killed up top, and 2 offtanked during the final phase til kill, and we 'Did' get credit so it sounds as if it's either a bug or some split second bad timing on a kill upstairs? IE Maybe one went down too late/too early by a millisecond?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Sorry to hear this didn't work. My guild had much the same scenario with 2 being killed up top, and 2 offtanked during the final phase til kill, and we 'Did' get credit so it sounds as if it's either a bug or some split second bad timing on a kill upstairs? IE Maybe one went down too late/too early by a millisecond?
    We thought we may have killed them too fast as well, but the DPS and tank upstairs said the add appeared and started channeling before they killed it. SOunds like plenty of time to me.

Deleted
    Did this last week and had actually offtank 3 adds till Bethilak dies. We got the ACM

this was in 10man normals

10+ Year Old Account
    So out of the 15 or so tickets that were sent only 1 replied with useful information. Our paladin was told that the second add died too slow while up top(like 1-2 seconds) because were were worried about possibly killing too fast. If they don't die before their channel ends it fails apparently.

Also since it was depressing to waste a week of Rag progression, and even more depressing to do faceroll easy bosses after the nerf, we decided to do the Achievement on Heroic this week.

Made it more interesting at least, and we have our mounts now

Deleted
    So out of the 15 or so tickets that were sent only 1 replied with useful information. Our paladin was told that the second add died too slow while up top(like 1-2 seconds) because were were worried about possibly killing too fast. If they don't die before their channel ends it fails apparently.

Also since it was depressing to waste a week of Rag progression, and even more depressing to do faceroll easy bosses after the nerf, we decided to do the Achievement on Heroic this week.

Made it more interesting at least, and we have our mounts now
    congrats on your nerflands achievements.

now go farm T11 heroic as no-nerf so some are harder than firelands probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    congrats on your nerflands achievements.

now go farm T11 heroic as no-nerf so some are harder than firelands probably.

Got the T11 mounts before Firelands were out and were 6/7H before Firelands nerf, but thanks for the troll.

We thought we may have killed them too fast as well, but the DPS and tank upstairs said the add appeared and started channeling before they killed it. SOunds like plenty of time to me.
    I just completed Glory of the Firelands Raider last night, (Amateratzu - Kel'thuzad US).
    The only thing i can think of was that you guys killed one of the drones when he was coming back from the top. As in he died when he was leaving the top but never got to the bottom, im just speculating though.
    As a group we thought this could happen to us with our luck, so we made sure the add was at 20%ish before he goes up top. Once hes at top everyone, even the tank, kills him instantly.
    Also we noticed the last two drones would not die on top so never touched them besides the tank building aggro on them.

Hope this helps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Napoles View Post
    I just completed Glory of the Firelands Raider last night, (Amateratzu - Kel'thuzad US).
    The only thing i can think of was that you guys killed one of the drones when he was coming back from the top. As in he died when he was leaving the top but never got to the bottom, im just speculating though.
    As a group we thought this could happen to us with our luck, so we made sure the add was at 20%ish before he goes up top. Once hes at top everyone, even the tank, kills him instantly.
    Also we noticed the last two drones would not die on top so never touched them besides the tank building aggro on them.

Hope this helps
    We already finished it this week. We did the achievement on Heroic so we could still do Rag since the nerf made it faceroll.

The problem was the INSTANT the adds begins his animation after channeling it counts as him being down, even if he isnt going down yet.