Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

OMG look at this video card

Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

troll.........

[User has received an infraction for this post. Don't post just to call other users trolls. - Cilraaz]
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-09-22 at 01:45 AM.

a dead deathwing = video card?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vannishh View Post
    troll.........
    i copied and pasted the wrong link.........
    Milk was a bad choice.

Once I win the lottery I'm Quad SLI'ing 4 of those.

Maybe then I can help James Cameron edit Avatar 2.

Yeah, Mars 2. A very good but stupidly overpriced card.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to lol about the shipping cost. This VGA card is clearly just an e-peen show off. Atleast it has an SLi connector so you can use 2 of these monstrosities incase you feel 1 just won't do the job...

10+ Year Old Account
    lol is there even a motherboard out there that can handle 3 of those? let alone 2? o.O
    Milk was a bad choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    lol is there even a motherboard out there that can handle 3 of those? let alone 2? o.O
    It is a dual gpu card so you cant have more than 2 cards in sli.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its the biggest card ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I remember watching a video review on it and man that thing is a monster.

Deleted
    awesome video card, gief

Deleted
    I can't see what on earth you'd need that for, other than letting your friends that you have too much money.

"lesser" cards can run games at a perfectly beautiful, let alone enjoyable, level.

Let's talk in a few years when games might actually require 3 gigs of ram on a video card.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    I can't see what on earth you'd need that for, other than letting your friends that you have too much money.

"lesser" cards can run games at a perfectly beautiful, let alone enjoyable, level.

Let's talk in a few years when games might actually require 3 gigs of ram on a video card.
    Nobody "needs" much at all to just play games at a "just fine and enjoyable" level.

This is an enthusiast card.

Enthusiasts don't do things at a "just fine" level. Enthusiasts like crazy things that cost a lot more than they are worth.

What's the big deal? Old card by now, nothing new, it's good, it's expensive, a graphics card manufacturer decided to go overboard with the newest gen hardware, who'd have thought?

Besides when you start playing games over huge multi-monitor resolutions, or just desire absurd framerates (Although I have no idea why anyone would want to go beyond the vertical sync), or desire tons of AA/AF, these cards actually DO have a place. They don't just frame lock every game they run at 60 regardless of settings - they don't, even these cards have challenges - and thus they have a place in the world of enthusiast hardware. They actually DO allow someone with a lot of money to get even more FPS out of their gaming rig using the settings they wish to use.
    Last edited by Mythricia; 2011-09-21 at 10:09 AM.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Deleted
    That's a nice video card you have there, would be a shame if something were to... happen to it.

I can see why it would be interesting to discuss/inform people of, but damn. This is the 2nd thread today and the 3rd thread total that I've read which has been about this video card (where the other thread is, in fact, moderately old.
    OT though, I definitely wouldn't mind owning one (or 2), but I wouldn't pay the full price for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    Nobody "needs" much at all to just play games at a "just fine and enjoyable" level.

This is an enthusiast card.

Enthusiasts don't do things at a "just fine" level. Enthusiasts like crazy things that cost a lot more than they are worth.

What's the big deal? Old card by now, nothing new, it's good, it's expensive, a graphics card manufacturer decided to go overboard with the newest gen hardware, who'd have thought?

Besides when you start playing games over huge multi-monitor resolutions, or just desire absurd framerates (Although I have no idea why anyone would want to go beyond the vertical sync), or desire tons of AA/AF, these cards actually DO have a place. They don't just frame lock every game they run at 60 regardless of settings - they don't, even these cards have challenges - and thus they have a place in the world of enthusiast hardware. They actually DO allow someone with a lot of money to get even more FPS out of their gaming rig using the settings they wish to use.
    I'm not at all disputing the fact that there is a market for it, but personally the added pricetag for a thousand bucks for an extra 5 fps just seems.. overkill. But then again, people should spend their cash like they prefer. I'm not trying to judge. It's like buying every piece of 378s on the AH to run normal 5s.

Deleted
    The question is... Will it blend?

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    I'm not at all disputing the fact that there is a market for it, but personally the added pricetag for a thousand bucks for an extra 5 fps just seems.. overkill. But then again, people should spend their cash like they prefer. I'm not trying to judge. It's like buying every piece of 378s on the AH to run normal 5s.
    Of course, but a lot of people like overkill :P

But yeah the price on this particular piece of overkill is steep even for an enthusiast like myself. I wish...
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.