Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Sli.

I had to make a account here just to post you with some info, this card has a built in SLI already, so if you would like to have SLI with this card it would be like having 4x graphic cards!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    yes it is, 4-way SLI with the GTX-580 is the best you can get atm
    Hmm I thought quad sli was only possible with 2x GTX590 (or 2x MARS obviously).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    seriously? 1890 on heaven 2.5, someone messed up somewhere, that should be much higher, around 2400-2500 at that resolution, maybe these cards are not as good as they seem[COLOR="red"]
    I would guess that 4x gtx 580 simply runs into a CPU bottleneck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zkeya View Post
    Hmm I thought quad sli was only possible with 2x GTX590 (or 2x MARS obviously).
    quad SLI, yes, requires two dual gpu cards, but 4-way SLI uses 4 single gpu cards

---------- Post added 2011-09-21 at 06:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dynellen View Post
    I would guess that 4x gtx 580 simply runs into a CPU bottleneck.
    no, because i can run that same test and get a 2200ish score, i run a slightly lower resolution, but my 590's are not as good as the mars 2 spec-wise so it should even out

Costs much more then 2 individual 580's and any enthusiest would gladly buy 4 for their ridiculously oversized motherboards. The mars is the best dual on one slot GPU to date, but why spend the extra 1-1.5k when you can use it for better things?

Also what the hell game would even use that much, 2560x1600 X3 full 3D metro 2033? What lunatic would even do that to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkelementz View Post
    Costs much more then 2 individual 580's and any enthusiest would gladly buy 4 for their ridiculously oversized motherboards. The mars is the best dual on one slot GPU to date, but why spend the extra 1-1.5k when you can use it for better things?

Also what the hell game would even use that much, 2560x1600 X3 full 3D metro 2033? What lunatic would even do that to begin with?
    Like you said, an enthusiast would.

Btw what does it take to set up SLI? I am thinking about getting a second GTX 570 to SLI when BF3 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    Like you said, an enthusiast would.

Btw what does it take to set up SLI? I am thinking about getting a second GTX 570 to SLI when BF3 comes out.
    SLI is weird in that you need 2 of the exact same cards and make sure you have two pice 8x or higher lanes on your computer. Then give it a go.

The ROG MARS in SLI? Sweclockers already did it.
    http://www.sweclockers.com/recension...-mars-ii-i-sli

Quote Originally Posted by Darkelementz View Post
    SLI is weird in that you need 2 of the exact same cards and make sure you have two pice 8x or higher lanes on your computer. Then give it a go.
    Thanks, will probably consult a guy I know who helped me build my PC in regards to this but yeah thanks again.

They created a limited amount of that beast. I think around 999 or 1000. They come with a ticket notifying the user which one of those 1000 is his/her gpu. You have to be either craizy or rich to quad sli that. 1200 euro omg, you can sli gtx 580 for someting around 1600-1700 euros. Not worth it.

Deleted
    I don't get all the commotion? I mean, aren't there GTX590 video cards for a while now? What is the deal with these 580,s?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I don't get all the commotion? I mean, aren't there GTX590 video cards for a while now? What is the deal with these 580,s?
    GTX590 is 2 GTX580 cores, slightly downclocked so the card can work properly, consume a bit less power and produce less heat. Asus managed to fit 2 normal GTX580 cores, so it works as if you had 2 cards on your motherboard, but it's still single. Also there are only 999 cards produced, thus making each one somewhat "rare".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zkeya View Post
    GTX590 is 2 GTX580 cores, slightly downclocked so the card can work properly, consume a bit less power and produce less heat. Asus managed to fit 2 normal GTX580 cores, so it works as if you had 2 cards on your motherboard, but it's still single. Also there are only 999 cards produced, thus making each one somewhat "rare".
    Oh awesome! So it's like a slightly upgraded GTX 590?