Tanks in PvP Gear...

So after leveling a new healer, and hitting the random heroics to start gearing, constantly running into tanks in nothing but PvP Gear. Then saying something to them they feel its perfectly acceptable to be in gear that isn't for tanking.

What the hell is up? When did it become perfectly suitable for tanks to be in PvP gear and get carried by the healer? I am sure many of them are just DPS trying to get a quick queue, but its crap. PvP Gear ≠ Tank Gear!

***Edit***
    For some background, My main is a tank and I have a tank toon in each class, So I am not just blowing smoke, I know what it means to properly gear a tank and tank seriously, not just queue up as one.
    Last edited by Chowderman; 2011-09-21 at 03:43 PM.
    "I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."
    The rapture took my paladin - May 21, 2011
    In a recent online survey, 100% of the population uses the internet.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chowderman View Post
    So after leveling a new healer, and hitting the random heroics to start gearing, constantly running into tanks in nothing but PvP Gear. Then saying something to them they feel its perfectly acceptable to be in gear that isn't for tanking.

What the hell is up? When did it become perfectly suitable for tanks to be in PvP gear and get carried by the healer? I am sure many of them are just DPS trying to get a quick queue, but its crap. PvP Gear ≠ Tank Gear!
    I run a lot of heroics on my priest and unfortunately, this is something that I see all to often as well.

I always hate when I hit that accept and instantly port in b/c I know the healer either left or got kicked. I've stopped counting how many times I port in to see the tank in full PvP gear. I just leave as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how *much* pvp gear he/she is wearing, to be honest. :P But yeah... full pvp gear, I would just let them die over and over, telling everyone else to zone out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierst View Post
    Depends on how *much* pvp gear he/she is wearing, to be honest. :P But yeah... full pvp gear, I would just let them die over and over, telling everyone else to zone out.
    I am talking 75% to Full PvP gear, and often the remainder of the not full pvp gear is often dps gear.
    "I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."
    The rapture took my paladin - May 21, 2011
    In a recent online survey, 100% of the population uses the internet.