Black Ops acting screwy

So this is the second time I have encountered this problem. I go to play Black Ops on multiplayer and when I try and select my class, I am returned all the way to lvl 1 without any prestige's I have earned. Level 1 with just the 3 basic starting classes. Then once I unlock the other "create a classes" I can select my previous made classes before I was returned to level one without any prestige, but the problem is it still classifies me as a level one. This is really irritating and I haven't been able to find any info on how to fix this. If anybody knows how to fix this problem please post, it will be greatly appreciated.

I've never heard of this problem. What platform?

On PC, the first time it happened i just played normally starting all the way from the beginning and it eventually went back to my previous level and prestige. This time though it is really frustrating

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I hear that happening a lot in BO, make a post and ask someone. I don't remember what the instructions to restorre it was had something to do with your steam cloud and delete the registry or something (don't do it im not sure) but im sure you can find it here.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...play.php?f=997
    Last edited by Ave07; 2011-09-22 at 02:12 AM.

Thank you! Will def take a look at it and see whats up, glad to hear its not only me

Quote Originally Posted by ednerr View Post
    Thank you! Will def take a look at it and see whats up, glad to hear its not only me
    It wasn't only you for sure.

I never had the prestige loss issue (thank goodness) but I did have a stupid ass issue with weapon purchases. I would buy weapons and attachments, lose the money as per the cost then not have any of the shit I bought actually be there but the money was gone.

Luckily I owned faces with the mp5 so it's w/e.

The prestige loss thing is a shitty one though. If I made it to 15th prestige only to drop back to the beginning I would be in an uproar. Good luck on fixing it man, I wish you the best with that.

Same thing happened to me the first time also, would purchase and leave screen then would get money back with no weps/mods. I looked on the forums and it seems to be happening to alot of people but couldn't find any exact answers on how to correct this. I registered on the forums but can't post yet due to having to be accept by a moderator or something. So if this has happened to anybody else, plz post on how you got it corrected.

---------- Post added 2011-09-22 at 02:43 AM ----------

Bump, anybody else had this prob?