Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Cool

ok well first IMO check this case out. I use it for my setup and it is ALLWAYS blowing out cool air its really nice.

EDIT: it wont let me post a link.. I have to post a few more times thought.. hmm lets cheat the system sry moderators its only a Newegg link so no harm here.

new
    egg.com/Produ
    ct/Product.as
    px?Item=N82E16

(you gotta fill in the W's n junk it keeps picking it up as a URL for me

Second if your running 50-60c allways then randomly peaking to 80-90 do the following. Dismantle your heat sink down to litterly jsut it take the entire thing appart and clear ALL the dust out. From the sound of it your tower isnt utilizing all its fans so its intended flow of air is being disrupted and most likely circulation isnt enterierly there. After that you NEED to replace the thermal paste between the heatsink and ur chip. Do both of these first and that should fix it on its own. Also I suggest rethinking how everything is arranged inside of your tower. To not use one of your fans thats built in is kinda silly as they are designed in a way that its most efficient to use all of them at once. And if not designed like that, then you baught a crummy case that most likely just looks fancy. Best of luck

Corsair Graphite 600T white edition is what I use, and its "cool".

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=600T%20white

Deleted
    I rather like the fractal design cases. The F3 has 2x120mm front with dust filters, 2x 120-140mm roof, 1x 120-140mm in the floor with dust filter, 1x 120-140mm in the side and a rear 120mm. Understated and generally rather nice looking. It also has the right layout for drives (2x 5 1/4" bays at the top and 6 tray loading slots for hard drives) It's all going to depend on what you like though. Something with lights and logo's etc all over it or fairly simple and refined. My taste is the later
    Last edited by mmoc4fd64f6c8d; 2011-09-22 at 04:31 PM.

I'll second the InWin Dragon Slayer/ Dragon Rider series. I'm using the Dragon Slayer since I LAN almost every weekend, and my 4.6ghz overclocked i5-2500k doesn't really get over 50C°. Very cool temps with just a few 140mm fans. Also a great case to work in, well made, good cable management. The Dragon Slayer's pretty limited on drives, but that's what you get with an SLI mini-tower.

Of course, I'm using an Antec Kuhler H20 620, and it's ridiculously beast, but... the motherboard and GPU temps are also very low.

10+ Year Old Account
    How come no one mentioned the Antec Lanboy?

Blue!

Red!
    Last edited by Deafyx; 2011-09-22 at 05:48 PM.

Not gunna lie, the fanboy looks like the case of a tool who wants something to look fancy. Fancy and efficient almost NEVER come in one package. at least not for 150$

10+ Year Old Account
    i this the problem with that case is it looks damn fugly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madworldz View Post
    Not gunna lie, the fanboy looks like the case of a tool who wants something to look fancy. Fancy and efficient almost NEVER come in one package. at least not for 150$
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    i this the problem with that case is it looks damn fugly
    The OP said he wanted a cooler (temp wise) case. Not by looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    The OP said he wanted a cooler (temp wise) case. Not by looks.
    and you can get (temperatture) cooler cases, without paying through the nose to have something that looks damned ugly

op even says he has a haf, yet is having trouble with temps? i think it's less the case and more the setup inside, either fans intaking/exhausting wrong or bad components or something, or he's doing something to warrant the high temps, and not idling

he even states his fansd might be running at 400 rpm? oh, and did he say how many fans he's running? he said 1 intake verything else is exhaust? try swapping another to intake? (if you're running 4 fans, use 2 of each)

doesn't help he's swapped from celsius to (fahrenheit?) in different posts

edit: and do you have enough space between your graphics cards? (i assume so), if so/not which GPU is overheating? or both?

is your psu bottom or top mounted? if so, is it facing up or down? (this shouldn't matter too much, but if it's top mounted it cannae be good for your psu)

edit2: and when you say checking inside the case, you mean physically looking/opening, or using a temperature sensor tool through windows? have you checked all the fans are spinning etc? have you tried plugging the fans directly into the psu for 100% power throughput?
    Last edited by Rixis; 2011-09-22 at 07:16 PM.

HAF X
    Antec Twelve Hundred
    Corsair 650D
    Corsair 800D
    Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 new, not bad imo