Deleted

This is the perfect difficulty level for us.

We have 7/7 normal before the nerfs and we're the type of guild that can not go beyond 2 or 3 heroics if they aren't nerfed. The difficulty level of heroics simply needs more good raiders. To reach 7/7 normal (before nerfs) you need at least 5-6-7 raiders that are very dedicated and good but you will need a full group of 10 incredible players to reach 7/7 heroic or at least 5-6/7.

And realistically, that's very hard.

So we enjoy a difficulty that in effect creates a new Normal mode but with different encounters.

e.g. We still found it difficult to do Lord Rhyolith but it was easily doable with the right strategy. It's like Normal, but a new normal we have to replay.

Keep doing that, it's incredible.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2011-09-22 at 06:27 PM.

so if old normal is now ez and old heroics are now normal wheres the hard stuff?

in new patch 4.3!

10+ Year Old Account
    No. He was asking where the hard stuff is now. Read: Now.

Deleted
    H Rag?

no wait.. I have a better answer: the T11 Heroics :P

Deleted
    T11 normals >T12 normals > T12 Heroics > T11 heroics > Sinestra > Ragnaros HC

There's something wrong about that in my eyes but /meh - 7/7 in 2.5 hours is nice i guess....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    so if old normal is now ez and old heroics are now normal wheres the hard stuff?
    Because that's EXACTLY how it is, yeah?

Nowadays, every boss has 10hp, hits for -67 (yes, they HEAL you) and give out eighteen tier tokens per kill, right?

Come on...

Newsflash, it's still actually quite difficult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    We have 7/7 normal before the nerfs and we're the type of guild that can not go beyond 2 or 3 heroics if they aren't nerfed. The difficulty level of heroics simply needs more good raiders. To reach 7/7 normal (before nerfs) you need at least 5-6-7 raiders that are very dedicated and good but you will need a full group of 10 incredible players to reach 7/7 heroic or at least 5-6/7.

And realistically, that's very hard.

So we enjoy a difficulty that in effect creates a new Normal mode but with different encounters.

e.g. We still found it difficult to do Lord Rhyolith but it was easily doable with the right strategy. It's like Normal, but a new normal we have to replay.

Keep doing that, it's incredible.
    Gotta disagree :[

Complain on the official forums. I'm not kidding. If everyone makes like 50 threads saying they want HMs reverted, then they will revert them! You actually have to complain in a place you'll be heard though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post

Newsflash, it's still actually quite difficult.
    Aside from Heroic Rag, which HM boss is "actually quite difficult"?

Deleted
    I know it is a matter of perspective but realistically speaking, an average group of raiders could clear 7/7 on normal mode. It wasn't all that difficult or demanding in many ways. The only encounter that could possibly stumble a lot on was Ragnaros but it was more due to the sheer number of elements that you would need to take into account, rather than the difficult level of the encounter.

With that said, while I first did not like the idea of adding a third layer of difficult to the game, I have since warmed up for it. There were still a lot of raiders in the game that could not get 7/7 in Firelands normal and, well, it's nice that Blizzard is making it possible for them to see it. However, I think they should've done it in 4.3, instead of nerfing both heroics and normals in Firelands. Secondly I think the easy mode in 4.3 should not reward anywhere near what doing the normal modes do. No tier pieces for example. Gear should be barely above the 5-man heroics that they are adding in 4.3. The simple fact is that if the currently nerfed normal modes in Firelands are any indication, the easy mode in 4.3 is going to be so darn easy that you could do the first with a pack of blind rats.

But who knows... maybe Blizzard will surprise us in 4.3 and maybe, just maybe, after Firelands, we won't see any more outrageous nerfs to the content, since it will be included by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Complain on the official forums. I'm not kidding. If everyone makes like 50 threads saying they want HMs reverted, then they will revert them! You actually have to complain in a place you'll be heard though.
    Sadly when you do that you get your thread locked and your account locked from posting on the WoW forums in most cases. The WoW forum mods remind me of ppl that get mad at you for telling them their spouse is cheating and try to act like somehow you are the shithead for letting them know.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Sadly when you do that you get your thread locked and your account locked from posting on the WoW forums in most cases. The WoW forum mods remind me of ppl that get mad at you for telling them their spouse is cheating and try to act like somehow you are the shithead for letting them know.
    What he said... plus a) I'm 100% Blizzard actually reads mmo-c and b) I always find it strange that some people insist that to complain or just displaying your discontent about something in the game has to be done on the official forums. If you're having a conversation about it anywhere else, it's prohibited... for some reason.

And lets face it, if you don't like reading this stuff, why are you in this thread? It's not like these things are hard to identify.

I'm not sure that the degree of difficulty reduction in HM content was warranted to such a degree. My guild went 6/7HM this week having not even tried a few of the HM bosses yet. Surely they could have phased in the nerf a bit better, like they did with ICC?

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    I definitely appreciate Blizzard has nerf both normal and heroics raid instances. For the last 2.5 month, only 20% of players are able to enjoying all the content It is their (i.e. average players) turn to have it now. Please do not forget they have paid the same amount of money as you hardcore players did. In the past months, it is these average players make you hardcore players look like heroes. You need these average players to make you look like heroes in 4.3 again. So please treat them well and be fair to them.