Thread: Am I insane?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    the reason why I got into online gaming was to escape from my everyday life, I've been living for over 6 years like this. As a result of my seclusion, I have very few friends (I haven't been able to make real friends since middle school), I believe i'm anti social since I feel awkward when I'm around other people, I have no experience ( no job, girlfriend, car etc.).
    Now I'm on my 2nd year in the university and I cant keep up with the classes that are required for my major and at home i never find peace, but my mom still expects me to do well. Now that I am 18 and have the possibility of getting away from my family I don't know what to do, looking for a job to be able to live on my own on my condition in addition to the state of the economy is as stupid as jumping off a 12 story building and expecting to survive.
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2011-09-22 at 08:44 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't even consider that you are crazy. It's just bad luck that you are in such situation. Be strong and don't give up, afterall, time will pass and you might grow up as a strong person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TarzoEzio View Post
    Made me lol a bit.
    But since i am gonna be more the word called "seriuos face" with failed spelling.
    No, you would not, but it would be amount of selfish if you would move out of a another countrey.
    now you can move out, and find another place and not talk to them more often, that would be one thing, but since family is, as i still won't to say this, family.
    you can Move™, or not.
    You decide.
    I don't mean to be rude....
    But that may have been the hardest thing I have ever had to read.

BTW, what is your trademark move?
    "Yeah man, I'll help you with whate- Oh, you have a spider problem? Yeah.... Fuck that."

I suggest you go live with a relative or friend while they sort it out

15+ Year Old Account
    You got a messed up life there man, sorry to hear so. Anyways, I can't really help you with it. I have my own place now, so I could leave when I feel like doing so. However, I'm not sure if it's an option for you. If it is, you could try it but on the other hand I think your family needs you too. Show them your love and try to keep your family together, don't let them do stupid stuff. You could also seek help from professionals, as I read your family and you possibly too could benefit from it.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Ebonheart View Post
    Yes because I didn't offer any advice. I told him to seek RL help because that's actually the best thing to do with such a situation like this. This isn't a little girl/boy breakup meltdown thread, this is life/death situation. He should be seeking professional help with this, people who actually have a job to help, not randoms over the internet who pretend like they have every answer to every problem.

And don't tell me to "Stfu" or whatever. Maybe you should grow up and respect other opinions.
    While we can't prove much useful to him, we can atleast calm him down, talk some sense into his head and motivate him to set things right. I'll tell you whatever I want to, you grow up and understand that unless you have something useful to say, you don't write your blabing in a topic.
    "Maybe we wouldn't keep getting hurt if we just expected the worst.."

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means you are a strong person"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    OP, I understand you're likely coming here because you don't know where else to turn, but I'm sure there are help lines and doctors in your area that are better qualified at helping you than we are here.

Unfortunately, threads like this almost always attract negative comments/trolls/terrible advice, so take all answers with a grain of salt.

OT: I don't think you're insane for wanting to leave, you have had bad experiences and you want to escape them, but running away isn't usually the answer (and doesn't normally solve anything). If anything, I think your parents both need psychological help. I don't normally recommend calling the authorities, but if situations like the two you describe are the norm, it may be the only (albeit drastic) option.
    Well, thing is this dosen't happen evreyday for pepole, they trying to think how it would be, and then pepole maybe can go like, oh like this would be good. And i am not saying that i had this issues, my Parrents are in Final month of Divorce, not felling the best but, this is something as i said, Dosen't happen in a normal Day.

Stay in school, do the best you can and soon as education and work - money allows flee and never look back. Screwing yourself over is dumb.

Let your family pay for school first. Move away once you finished it. Diploma > no diploma, for the rest of your life.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Is this a part of normal life?

My uncle whose wife left him for another man told my father that mom was cheating on him and he filmed a video of mom eating with a coworker in her car. (My uncle has an unhealthy desire to show my dad that he’s superior because dad was better than him at everything when they were children despite being younger, and it took dad a long time before he noticed) After watching 10 second video my father became furious and he tried to smash mom’s car with a boulder. He screamed that he was going to abandon us and my mother broke down in tears. As he was pulling his clothes out of the closet my mother attempted to kill herself my tying the fan’s power cord around her neck and pulling, if I hadn’t been there stopping her she would have probably passed out or in the worst case died. After hearing all the noise the neighbors called the police, when mother calmed a bit down she asked the officers if she could press charges against my uncle for defamation the police simply said no as they took her to mental facility for three days for attempting suicide. When mom got out dad told her that he would stay with us under certain conditions. My mom was forced to find a new job and dad monitored her for an entire year with similar dramatic scenes occurring every time mom picked up the phone five minutes late or me any time she left the house unaccompanied to go to the store across the street.

On another occasion my dad and my half-sister got into an argument and they offended each other. Both my half-sister and my dad got mad at mom for not saying anything, my sister calls my mom a bitch and tells her that she will never let her see her future grand daughter as she leaves the house.Then my little sister calls dad a retard for yelling at mom and he brutally slaps her and when hes going to continue hitting her mom intervenes and he starts spouting crap on how a terrible mother she is that she hasn't taught her children how to respect etc. and he says that hes going to spend the night at his friend's house and that he's going to start packing up the next day. Then my mom locked herself up in the bathroom and my dad went up to me and suggested a family suicide to end all the crap and i told him to go kill himself if he wanted to die that badly, when he left my room I went to check on mom and since she wouldn't open the door i had to kick down the bathroom door to find her covered in alcohol looking for matches to set herself on fire. I had to sleep with my sister and my mom on mom's room to make sure mom wouldn't do anything crazy. Two days later dad came back and everything continued like nothing happened.

after going through multiple events like these i feel like dropping out of school and taking all the grant money and moving to another country away from everyone and letting my family do as they please even if it means living as a homeless.
    Am i wrong to think this way ? (i know i have some psychological issues such as depression and possibly others but i just want to confirm im not 100% crazy)
    I'm going to quote you so my post stands out and hopefully you will read this.

I grew up in the same situation as you except everyone was blood. My family was a wrecked, everything was just as bad as what you're going thru and i was in my early teens(I am 24 now). I thought about the same thing you did and eventually decided to try suicide, i got stopped both times.
    As i was going thru these ordeals and personal issues alone, i turned to many things to kept me "alive" such as gaming, working non-stop, spend a few birthdays in hotels to relax and enjoy being alive and various other things that kept my mind off "Family". As time passes by, i realized in the end, these are the only people i will ever love even though they're such shitty human beings. My parents divorced, siblings all moved out, i too moved out, during my darkest days, i met my girlfriend of 4 years.

Keep it together, keep yourself sane and live for a better tomorrow for yourself, not for anyone but for yourself. Don't give up, you'll see better days, trust me.

I was there.
    Last edited by Kazuyamoto; 2011-09-22 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    Jesus dude I feel for you, your in a tough situation but its not you who is crazy.

Your parents seem like the crazy ones, I mean seriously who suggests a family suicide to their son, sorry to say but your dad sounds like a complete fucktard no wonder your mother has emotional issues...I dont know the situation but you should stand up against your father and stop letting him bully the family.

I think your mum is very unstable and probably needs more help than she realizes, Stay strong man you will get through this, I wish you all the best.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2011-09-22 at 09:07 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your mother and father need a counselor, badly. I'm really serious about it.
    I feel terrible for your sake, I really hope you don't blame yourself for any of this.

Stick up for your mother. Stand up for yourself as well, be nice to both of them, tell them what you feel and what they are doing to both themselves and to you and any sibblings you have. If they can't realize how they are destroying themselves and their family, I don't know what might help.

And the next time they fight, call the police, especially if your father hits anyone again. If you want out of your house, talk to child services or whatever it is called, tell them of your situation.

Deleted
    Be a man and Puch the hell out of your dad's face. If my dad walked on me and asked for a family suicide I think I may kill him my self.

Now your mom need help now. I don't like this but you don't have any other choice, you shouldn't risk your future for other ppls problems but your should help your mom, man up and put her in a clinic there she has all the help she needs and you dont ruin your future
    Last edited by mmocce676f6b0f; 2011-09-22 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically your "dad" is a violent control freak, and sounds like your Uncle is too. While i only had my dad as the same, as his brother was sane, i can only tell you that you must get in contact with someone who can help you, your mum and your siblings get away from him... it's a sad situation to be in and it will play havoc on you and yours, so GET SOME HELP! If your dad wants to kill himself so be it, but don't let him control everyone anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Is this a part of normal life?

That's tough man, I've had some family problems of my own recently and it basically ended the same. My mom found out my step dad was cheating on her, planned on moving out, then within 30 minutes my mom goes from hating his guts to like how it would be if nothing had happened.

The best solution I can think of for you is to tell them that there is no way in hell that their marriage is going to work out at this point and they need to do something about it before people get seriously injured or killed. This is a situation where there is no winning choice unfortunately. You can either tackle it head on and have everyone go on safely or you can wait it out until someone is critically injured or dead. I'd love to be able to tell you that it will all be okay, but after things like that, it's only a temporary fix. It's like putting a bandaid on a stab wound, it will stop the bleeding for a while but it's not going to make it all better.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP Assuming your American , call these people, they will be able to put you in the right direction etc http://www.thehotline.org/ its a national number (i dont know what state your in) Goodluck

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, seek the help of professionals in this situation. Also, keep going to college. When you graduate, move away and never contact your parents again. That's a win-win.
    SCUM AND VILLAINY
    You will never find a more wretched hive...

Except for the crushing a car with a boulder part that sounds like a lot of families so no your not insane.

Don't leave the country and leave your family, A lot of the time your parents are responsible if you don't pay back your shit which probably will lead to a murder/suicide if ur dad really is that crazy.

You should try to get ur mom to kick your dad out for good and tell her to go to therapy. She doesn't need him. Tell her that she is a good mom and all that shit.

Also If all that shit keeps going on and she doesn't leave him, move out and probally take your sisters or they could up dead or have more psych problems.

My cousin had to take custody of her half-sisters because her sisters mom was a fucked up druggie and they are all happier off now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to save you thousands in therapy bills right now.

You can NOT fix your parents.

Period. End of story. You'll need to accept that your family is a bunch of fruitcakes and just move on for your own sanity.

Don't make any rash decisions, but definitely start making plans to get as far away from them as possible.

You can try to see if help can be forced on them given the effects its having on them and you...i would just get the fuck out though.