Soul Calibur V Dream Guest Characters

Soul Calibur V: Guest Dream Team
    So I’m waiting for Soul Calibur V and I came to an interesting point of discussion that didn’t increase the ever-increasing size of the Ivy’s breasts. Now Soul Calibur has always been the game I’ve seen as my guilty little pleasure; sure the women are absurdly endowed (though the men are not exactly regular men either) and the story is pretty cut-and-paste but the fighting mechanics are some of the coolest of any simple 1-on-1 Fighting Game.

So I was wondering, who do you want in as guest characters? They could be wild fantasies that will never happen or reasonable suggestions. I admit it, I can think of a ton of characters who are awesome and little Soul Calibur quality explanations as to why they’re there (NOTE: These are explanations that only Knaak would try to pass off as reasonable). You can just list characters you’d like or copy my template (I’ve put way too much thought into this stuff) or just discuss other people’s suggestions.

This may include spoilers, so proceed at your own risk.
    Regular Game Edition:
    Link (Legend of Zelda)
    Outfit: Standard Green Tunic [1P], Magic Armour (Twilight Princess)[2P]
    Weapons: Master Sword & Hylian Shield [1P/2P], Magic Sword, Razor Sword, Mirror Shield, Soul Calibur
    Joke Weapon: Fishing Rod & Deku Shield
    Fighting Style: Link’s fighting style is similar to Pyrrha but with less standard attack damage; his power comes mostly from quirky (but powerful) special abilities.
    Stage: Chamber of Sages
    Basic Story:
    When Zelda sealed Ganon with the help of the 6 other Sages it was clear that Ganon would eventually escape again. Fearing this Zelda sent Link on a quest for a blade that’s evil-fighting powers were even more legendary… Soul Calibur.

Revya [Female] (Soul Nomad)
    Outfit: Standard Revya [1P], Gig Fusion [2P]
    Weapons: Onyx Blade [1P/2P], Onyx Blade w/ Scythe, Blazing Gestahl, Layna’s Sword, Soul Edge
    Joke Weapon: Giant Hotpod
    Fighting Style: Revya’s fighting style is designed around a simple concept: Score combos quickly; with no great power in regular strikes and basic defenses Revya shines when combos climb.
    Stage: Drazil Palace
    Basic Story:
    Fate is a funny thing with many instruments and for Gig and Revya that instrument was the Time Witch Lujei. As they tried to Dominate the witch they were sent tumbling through time and space and landed up here. They quickly came across a tale of two swords of near infinite power. Revya felt these were the keys to making it home and Gig… Gig just wanted to see the sword that’s power was so similar to his own. 

Ezio Auditore (Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood)
    Outfit: Assassin’s Robes [1P], Armour of Altair [2P]
    Weapons: Captain’s Sword [1P/2P], Bartolomeo’s Axe, La Volpe’s Bite, Maria’s Dagger, Sword of Altair
    Joke Weapon: Leonardo’s Sextant
    Fighting Style: Ezio’s fighting style incorporates lots of weapons but does not change between them; everything is fluid and based around blocking, including devastating Guard Impacts.
    Stage: Monteriggioni Courtyard
    Basic Story:
    When Ezio first used the Apple of Eden a part of him fractured, though he would never know it a copy of Ezio Auditore was sent through time and timelines and finally found himself in a very different Italy. Ezio was compelled by a story of two swords that he was certain were artifacts and one sword brought peace through order… a perfect tool for the Templars.

Shale (Dragon Age: Origins)
    Outfit: Shale Standard [1P], Marble Shale [2P]
    Weapons: Flawed Crystals [1P/2P], Clear Crystals, Flawless Crystals, Brilliant Crystals, Soul Calibur
    Joke Weapon: Uncrushable Pigeon
    Fighting Style: Shale’s fighting style is all about slow, heavy hits and utilizing powerful defenses. Shale’s crystals change colour and elemental characteristics between battles.
    Stage: Anvil of the Void
    Basic Story:
    After realizing the truth of her condition Shale and Wynne set out for Tevinter to see if they could discover how to change her back to her Dwarven form. One Magister believed he had found a way, but something went wrong and Shale was teleported to another word. In search of a way back Shale heard of a weapon far too close to the Anvil of the Void for her to allow it to still exist.

Arishok (Dragon Age 2)

Outfit: Arishok Armour [1P], Armour of the Sten [2P]
    Weapons: Sataarteth [1P/2P], Asala & Frenzy, Hayder’s Razer & Widow’s Fury, The Hawke’s Key, Bassrath-Kata
    Joke Weapon: Fairgrounds (Foam sword and inflatable mallet)
    Fighting Style: Arishok is a relentless fighter, he is fast and very powerful but has little in the way of defenses.
    Stage: Qunari Compound
    Basic Story:
    After retrieving the Tome of Koslun, Arishok returned to the Qunari-Tevinter warfront and in battle with one Magister a powerful spell was cast on him that sent him to a different world. Arishok now spreads the word of the Qun as he hunts for a way to return to Par Vollen.
    Note: While I don’t see Arishok being added to Soul Calibur V I can’t imagine a more perfect guest character; he’s powerful, strong and fights with two massive weapons at once — a perfect fit.

Warcraft Characters

There are some WoW characters I could actually see in Soul Calibur. I have narrowed the field to 6 and some of these would work as console based pairs as well.

Malfurion Stormrage

Outfits: Cataclysm Malfurion [1P], Vanilla Malfurion [2P]
    Weapons: Shan’do Staff [1P/2P], Staff of the Verdant Circle, Atiesh, Dragonwrath, Balance of Souls (similar to Embrace of Souls)
    Joke Weapon: Giant Pen
    Fighting Style: Malfurion’s fighting style is all but bereft of defense and relies on quick strikes and a particular move that stops opponents briefly while doing no damage.
    Stage: Grove of Aessina
    Basic Story:
    With Ragnaros pushed back and Hamuul Runetotem returned, Malfurion did not hesitate when Ysera the Awakened called upon him. Her words were dreamy but what she thought made sense: they did not have the power to avert the Hour of Twilight, not as they were. Ysera had, in her dreams, felt another world that was ravaged by weapons of good and evil. Yet Ysera felt that if the weapons were balanced and brought to their world they could be used against Deathwing and end the strife of both worlds.

Thrall
    Outfits: Cataclysm Thrall [1P], Warchief Thrall [2P]
    Weapons: Warhammer [1P/2P], Sulfuras, Val’anyr, Gorehowl, Doomhammer
    Joke Weapon: Thrall’s Ball (a green disco ball mace)
    Fighting Style: Thrall is far slower than most people but does not hit extraordinarily hard, what he does have is massive directional range.
    Stage: Maelstrom Rock
    Basic Story:
    Timelines are finicky things. When Thrall and various adventurers went back to the War of the Ancients to retrieve the Dragon Soul the great Shaman was hurtled into the Well of Eternity — yet he did not find himself on the Burning Legion homeworld, though the device that brought him here may never be known. Thrall knew his connection to the spirits of Azeroth were not severed, yet the world blocked his way home and screamed to him of its hurts — perhaps he was the only one who could listen — and the weapons that caused them.

First Pairing: Malfurion [PS3] & Thrall [360]

Garrosh Hellscream

Outfits: Cataclysm Garrosh [1P], Wrath Garrosh [2P]
    Weapons: Garadar Axe [1P/2P], Worldcarver, Bryntroll, Shadowmourne, Gorehowl
    Joke Weapon: Clever Mouth (an axe shaped like a pair of purple lips)
    Fighting Style: Garrosh has reach but prefers not to use it. Instead he likes his combat close quarters and brutal.
    Stage: Ring of Valour
    Basic Story:
    After the Trolls of Zul’Aman and Zul’Gurub had been so thoroughly defeated, it did not surprise Garrosh to hear that the Zandalari were sending ambassadors to seek peace. Garrosh’s cheer did not last as the envoys showed themselves as Faceless agents of Deathwing; all they said was “It is easier to send you away than to kill you.” Garrosh immediately found himself set upon by an enemy who asked kept asking about a sword. Before Garrosh killed his enemy he asked him about the sword he was so obsessed with. Hearing the tale of the two swords, he set out hoping these swords could send him home before the Alliance to advantage of his absence.

Varian Wrynn
    Outfits: Kingly Armour [1P], Lo’Gosh [2P]
    Weapons: Shalla’tor [1P/2P], Fordragon Balde, Quel’Serrar, Gladiator, Shalamayne
    Joke Weapon: Oversized Dragon Fang
    Fighting Style: Varian is a gladiator-style fighter with quick movement and heavy slashes.
    Stage: Stormwind Courtyard
    Basic Story:
    A supposed ambassador from Stromgarde had arrived at Stormwind claiming that there was good news in the fight against the Forsaken. Varian’s cheer did not last as the envoys showed themselves as Faceless agents of Deathwing; all they said was “It is easier to send you away than to kill you.” Varian soon found himself in a strange world and as he told people of his plight, they told him rumours of a set of legendary swords that may have the power to send him home. Not wishing to leave the Horde any chance to exploit his absence, he set off immediately.
    Note: Technically Varian’s 1P/2P weapons would be Shalla’tor and Ellemayne but the games use one name. Gladiator is actually the Elite Ruthless Gladiator’s Longsword

Second Pairing: Garrosh [PS3] & Varian [360]

Basic Story: Both Varian and Garrosh were attacked by agents of Deathwing and sent to another world in hopes of weakening both the Horde and the Alliance. Now they are stuck in this new world with hopes that two legendary swords will have the power to send them home. But will they cross paths and more importantly, if one finds the swords would they return to Azeroth alone and use the weapons to crush the other faction or would they allow their counterpart to return and allow the wars to continue.

Tirion Fordring
    Outfits: Paladin T6 [1P], Paladin T10 [2P]
    Weapons: Ashbringer [1P/2P], Shalamayne, Ashkandi, Glorenzelg, Soulbringer
    Joke Weapon: Wing and a Prayer (Giant wing shaped sword)
    Fighting Style: Tirion likes to use big arching swings to fully utilize his reach.
    Stage: Crusader’s Coliseum
    Basic Story:
    Though The Lich King had killed the heroes who had fought their way up to his throne, Tirion saw his chance to defeat him. His strike should have destroyed Frostmourne and the souls within it should have destroyed the Lich King; yet instead of shattering the Runeblade the Highlord was filled with intense pain. He woke an indeterminate time later, sword still in hand, in a world that was not his own. As the Highlord sought information he soon heard of two legendary swords, not dissimilar to Ashbringer and Frostmourne, and likely the only objects with the power to return him to Azeroth before it fell to the Lich King’s legions.
    Note: Soulbringer is a fusion of Soul Calibur and Ashbringer, as their natures are so similar that that was possible.

Arthas Menethil
    Outfits: Death Knight [1P], Paladin [2P]
    Weapons: Frostmourne [1P/2P], Aesir’s Edge, Thunderfury, Quel’Delar, Frost Edge
    Joke Weapon: Giant Icicle
    Fighting Style: Arthas has a fighting style based around big slams and pommel strikes despite his potential reach.
    Stage: The Frozen Throne
    Basic Story:
    Tirion had surprised him and in almost any case Tirion should have destroyed Frostmourne; instead the powers of Ner’zhul left the Helm of Domination and saved the body and the sword, yet warped them as well. The Helm was now powerless and he found himself in a strange new world. He heard rumours of two swords, one that would be his bane and the other not unlike Frostmourne. He set out for this new sword in hopes it could re-empower the now powerless helm; whether or not he could use it to return to Azeroth was moot, there was a perfectly good world before him.

Final Pairing: Tirion [360] & Arthas [PS3]
    Basic Story: When Tirion broke free of his icy prison his attack should have shattered the mighty runeblade Frostmourne. Instead both Tirion and Arthas were transported to a strange new world by the power of Ner’zhul, though his power then left the Helm of Domination. It did not take long until rumours of two swords, not unlike their own, found the two warriors. Arthas set out to restore his Helm and conquer a new world, while Tirion set out to save his own.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the games story sake, which is one of the few fighters that really puts an emphasis on a story for it, I prefer it when they don't put in the extra guest characters but when they do I prefer it that they at least stick to other video game characters like Link and Kratos and not non-game media characters like Spawn or Darth Vader.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Arishok would be amazing..

the Ezio guy fits the universe as well.

What miss is a fist fighting character.. We need Akuma in my opinion. My issue is that the last soul calibur wasn't really amazing to me so I'm worried about how they're going about this new one. My favorite thing about that series was the story mode rts type thing from I think it was 3?.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post

What miss is a fist fighting character.. We need Akuma in my opinion. My issue is that the last soul calibur wasn't really amazing to me so I'm worried about how they're going about this new one. My favorite thing about that series was the story mode rts type thing from I think it was 3?.
    Yeah, it's from 3 and that mode was awesome. It reminded me a bit of Orge Battle 64 (one of my favorite games), the problem is that I suck at Soul Calibur 3 -_-

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad this game is SO DAMN REPETITIVE. I got so sick of Soul Calibur... 2, I think it was. Maybe? Idk. Please let me know if it has gotten any better... it was cool at first, but it seriously got old FAST.

The FINAL BATTLE The FINAL BATTLE The FINAL BATTLE The FINAL BATTLE The FINAL BATTLE The FINAL BATTLE The FINAL BATTLE The FINAL BATTLE The FINAL BATTLE The FINAL BATTLE The FINAL BATTLE The FINAL BATTLE The FINAL BATTLE.

As my uncle put it so many years ago... "so which one is the real final battle?"

And seriously, WHICH ONE?!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Yeah, it's from 3 and that mode was awesome. It reminded me a bit of Orge Battle 64 (one of my favorite games), the problem is that I suck at Soul Calibur 3 -_-
    yeah I can just imagine if they took that mode and expanded upon it. The problem with fighting games today is that developers don't seem to think more content is needed than arcade mode.

yeah I can just imagine if they took that mode and expanded upon it. The problem with fighting games today is that developers don't seem to think more content is needed than arcade mode.
    Yeah, it's why I was pleasantly surprised by Blazblue Continuum Shift, there is a legitimate story mode (with tons of dialogue and options on how to go through it) and a mode somewhat similar to the mode from Soul Calibur 3. Can't really do a ton gameplay wise (unless you go back to the old TMNT levels beating up vaults or cars or something like that), but having different options on how you play gives the game so much more replayability (beyond beating up the computer over and over, which is satisfying by itself).

Tirion Fordring

You know, I've actually been thinking about that. Would love to see Tirion Fordring kick some ass in SC. There's quite a few WoW characters that would make good fighters for SC, but as you titled this thread, its all just a dream. Still a person can dream lol and I would like to dream about Tirion Fordring fighting Astaroth or Voldo.

If they actually brought Ezio into SCV I would buy it in a heartbeat. That was some impressive story twisting to fit him into the game as well as his combat breakdown.

Shale would be win too. Love her. She reminded me a lot of HK from kotor. She could work well in SC too, especially the way you've scripted her in.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see Kratos, personally.

He was awesome :3

On a somewhat related note, I'd love to see a fighting game that let you play as Ceras Victoria.

I know this is off topic but I just want a normal playable taki back I used to kick ass with her

I could not possibly agree with you any more about them needing more than an Arcade Version and thanks to the semi-RTS feature I spent WAY more time play Soul Calibur 3 than I ever did 4.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    I'd like to see Kratos, personally.

He was awesome :3

On a somewhat related note, I'd love to see a fighting game that let you play as Ceras Victoria.
    Wow was I ever glad to see Kratos Aurion and not Kratos from God of War (I really don't like the character). See the issue with Kratos — really the issue with any character — is fighting style. I wanted to add Kratos honestly, but I couldn't think of how to make his fighting style all that different from the regular cast of players. This also why, despite the developer saying he wanted them, I didn't add any Final Fantasy characters; Cloud and Sephiroth are cool and obvious but aren't that different from Mitsurugi and Siegfried, Zidane seems very close to Yun-Seong, etc...
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Deleted
    They did not increase her size, but they did make Ivy's age "stopped aging at 32", just like I had called it when I first heard there will be another timeskip. Oh showbusiness, never change, you magnificent hypocritical bastard.

I just want Cassandra. Getting your characters replaced because "too old lol, can't have an OLDER WOMAN in a game, that's like GROSS, dude"... sucks.

tbh soul caliber went off the radar for me after the sad disapoint that was 4 :/

4 was with yoda and darth vader right?

Deleted
    None, Guest characters ruin the soul calibur game.

Coming from my sick twisted gamer dreams, I could see Jax from League of Legends making an awesome character in Soul Calibur. Fighting with a giant lamppost, you can't deny that would be badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why Link's on the list, considering he's already been in Soul Calibur (2).

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysmic Skyris View Post
    tbh soul caliber went off the radar for me after the sad disapoint that was 4 :/

4 was with yoda and darth vader right?
    Yes, those were embarrassing Guest Characters... I can accept a lot, but weapons shown to cut through steel do not make sense in that setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Not sure why Link's on the list, considering he's already been in Soul Calibur (2).
    Doesn't mean he can't come back.
    Last edited by Faerillis; 2011-09-26 at 03:03 AM.

I'd love to see Raiden and Pyramid Head. I'm honestly surprised Cloud isn't in it- being that Soul Calibur is like the Super Smash of Playstation/Xbox except with blade wielders.

But honestly if Yoshimitsu doesn't return I'm going to rage, he was my main character, while every asshole played Mitsurgi I'd stomp the shit out of them with Yoshimitsu, pure taunting character, and his Japanese VA was none other than Norio Wakamoto, you don't get any better than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Doesn't mean he can't come back.
    Nope. Link would never feature on any other console other than a Nintendo. Unless SC5 was somehow on the Wii, then they might do it, other than that the only reason Link was ever in SC2 was because it was on GC- and he was only exclusive to the GC version.
    Last edited by Borfl; 2011-09-26 at 03:29 AM.