Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightc2k View Post
    50/50? No way Alterac Valley is balanced.
    Stupidity=/=unbalanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    The only battleground that is blatantly unbalanced is AV in favor of alliance. Any other battleground loss is just your team sucking, and the AV disadvantage isn't even hard to overcome.
    I disagree, if Horde protect the first bunker with 15-20 people and hold of for a few minutes, Horde pretty much stomp the shit out of Alliance all the time.

Bearing in mind that they never do that and just rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Khargillian View Post
    Bearing in mind that they never do that and just rush.
    Except they rush to the wrong spot. lol EVERYONE TO BELINDA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Except they rush to the wrong spot. lol EVERYONE TO BELINDA!
    Pretty much. I do miss the old AV. I don't think i've seen anyone fighting in the Field of Strife in about 4 years

Deleted
    thats mine (4 pg)
    AV 308 played -- 170W -- 138L
    AB 757 played -- 403W -- 354L
    BfG 133 played -- 94W -- 39L
    Eye 517 played -- 252W -- 265L
    Strand 491 played -- 255W -- 236L
    Twin 119 played -- 77W -- 42L
    WG 748 played -- 395W -- 353L
    IoC 259 played -- 89W -- 170L

1735W -- 1597L
    it is 51-52% win ratio
    We suck in IoC btw

Grass is always greener...

I will burn your soul.

The paid faction change option pretty much ruined the little balance that we had. Maybe free faction change on unbalanced servers is the solution?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleyond View Post
    The paid faction change option pretty much ruined the little balance that we had. Maybe free faction change on unbalanced servers is the solution?
    They dont care about pvp balance and u think they let free transfer yours pg for pvp? too much money lost

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Please explain.
    +1 trolling for you mate.

honestly, this is even being discussed? Op never explained what he's talking about, pvp, lore, nothing...

I find it funny how half of the thread is about BGs, and the other half is about lore progression.

Deleted
    Pvp forum...why he should talk about lore?

The "Battles in the Last Year" graph is basically this month's scan minus the results of last year's scan. Deleted/transfered characters were removed from the stats.
    /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Try getting a few people to play defence. Makes more of a difference than you'll believe.
    If you play defense like you should some jerk will flag you as AFK. Seen it happen to many times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navant View Post
    I play horde.
    Recently, I started keeping track of BG wins/losses and so far, this is what I've seen so far...
    Isle of Conquest (26 matches) 21 wins 5 losses (did many because it was the holiday weekend for this BG)
    EotS (1 match) 1 win 0 losses
    BfGilneas (4 matches) 1 win 3 losses
    AB (3 matches) 0 wins 3 losses
    AV (2 matches) 1 win 1 loss
    TP (1 match) 0 wins 1 loss
    WSG (2 matches) 1 win 1 losses
    SotA (1 match) 0 wins 1 loss

I just started the tallying this past weekend... so far, we are at 25 wins 15 losses
    Strangely, the entire reason why I started tallying is because I got tired of losing and wanted to keep track of how bad we are. Now that I am tallying, I am finding we are not doing so bad.
    You know wow does this for ya right? Wowarmory -> yourself -> achievements -> statistics
    Alterac Valley battles 323
    Alterac Valley victories 184 (57%)
    Arathi Basin battles 750
    Arathi Basin victories 380 (51%)
    Battle for Gilneas battles 292
    Battle for Gilneas victories 172 (59%)
    Eye of the Storm battles 384
    Eye of the Storm victories 190 (49%)
    Strand of the Ancients battles 330
    Strand of the Ancients victories 158 (48%)
    Twin Peaks battles 235
    Twin Peaks victories 134 (57%)
    Warsong Gulch battles 851
    Warsong Gulch victories 447 (53%)
    Isle of Conquest battles 269
    Isle of Conquest victories 141 (52%)
    Battlegrounds played 3,300
    Battlegrounds won 1,506 (46%)

These are mine of my main (Alliance), still a small sample size. MMO Champ posted some statistics of 1000 (?) players a few months ago. The BG's are pretty balanced except for maybe AV (terrain slightly favors Alliance).

Deleted
    yesterdays Battle of Gilneas was terrible on Horde !
    10 Bg´s an maybe 2 Healers overall

My personal experience with BGs is that each faction dominates certain days and hours. If you're REALLY only losing (as Navant thought and then realized he was not) shift your play time, until you find the one where Horde shines and Alliance sucks.

BTW, nice idea from Maples. Mine translates like that:
    Alterac Valley 39/71 (55%)
    Arathi Basin 18/31 (58%)
    Battle for Gilneas 1/2 (50%)
    Eye of the Storm 11/17 (68%)
    Strand of the Ancients 12/22 (55%)
    Twin Peaks 2/4 (50%)
    Warsong Gulch 19/33 (57.5%)
    Isle of Conquest 24/37 (65%)
    Last edited by Buu; 2011-09-23 at 10:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just your battlegroup I'd say. And some others. All of them are different. I bet you there is one battlegroup out there that has close to equal win:loss ratio for horde and alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windle View Post
    Please realize that about 10% has any idea of how AV actually works, you cannot really speak about "balance" if the majority of the players ride around without knowing what a tower/bunker is.

Also the only thing that stays constant in all the BG:s you play is you. I seem to have a 70%+ win ratio in BG:s (horde), I also had 60% on alliance side, I guess it is partially because I try to understand what I need to do to win the BG, instead of spamming the chat with "why we always lose? noobs....".
    Luckily I don't have to bother with random BG's at the moment on my main pvp character (2 pieces short of needing 2.2k+ for upgrades). I've found that trying to (positively) give a tactic at the start while only effective about half the time does tend to help. If it works you tend to get "groupies" who will silence desenters in other BG's they end up in with you for that session and you can build a decent amount of co-operation.
    Soon as it doesn't go so well and you get the one moron "omg, xxxx are just bad, shut up and loose" (xxxxx being alliance or horde depending on the wins) you might as well leave it. I tend to try and go over the moron, call him out and keep things together but yeah, usually not so good.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Counting my death knight and my paladin's battles (both horde), I have played 549 battlegrounds. Almost 70% of those have been won.

Deleted
    Yeah, Horde is losing.

About 50% of the time, give or take a few percentages in either direction.