Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    OT: I have witnessed an IT company's chef cook answering phones and telling people if the green light is on everything's alright. Those kind of individuals are everywhere

Off topic, it is almost impossible to get infected by anything unless you do something stupid yourself. This doesn't apply if you are specifically targeted by person/people that are interested in bringing your computer down or similar. But for that, you need to be someone of importance to those people. I don't fall into that category. But if I did, I'm quite sure even if I unplug my PC, or have 73 anti virus software at the same time, my chances would be slim.

Mainstream viruses that target anyone requires something stupid to be done by the person in charge of the "target" pc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you on your moms computer to begin with? don't you have your own?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

IE Is fkn horrible, I can't believe people still us it. Chrome is without a doubt the best I've used so far. Firefox was good but it's glory days are gone. I don't even have any anti-virus software installed on my computer. It's still fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure he said that? Word for word? I'm sure there was some misunderstanding in the statement and he actually meant something along the lines of: "Using any browser, you play the risks of getting viruses based on sites you visit" because if he said to stay away from browsers completely, he's an idiot and needs to be fired.

Deleted
    I have used Chrome for a while now and I love it, easily the best browser imo.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Why are you on your moms computer to begin with? don't you have your own?
    Of course I do. Have you never witnessed your parents using the internet? Tunnel vision questioning works both ways here! :P

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Are you sure he said that? Word for word? I'm sure there was some misunderstanding in the statement and he actually meant something along the lines of: "Using any browser, you play the risks of getting viruses based on sites you visit" because if he said to stay away from browsers completely, he's an idiot and needs to be fired.
    Unfortunately I wasn't at their house when the call occurred. She seems to think he said "Never use Chrome" and, consequently, never uses Chrome.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mava View Post
    Of course I do. Have you never witnessed your parents using the internet? Tunnel vision questioning works both ways here! :P

Unfortunately I wasn't at their house when the call occurred. She seems to think he said "Never use Chrome" and, consequently, never uses Chrome.
    Welcome to the world of family tech support. I do tech support for a living and yet my family still gives me the strange look when I make a suggestion for their computer. Given enough time they should come around to trusting what you, their little darling boy, suggest. Most parents road block is getting over the fact that you are not a child anymore and that you actually might know something.

In any case good luck mate, best thing you can do at this point is have a USB tool box at the ready with the necessary virus removal programs should something arise.