Question Problem installing WoW on Mac OS lion and more (imac)

Hi guys,

I recently purchased this iMac mid 2011 wich is the base model with i5 and the latest os lion version.

The problem is, i had the WoW box dvds wich may install me the version 3.2 before downloads and save me a crapload of time, however, the installation is somehow slow for what i expected for this machine.
    Other than that, once its installed, the downloader start with a 76mb patch that once is done downloading and start installing takes like one hour (??) to patch the game and past that i cannot make the came back on updating, because once i try to enter the game to force the downloader to come out to keep updating, the downloader freezes and never get back on updating.
    (The files that usually takes longer to keep the installation process going is like art.mpq, sound.mpq, world.mpq etc.)
    Never past that point, but also noticed a few freezing if my monitor turn of while installation is running even though the sleep is disabled for the computer itself and its hard drivers.

The iMac is here for like 24 hours and i am experiencing these listed issues and kinda getting frustrated by not seeing all the smooth and neverfreezing mac experienced you guys pointed when i asked what to buy while ago but this may require some adjustment and some right config to get there that i can't do by myself.

I have also, noticed a small leak of light at the bottom left corner of the screen that can only be noticed in a black screen, is that normal? can't even be noticed when not on a black screen and its not that big at all but since its a brand new machine and i just went from pc to mac i am kinda confusing on what to do about all what i listed here.

Hoping for answers asap
    Last edited by Alvorea; 2011-09-23 at 05:13 AM.

Mac

I think you best bet would to Start from scratch and redownload the whole thing, if there is a bug that causes the slowness most likley it will be fixed with the new installer. Also it even might be faster then using disk in stall+ update since your going directly to 4.2. Also you might get a speed boost while having the laptop plugged in. Laptop are going to be slower to install cause most of them have slower hard drives for size/power req.

What you're experiencing with the screen is known as backlight bleeding. They all seem to have it, in the later versions.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    What you're experiencing with the screen is known as backlight bleeding. They all seem to have it, in the later versions.
    and how bad it is? it can't be noticed even on hightest brightness settings other than in a completely black screen

Quote Originally Posted by Alvorea View Post
    and how bad it is? it can't be noticed even on hightest brightness settings other than in a completely black screen
    You mean if it's dangerous for your display, or if it'll get worse? No.
    It will likely annoy you, but it's not super-awful if you only see it while the screen is black. If you notice that the coloration is uneven, even in non-black images, then you'd be better off with a replacement. If not, you're having greater chances of getting a worse display.