Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I agree that this is a good thing.

When a developer rushed a game just because the publisher demands it, it ends up being rubbish. Or at least, the developer is forced to only focus on some stuff before release, rather than polish the entire game. If Blizzard feels that Diablo III needs more time isn't it logical to give them that time rather forcing them to release an unfinished product? I for one want to get my moneys worth, and if that means waiting a bit longer I'll gladly do it.

I have a friend that works at a game development company (not Blizzard) and got into the beta. He said some parts of the game were "okay" but mostly the game "would only be impressive if it had been released about 5 - 6 years ago". Actually, he said that the game was a "joke." So yeah, they have some work to do on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraza View Post
    Would you expect anything else from Blizzard? Seriously now.
    A company says it's not releasing the game this year because they want more time to polish it and make it an overall better game and you bitch? You'd bitch if it came out in 2011 and was buggy. I don't get the deal with people being so hard pressed to complain about everything.

It's not like there's like 15 new titles coming out the in last three months of this year or anything. Clearly those games wont allow you to waste your time until then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Specops View Post
    Was there any official 2011 release date before?
    No.. just hints... Just means they will need a STRONG showing for 4.3 otherwise wow will lose more subs

*~*A true troll, doesn't even realize he is trolling until he sees me behind him with my troll hunting axe

I guess they were not happy with the game and i certainly agree it would not have lived to the expectation (i am in beta). So great call by Blizzard, we will play a master piece.
    Also it will be hilarious to watch D3 sink swtor if 4.3 does not.

I rather the game be complete and done without many flaws then to play a shitty early released game.

1. It's Blizzard, ofc it isn't coming out on time
    2. Blizzard is Blizzard for a reason, GREAT GAMES because they take their time and release them when they're ready.
    3. I'm happy with this, as long as its because they're working on the game further and not waiting for the best time so they get more money.

There was never an official release date, and therefore nothing to "delay".

You can't say it's not "out on time" because there was never a "time".

Quote Originally Posted by Menedude View Post
    There was never an official release date, and therefore nothing to "delay".

You can't say it's not "out on time" because there was never a "time".
    No there wasn't, that's true. But for them to come out and say it's being pushed back means they planned on this year.

Deleted
    I'm sad, I was really hoping to have this by christmas as my husband and I have a week off work afterwards so were going to have us a little powerlevelling marathon... so I'm disappointed. But, they never made any promises and I'd rather get a finished product so I'll just have to find something else to play over christmas

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a bad move. Think swtor will steal a lot of players since it gets released sooner.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    No... it was bad circumstances. I had a very reliable friend for ages and he told me about it... and I went back and asked him a few minutes ago and he said he heard it from a very reliable friend...

...so yeah... just as bad as drugs really. >_<
    Lol, isn't this funny. They announced the release date today being 12/20/2011, when we were just discussing it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard147 View Post
    Lol, isn't this funny. They announced the release date today being 12/20/2011, when we were just discussing it yesterday.
    no, thats SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Sounds like a bad move. Think swtor will steal a lot of players since it gets released sooner.
    I honestly can see SW:TOR being pushed back from that date. Beta is still riddled with bugs from my sources, it wouldn't be the first time games get pushed back.

Blizzard has released several things on a delayed date, if memory serves. And I prefer that they do, give them more time to work out as much kinks and such as possible. Plus it helps build anticipation. :P

I don't know. Both Diablo 1 and 2 still have TONS of bugs and glitches, most of them seriously affecting gameplay.

I wouldn't exactly expect D3 to be any different.

when did diablo 2 come out again? and when was diablo supposed to come out?, next we will hear diablo 3 delayed until 2025 lol.

Deleted
    As long as they make the game as good as the say its going to be, i dont mind waiting another 6-12 months for it

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    It still needs alot of work.
    It doesn't, don't try to sound like a genious
    If fit did it would've been delayed for much more than a few months.

They only delayed it so they wouldn't have to compete with so much stuff that's coming out in the next few months.