Thread: Haste Question

Haste Question

Ok so we all know the gcd cap is 50% haste. We'll never reach lb or lvb's haste cap anytime soon, and there's really no number to go for. But one of my main questions is, if I go over the gcd cap (50%) with say lust, berserking or elemental mastery would it be a waste of dps? Like, say I'm stacked to 70% haste I'm over the gcd cap and probably end up doing lower dps in the long run.

I never know exactly when to pop these and go into mastery ever or just go into haste until oblivion.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it wouldn't be a waste. Because the GCD cap isn't what we're aiming for. When Lightning Bolt reaches 1sec is when haste devalues. The magic number for that is 100% haste.

Edit: Well, I think it's 100%. I could be wrong. Either way, pop them all. POP THEM ALL. At the very least, even if you do cap, you're getting the combination of +15% damage of Elemental Mastery with the stacking haste.
    Last edited by Paf; 2011-09-23 at 05:19 PM.
    mhm? mhm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paf View Post
    No, it wouldn't be a waste. Because the GCD cap isn't what we're aiming for. When Lightning Bolt reaches 1sec is when haste devalues. The magic number for that is 100% haste.
    Haste DOES devalue at the 50% mark, but it's not so much that it's a big worry, since you're only hitting it during Bloodlust/EM. It still retains most of its value right up to the 100% mark.

Also, while EM and Bloodlust is great, it's usually better to not delay EM. Getting an additional Elemental Mastery use in is better than delaying EM to time it with Bloodlust.

Deleted
    As far as I know haste is incrasing the amount of casts in % you are doing each minute.
    This results in the following break downs for the haste caps:

LB = 100% haste (like Paf said)
    LVB = 50% haste
    CL = 50% haste

Or to make it easy: Look at the cast time of the spell without haste, subtract 1 and multiply by 100 to get the amount of haste you need for the cap of this spell.

Since you cast LB most of the time you'll get benefits from haste above 50%. Other spells might not profit. DoTs cast under increased haste can get additional ticks.

EDIT: It might be wise to use additional CDs like EM or Berserk on their own to imrove longer from increased haste below 50%. So don't save them for BL but try to use them more often for maximal benefit.
    Last edited by mmoc1119cb52fe; 2011-09-23 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks for the responses I understand now. See before I thought it was just a waste since I have 3 haste cooldowns (Em, berserking,heroism) blowing all 3 at the same time would have gotten me to 95% haste and didn't know if that was just a waste or not. Now that i know I won't really worry about it much anymore and when you actually think about it when you use everything the second it's off cool-down it evens out your dps anyway.

So anyone worried about this problem there is no haste cap and you'll never reach it. Obviously if your haste is over 100% there'd be no added benefit but for this to happen we would need 35% haste unbuffed + wrath of air + elemental mastery + berserking + bloodlust = 110%. So in that situation it would be better to save berserking so you don't go over the 100%. Because honestly, what good is haste over 100%?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nythion View Post
    Because honestly, what good is haste over 100%?
    Keeps making your DoTs tick faster. But that's about it.