Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Ritual of doom was actually kind of good at the start of wotlk...

The best part about the ritual in TBC was that it looked exactly like the soul well.
    Lock -- My Main
    Druid -- My Alt

It proved to be a flavour ability, which I will admit warlocks are now lacking but it had too many flaws.
    The reliance on the group summon made it an out of combat summon only, something which is only practical for utility like summons or a soulwell not a dps tool.
    The singe magic damage was a more useful tool than it appeared, actually offering a means of breaking physical CC's which would be broken by damage.
    That was just deemed to be far too powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastic_Dreamer View Post
    Yeah, because we all know that people besides rogues will want a dagger with agility on it...and we all know that just because most classes can equip daggers anybody who isn't a rogue doing the quest chain will get so much hate for even thinking about doing it >.>

So tell me again how it's not a CLASS quest line?

Either way, with that mentality I might as well go for it on my warlock...since you know, they use daggers and it's not *cough* a class chain quest.
    If more than 2 classes can actually do the quest, then it isnt a class specific one.

I remember doing my ritual of doom quest in TBC on my warlock. That stuff was soo annoying I held off on doing it after the grueling experience that is the Dreadsteed of Xoroth quest for a whole year.

My guildies still used to Ritual Roulette in Wrath, although we would do it with 4 lowbie alts so there was a damn good chance someone would die. One of those flavor abilities that classes had that were SO impractical, but so much fun to pull out when waiting for everyone to show up at the raid. I like what they've done with it now. Infernals and Doomguards are actually useful for the first time ever in Cata. No good when your Infernal or DG would suddenly turn on you mid-boss like in Vanilla
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

And now I miss having Ritual of Doom and having random saps in battlegrounds helping me summon.

Nostalgia thread, y u no literally take me back in time?

Quote Originally Posted by Humungo View Post
    Hey anyone remember this ability? It was obtained by an obscure quest line back in BC right before Wrath came out it kind of sucked as we were all level 70 and the pet infernal and doomguard both capped at 60
    Think I died a little inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoftuna View Post
    Think I died a little inside.
    Ya, his way-back-machine didn't go far enough.

You needed a competent and well geared group to get deep enough into the demon-brair patch to even reach the quest giver back in vanilla.

Hooray for the post Dire Maul patch, and the hours of travel back and forth we had to endure!
    Last edited by Ozteck; 2011-09-25 at 07:26 PM.

Deleted
    Nah, they won't add epic class specific quest chains anymore. Pity if you ask me. They say the chains are for too little people to be worth it. But... so many people have more than 1 max level character and we have >10M players. How is a few million players too little? But alas, there'll probably be lots of epic quest chains that are for everyone in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked it, I thought it was pretty funny haha (the part with the random person dying)
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2011-09-25 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cywang86 View Post
    Correction, the quest was already out during vanilla, but since the difficulty was on the same scale as the hunter bow without the epic rewards, only a few people ever finished it.
    Was gonna say this...glad I read lol.

I was one of the very few on my server in Vanilla to have this. It was so much fun to drop this in groups of people who didn't know what it was, and watching one of them dying from it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    I love long quest lines as well but Blizzard already stated they won't implement more class specific quests.
    There are though. There are two warlock quests where you get a class specific helm (Horns) and a weapon (a Scythe) and two Rogue quests where you get daggers and armor (from the Shattered hand).

Ritual of Doom was not a BC talent it was a lvl 60 vanilla spell and it was a great quest back then. Sadly when BC came down the quest lost most of the epic feeling, and when WoTLK came out it was pretty much gone...

It also used to take 5 party members to summon your doomguard, they all had to channel on the doomwell and upon the doomguards summoning someone would die as a sacrifice to the demon, the warlock had to quickly enslave the doomguard as it was not under it's command. Sometimes the warlock would be the target of the sacrifice and would have to either soulstone up or be ressed by a 2nd party.

I miss the days of Demonic Roulette...

Deleted
    The ritual quest wasn't so hard. You could bring friends, among which a hunter who could trap and conc shot the Doomguard while you were channeling.
    I actually used it a few times back in MC to get a bit more dps on new bosses.
    When Wrath hit I also used it on Patchwerk, like most other locks that were going for top scores. By then the sacrifice part was long gone though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    There are though. There are two warlock quests where you get a class specific helm (Horns) and a weapon (a Scythe) and two Rogue quests where you get daggers and armor (from the Shattered hand).
    Those for each class were implemented with Cata, that's right, but they won't do any more long quest lines like the ones we had for our mount, hunters for Rhok'Delar, priests for Benediction aso.
    Those small quests (mostly just one part anyway) are nice and all but they won't do those awesome and long lines because it's too much trouble.