is my computer the reason for my fraps fps

i have a i5 2500k and MSI GTX 560Ti hawk, and running fraps with 60fps in game and on the fraps settings, but its really juttery if you know what i mean like every 5 seconds itll have a split second pause its not smooth, now i have noticed my ram is at 79% could it be that? i have 4gb of 1600mhz G.skill. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Deleted
    could be that your harddrive is having a hard time. Are you letting fraps put the recorded files on a different drive?

Problem is probably too slow/full harddisc. Your processor and RAM is fine, but capping at 60fps requires really fast disc access too.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    I would set it to 30fps anyway but if you insist on 60 fps you might need a faster HDD or SSD to record onto.

alright let me try a 30fps game, i just figured id set it at max lol. back soon thanks guys

Deleted
    Are you recording to the same drive that Fraps and WoW is located on? If yes, there's your answer. For recording 1080p video with Fraps at 60fps you need a HDD that can handle ~70Mb constant data stream (note: write, not read). If it can't, you will get very choppy framerate.

Are you recording to the same drive that Fraps and WoW is located on? If yes, there's your answer. For recording 1080p video with Fraps at 60fps you need a HDD that can handle ~70Mb constant data stream. If it can't, you will get very choppy framerate.
    I will agree, it is most likely your hard drive that is the bottleneck, I ran into the same problem recently, I used to use a WD 2tb Green drive for recording which worked fine but then I upgraded my computer and formatted my system but for some reason now it gitters when recording so I have to record to my RAID0 and all is well.

it works perfect with 30fps and yes its to the same drive, i might invest in a second one, due to the files being so frickin big before theyre edited lol, thanks for your help guys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetuss View Post
    it works perfect with 30fps and yes its to the same drive, i might invest in a second one, due to the files being so frickin big before theyre edited lol, thanks for your help guys
    I would strongly advise to get a second drive only for Fraps recordings. You are more or less maxing out your HDD capacity at this point by both reading WoW game files, the occasional Windows file etc from the HDD while at the same time writing pretty much a large quantity of data to it. A Samsung Spinpoint F3 500Gb should suffice for all your Frapsing needs.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-09-24 at 12:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I would strongly advise to get a second drive only for Fraps recordings. You are more or less maxing our your HDD capacity at this point by both reading WoW game files, the occasional Windows file etc from the HDD while at the same time writing pretty much a large quantity of data to it. A Samsung Spinpoint F3 500Gb should suffice for all your Frapsing needs.
    I would second this, 100%

You want FRAPS recording to a separate HDD to avoid clogging the read/write of the drives.