Should I just give up...?

...when I encounter a geared healer alone?

Taking one down just feels like an exercise in futility lately. I'm a Frost DK with mostly Vicious/couple Ruthless and it feels like I can never take a decent healer down past 100k health. I can whack at them all day and they barely go down, even when I stack on the Necrotic Strikes quite liberally. I feel demoralized just looking at a holy paladin with more health than I do.

Would it be an unreasonable decision to simply just walk away from that?

There is one healer that you can beat 1v1. (Disc Priest)
    It will be a long fight, but they will eventually run out of mana and die.
    Other healers have very nice mana regen abilities (MUCH better than Disc Priests) and will make you waste your time.
    Holy priests might be in the same boat...not sure.

Don't remember when I've actually killed a disc priest, though it's been a while since I've fought one 1v1. Feels like every healer I run across these days is a holy paladin.

Fought one of those the other day. After five minutes of fighting he managed to bring himself to full mana. Made me want to cry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killing a healer is less about out damaging them and way, way more about out playing them. Blizzard has said for a while that balance means that 1v1 straight damage vs healing that 1 DPS shouldn't be able to kill a healer. Factor in EH gains from resilience and yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    Don't remember when I've actually killed a disc priest, though it's been a while since I've fought one 1v1. Feels like every healer I run across these days is a holy paladin.

Fought one of those the other day. After five minutes of fighting he managed to bring himself to full mana. Made me want to cry.
    Feels like every healer I run across these days is a holy paladin
    Fought one of those the other day.
    I see what you did there.... Just another Paladin whine thread people, nothing to see here... Moving along!
    My Youtube Channel | My Character | My Blog
    Steel your heart and your soul will shine brighter than a thousand suns. The enemy will falter at the sight of you. They will fall as the light of righteousness envelops them!