Will an SSD make fps spikes disappear?

Say aoeing and 25 man recount, would an SSD make the fps spikes disappear during said phases / actions?

Deleted
    No, it wouldn't. An SSD would only (drastically) reduce load times.

Whats your computer specifications?

Deleted
    unless your HDD is extremely fragmented and it is slowly collapsing at the same time , id say that you got a gpu/cpu issue

so no

No, the only difference you will notice with an SSD are things like load time between zones and start up for wow. This is because read speeds are faster for an SSD.

If you want better FPS you need a better video card, perhaps a CPU but more likely the video card.

Deleted
    I not an expert on computers, but I highly doubt it.

SSD will improve boot time, opening the game, loading screen times. That's about it. I can't see it making fps spikes disappear.
    I have the same problem, which most likely comes from my bad CPU.

Nope, it will however make you the fastest one to enter a bg =)

Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    Nope, it will however make you the fastest one to enter a bg =)
    Idd after I got a SSD disk I'm usually the first to enter a bg and often think I have entered a bg that has just ended since I'm alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Short answer no.

Long answer the reason is due to SSD only affecting program load times. To reduce FPS spikes requires a powerful enough CPU/GPU combo with CPU playing a larger role in World of Warcraft. The CPU will dictate what your minimum FPS is at all times while the GPU will dictate the maximum FPS.

Deleted
    Umm... Hard Disk/Solid State Drives store MPQ files.
    When you are entering raid, everything is being loaded into your RAM and VRAM (Video RAM).
    CPU and GPU use data from RAM and VRAM respectively when everything is loaded.

So no.
    Last edited by mmoc32fbbf5879; 2011-09-24 at 05:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't use SSD for a game such as wow, it will kill your HDD so fast.
    If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people - Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Mth View Post
    How come?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mth View Post
    Going to request some sort of study backing this claim up, as that's what people are using their SSDs for primarily around here, and with no issues doing so.

Deleted
    If you wanna reduce fps lagg make sure you got a good CPU / GPU and that it's got nice cooling installed as well. Overflow of data can suddenly increase the temp of your hardware to levels which make it automatically reduce voltage / clockspeed in order to cool down. That's why you get lagg spikes.

If you're handy with computers I guess you could turn all of these security measures off, but that would endanger your system too and it might overheat and burn down.