Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    1. Give PvP gear a much lower ilvl when related to getting into dungeons. Normal ilvl for stat purposes.
    2. Make class appropriate enchants/gems/etc factor into your ilvl.
    3. Add a 4th loot roll option. The offspec. Below need, above greed/de. Make anything won as offspec unable to be vendored or disenchanted.

Those three changes alone would take away ALOT of headaches with the random finder. Way less terrible players, way less dbags.

The biggest issue i can foresee, with LFR is indeed loot distribution, however, that can be easily fixed (solution found is easy, to implement it hower might be another idea completely idk) Instead of the 4 option we currently have (need, greed, DE(if available), pass), do as the community as been asking for quite a while already and add role strict option on the loot, MS need, OSneed, greed, DE, pass, then the OS need option can only be used for you ACTUAL OS, so let's say you get a prot pally MS holy OS .. he can not in any case roll need on a Str dps item, he can only greed on it, he can however MS need on prot item (if he's tanking) and OS need holy gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafy View Post
    the thing is, if they cannot get a proper gear before getting in a raid, they shouldn't be raiding...
    I mean, it's so freakin easy, you just run ZA/ZG randoms for 2 weeks, and you should be able fill all your slots with 353-359 pieces. some from drops, some from JP (359 tiers) some from VP (T12) etc.
    I just leveled a druid to 85 and 2 weeks I have over 360 ilevel without buying anything...
    there's the quest 365 cloak, run FL trash for rep belt, better cloak, etc... so many options, but people are just lazy.

If they are lazy, they should not be allowed to run raids.
    Does it hurt when people not in your raid group wipe? If the answer is "no" then why do you care about others people ability to play correct? The new LFR feature is specifically made for people who do not have the luxury of being in a guild, do not have a raid group, are too bad to raid in a real guild, ect. Get over it

Quote Originally Posted by Needalight View Post
    Unfortunately, or fortunately for you(since it bothers you so much) Blizzard cannot control how people gear their characters. Blizzard already "dumbed" down the game enough, and some people just refuse to learn. Since you also mentioned that you are 6/7 Heroic, the new easy mode on raids should not affect you at all. Blizzard is giving everyone an equal opportunity so they can clear content. Look at it this way, with 3 difficulty levels, Blizzard will no longer nerf content like it is being nerfed now. You and everyone else who cries about content nerf will no longer need to shed tears of QQ anymore.

BTW. Learn some better english. You sound like a 14 year old kid with all those typos and grammar errors.
    dunno who you addressed that, but keep in mind that this is an international forum and english is not everyone's main language.
    for example I speak 4 languages, and my main isn't english.
    anyway, back on topic, yes Blizz can control if people are geared correctly, buy just making little checkpoints in stats, just like I said:
    if resilience > 0 (you're out)
    if you're not close to hit cap (you're out)
    if you queued as a tank and your crit is over ... 15% for example (you're out)
    there's so many things they can do, but they are as lazy as the people who don't spend 1 hour to read up on their characters.
    Stop standing in fire...

Deleted
    LFR and LFG would have been a great feature if:

- people would be held accountable, with a sense of responsibility. Cross server search killed this, as you can be a douchebag and sabotage the dungeon without any consequence whatsoever. Making the LFR / LFG "your own server only" will force people to behave, because their reputation will follow them on the server. And they'll also have the opportunity to make great friends to raid with instead of total strangers. The queues will be of course longer, but that's a small price to rebuild a sense of community.

- people had to make an effort to start it: at least walk, fly to the instance instead of being teleported to it. Everyone is waiting in Stormwind and when the dungeon fails, it's also back to Stormwind. Then wait some while watching tv and requeue. The more effort people have to put into something the more they feel they have to complete it correctly, because they've already invested some and that effort would have gone to waste.
    Last edited by mmoc8193869699; 2011-09-25 at 08:31 AM. Reason: fixing a few typo's

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
    But is the best way really to lower stuff down to the baddies level? Isn't it better to have a higher bar so that they have to improve to do it?
    Inexperienced and new is not equal to being bad. The true "baddies" will never improve no matter what because that is how they are, and they have no real interest in improving. For people who want to raid but are apprehensive about applying for a guild when they have little or no experience, or people who are unsure of wether they will enjoy raiding or not etc the LFR will be very handy in introducing them to the concept of raiding without them having to join a raiding guild and then possibly saying sorry guys this isn't for me.

This is not "baddie" level, the LFR is simply an easier difficulty. yes it will be faceroll for some people, same as normal mode is atm, but for some people it will be just right as a learning curve and raiding introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    All you do if you have say 7 people and have 3 friends who want to come is this:

1) enter LFR
    2) Tell the 3 random people your refusing to do anything untill they leave or brb 6h's need to poo poo
    3) they leave
    4) invite 3 friends.
    5) profit.

Or you can enter and just say your gonna kick them before loot or just kick them for no real reason.
    well.. there is a flaw in this since LFR is 25 mans only

"Looking for Raid is a fail, before Blizzard really implanted it. "

Yea, that sounds like a wise opinion.

This soup tastes bad. I don't need to taste It to know it, it's just bad. Am I following your way of thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Needalight View Post
    The new LFR feature is specifically made for people who do not have the luxury of being in a guild, do not have a raid group, are too bad to raid in a real guild, ect. Get over it
    if they are too bad to raid, why do you think they can kill a raid boss, even if none of the attacks can 1 shot you?
    how many times you seen people stand in green shit in ZA?
    how many times you seen people getting hit by rocks? (geez can't dodge some stupid rocks)
    how many times you seen people not being able to stand on chains? (wtf that's hard...)
    .... cannot stand under lightning crap on the first boss in ZA
    .... jumping in the lava wall on the 3rd boss in ZA
    .... should I tell you more?
    Stop standing in fire...

Quote Originally Posted by Rafy View Post
    I just leveled a druid to 85 and 2 weeks I have over 360 ilevel without buying anything...
    there's the quest 365 cloak, run FL trash for rep belt, better cloak, etc... so many options, but people are just lazy.

If they are lazy, they should not be allowed to run raids.
    Thing is it's time for Blizzard to get the responsibility to use common sense themselves, since it's not coming from the community they raised.
    I use common sense. Main is a Hunter, capable of Firelands, have a DK Tank and a Shaman Healer, that could run FL Trash, playing with a Mage and a Warrior, with ilvl for Zandalari.
    Only thing is common sense say I'm not skilled enough in neither, and warrior have a long way in gearing before stepping in Zandalari. So I don't step in with any of them. I CAN, I just will not subject strangers to it. If Guildies want to, it's OUR SOLELY PROBLEM.

Now, only if LFR will finally weight status, check gems and enchants, and have a different ilvl restriction on pre-made and random, it will have ANY chance of working. Otherwise less hp and damage at enemies will do CRAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
    But is the best way really to lower stuff down to the baddies level? Isn't it better to have a higher bar so that they have to improve to do it?
    This IS a higher bar. A higher bar compared to heroic dungeons, a higher bar compared to normal dungeons. This will give casuals a way to practice fights before getting into what we know as normal raids, an entry-level raid where you get to practice the mechanics. If anything, this will increase the average raiding experience for everyone involved.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Deleted
    This is a typical whinging post from a person that expects every person to study their class 100% know everything there is to know about the game. Unfortunately there are many variables.. could be young kid.. could be a person without any time to research as such.. could be any number of things, yet you should have the right to remove him from your group because he isnt as progressed or have less time in the game as you put in? use your noodle man. If you want an group that geared, chanted and reforged appropriately look on server and put in the time yourself and dont opt for the LF raid system.

LFD ruined so much and made a perfect tool for rude and immature people to behave as they like. LFR, dont even go there, it will be moar dots all over again
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?!"
    X: "Nothing"

All you stated there were player issues, and nothing unique to the raid/dungeon finder.
    Blizzard can't stop players equipping bad gear.
    Both LFD and the upcoming LFR give those of us with time commitment issues the ability to see content we otherwise could not.
    If we can't commit the time at the sociable hours then it is otherwise unavailable to us.
    Therefore as much as that has the potential for utterly awful players as does any pug, I welcome its addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Armida View Post
    LFD ruined so much and made a perfect tool for rude and immature people to behave as they like. LFR, dont even go there, it will be moar dots all over again
    LFD is fine, just the players using it.
    Gearscore was fine, until players misused it.
    Achievements were fine, until players misused them.

Rude and Immature players will be just that however you meet them.
    If you want to dictate who is in a group then go pug it yourself.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2011-09-25 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleblonde View Post
    This is a typical whinging post from a person that expects every person to study their class 100% know everything there is to know about the game. Unfortunately there are many variables.. could be young kid.. could be a person without any time to research as such.. could be any number of things, yet you should have the right to remove him from your group because he isnt as progressed or have less time in the game as you put in? use your noodle man. If you want an group that geared, chanted and reforged appropriately look on server and put in the time yourself and dont opt for the LF raid system.
    Are you serious? Why those people should expect to accomplish anything, if they don't do what the game is MADE FOR? Once they are IN the game they must follow the rules. I'm imagining you playing chess... "But I haven't the time to memorize the movement of all pieces. Why can't we play with 3 people? The knight can't do a V movement instead of L?"
    Yeah... right.
    Last edited by Buu; 2011-09-25 at 08:46 AM.

I'm genuinely confused about why anyone who is in a successful raiding guild cares about this feature. Even saying that it's to gear up alts doesn't make sense. Run the new 5 mans, do FL, whatever. This LFR feature is not necessarily a stepping stone to getting alts geared up. If you're a decent raider now, you'll have gear to progress into the next tier. No need to ever step foot into LFR if you're so convinced it's a flop.

Honestly, guys. The forums are always filled with raiders crying about how non-raiders get the same gear they do, even without raiding. Now, they WILL get to experience a watered down raid and earn rewards that are, across the board, not as nice and shiny as yours.

Of course some of these players will be horrible. Some of them will be people who don't have a guild. Some of them will be people who don't have time to raid anymore. But in each and every case, it's the risk they're (both bad and decent players) taking by using this sort of feature. Some of you folks are yelling for penalties for players who refuse to or aren't capable of improving their play. This is it. They are not promised, like most people in a stable raiding guild, a successful, rewarding experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest fear with the LFR system, the vote kick system. If they have a non stupid vote kick system, then I will be spamming it with my alts whilst my main is off smashing heroic.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Another thing Blizz could do, is finally get rid of that supid Heroic instance lock out :\ IF they would do it, they could EASILY put all the instance in the exact same lot (for random i mean) So the one with less skill/less time to devote would prolly stick to running random and barely ever see the harder dungeon, yet those who really want to improve their toon would mainly run specific dungeon to go after the gear they want instead of everyone queing for the harder heroic just to cap their VP for the week :\

beside, last i check, normal mode are usually tuned for people geared with the last tier on normal mode, with the 3 brand new dungeon, the ilvl spoken of of the item dropping in there is supposed to be somewhere along the line of 380-385, wich mean, if you run the 3 new dungeon over and over again, you will be EXTREMELY overgearing the new easy difficultie raid (wich i assume might be tuned for people in Ilvl 360-370 or so)

and they probably will be doing something like T11 post nerf for the easy raid, yes the mechanics are still there, but you can lag your ass off in it and still kill the damn thing withouth too much trouble as long as you finally get the hell out of fire or you're healer simply heal trhough it lol

Oh yeah, they could also add in the loading tips a note saying : If you want to improve your gameplay, feel free to check out some of the fan base site and maybe even link to some of 'em (like MMO-C, elitist jerk and a few more id needed who cares) .. just stating that as a tooltip might get more people to actually start to read on their toon
    Last edited by Elggur; 2011-09-25 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Ok, I understand English isn't your main language, but the suggestions you give are very flawed.
    -Resi > 0 your out? Well, seeing as PvP gear has huge core stats like Str/Agi/INt etc, and if a player has his hit cap and other such caps, a couple of pieces of PvP Gear can raise DPS a lot. Also, PvP gear does contribute a lot, but I have seen some players in PvP gear doing 22k+ in instances. Are you going to dump that playuer purely due to his gear, and get someone driblling whilst doing 7k dps?

- Not everyone gets close to hit cap, and if your demanding this of players your breaking the cardinal rule of business like this. Giving the customer Freedom. If you start dictataing to them how to create their gear, you lose subs.
    - Over 15% crit as a tank? So how does that work for Bears then? Or DKs? You cannot set limitations on players for queuing for things.

There are tihngs they CAN do, but the suggestions you have given are utterly ludicrous. Blizzard have done really all they can do, and ultimately it isn't their fault, but the communities as to why LFG is so bad.
    doesn't matter if pvp gear crit and haste and all that crap on it.
    the thing is they will lose out on a lot of stats.
    if you compare a pvp and pve character with equal ilevel, which one will perform better?
    resilience helps with nothing at all in a dungeon or raid.
    Stop standing in fire...

And here we have it folks! another complete tosser of a ej and just gave prime expample, I bet you, you were really nasty, swareing and sarcastic to that warlock this morning. did it cross your mind to actually offer him advice for next time? and lets face it one bad dps isn't going to kill your run, you just got everone wound up about it, I bet your one of those ej that carefully inspects every single person in your pugs in 5 mans and points out every possiable flaw you can find, Well grow up your going into a pug youve got to expect people that dont know what their doing / people who equip what ever to get their ilvl up

Its people like you that keep killing this community with your stuck up arrogance

Now back to topic, You cant say its a fail b4 you even tried it. The gear from each boss will be a lower ilvl than normal raid settings and the mechanics are even easier again and probably wont share the same lock out as normal raids (blizzard mentioned) so why are you complaining already mr 6/7 hc? and lets face it any alts that you need gearing your going to get a few guild runs to get the 353 gear then your going to get carried in the bwd to4w bot by your guild
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate