Poll: Which two set do you mean is the strongest?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which tank do you mean got the strongest 2set tier bonus?

This is a thread tied to my thread about the 4 set bonuses for tankses; Which tank do you mean got the strongest 4set tier bonus?

With the preview of the new set bonuses, we could see that blizzard is now trying to make druids, palas and warriors get active mitigation through their 2 set bonuses. Personally i believe that is to test it out, and to then maybe implement it in next expansion / patch.

After they got released you could quickly see posts about the new set bonuses, and that many where unhappy. But, how bad/good are the set bonuses actually. Lets discuss that here. Or, if you simply just wanna vote, then do that. But keep in mind, we are not here to discuss which tank are better than another, but simply which set bonus that gets out to be the best. I'll write a little of what my point of views is.

The druid two set bonus;

The positive side:
    - Savage defense being the druids main mitigation against melee damage buffed by 100% for a long time, whole 25 sec (berserker glyphed), is in my opinion a really strong CD. This can put my druids savage defense on roughly 52k absorb shields.

The negative side:
    - This removes the druid to have the ability for insane cleave if it should happen to tank two - three mobs, and also remove some TPS when it's needed. Not a huge downside as druids still have Swipe and Trash, also maul (glyphed).

The death knight two set bonus;

The positive side:
    - The 2set procc combined with blood tap makes you have only death runes for ~20 sec. Which leaves us out with only spamming Death Strike during their rotation. Or, it simply open for more ability usages. Like bone shield timing etc.
    - If you do have blood tap on CD already, then you just got one more blood tap. Working more or less exactly the same way. Which is in my opinion, still pretty strong bonus.

The negative side:

- The only negative side with this set bonus is that it only proccs when the death knight falls below 35%.

The warrior two set bonus;

The positive side:
    - A really hard hiting ability giving you a absorb shield equaled to 20% of the damage your revenge deals, it's pretty good. Not the best, but still good. If the 20% are based on all the damage revenge deal, then it is a pretty strong 2 set in a situation where the warrior gets to hit more than one target.

The negative side:
    - Personally i believe that 20% is not enough to keep up with the two bonuses mentioned above.

The Paladin two set bonus;

The positive side:
    - You're getting a absorb shield, which is based around a 8 sec CD ability.

The negative side:

- The absorb shield is only 30% of the damage you deal with a really weak ability, Judgement.
    - Since judgement is such a weak ability you will only get ~4k absorb shields from your two set bonus. And that is really weak.

So personally i believe that druids get the strongest two set, and then followed up by death knights. And warriors on a third place, while the paladin two set ends on last place.

My opinion is based on napkin math and my own beliefs. So my opinion is not the correct opinion.

PS; I will make a thread about the 4set if that is wanted.

Regards,
    Morphex.
    Last edited by MorphexEU; 2011-09-25 at 05:18 PM. Reason: grammar

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin and Death Knight seem very lackluster to me so far.

I'm kind of a noob in terms of Feral Tank mechanics, so can't comment that one.

Warrior seems the most solid one to me (excluding druid, as I have a hard time estimating how powerful or not that one is). Not great, but certainly much better than Paladin or DK.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-09-25 at 01:56 PM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

revenge doesnt hit that hard. only a tiny bit more than devastate. my warrior is about 365 prot geared. revenge hits for maybe 10k, and rarely crits.

but still, its better than another stupid threat/dps bonus

savage defense is only 10 secs and there is no glyph for it (unless you meant the glyph for berserk)....

that being said, I think druid 2 set is strongest with warrior as a close 2nd (warrior is probably 1st if it counts all affected targets of revenge and not just your primary target), dk is strong too but relies on being at 35% to activate so its situational even if they do take spikey damage, and prot pally bonus sucks, but then again they probably take the least damage of all the tanks anyways

looking forward to the 4 set thread
    Last edited by Cracka_Bob; 2011-09-25 at 02:08 PM.
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

The warrior 2 set for prot is rather weak.

Due to the way Revenge scales, the ONLY reason we'll be hitting revenge now over Devastate for single target would be to get this absorb.

The 4 set is pretty effin' rockin', however.

I think he was referring to the Berserk Glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    savage defense is only 10 secs and there is no glyph for it (unless you meant the glyph for berserk)....

that being said, I think druid 2 set is strongest with warrior as a close 2nd (warrior is probably 1st if it counts all affected targets of revenge and not just your primary target), dk is strong too but relies on being at 35% to activate so its situational even if they do take spikey damage, and prot pally bonus sucks, but then again they probably take the least damage of all the tanks anyways

looking forward to the 4 set thread

I don't know why you warriors say your Revenge is weak mine constantly is critting for 25k - 40k. Anyway Druid is by FAR the best.

While the druid SOUNDS strong, the fact that SD procs off of a chance on crit makes that set bonus fairly weak, as you are still left praying to the RNG gods for procs. Especially since you'll be mangle spamming during Berserk and your Pulverize will certainly drop off, lowering your SD proc rate even further.

The Warrior and Paladins are going to end up being the most useful, as they are on-demand instead of a proc. Looks like Druids and DKs will be lose to shield tanks in yet another tier of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    Edited slightly to clearify it Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    While the druid SOUNDS strong, the fact that SD procs off of a chance on crit makes that set bonus fairly weak, as you are still left praying to the RNG gods for procs. Especially since you'll be mangle spamming during Berserk and your Pulverize will certainly drop off, lowering your SD proc rate even further.
    You do not need to spam mangle while berserker is up. You can continue your normal rotation. The 2set for druids is really a choice between survival and DPS.

I will also write the 4-set thread later today With you in mind there Crack_Bob :P

---------- Post added 2011-09-25 at 04:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    The negative side is so negative that I don't really see how you come to the conclusion that you do.
    In my opinion a DS when you dip down below 35% is pretty strong. As you then must have taken some heavy damage to fall below 35%, which cause your DS to heal alot. And in addition, if this procc work like blood tap does, then it will active another death rune, if all death runes already are on CD. It's a win. But i must agree, that it only proccs below 35% drags it alot down.

Both Warriors and Paladins get extra absorption on demand I can't really see how that isn't EXACTLY what a tank want.
    Indeed it is. It's what a tank want.

I'm voting Warrior, Pally a little after and Druid is pretty good as well it's a bit more complex so it might be the best..... DK not so much.
    ^^

That 2pc bonus for warriors will be awesome for soloing old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talked to a friend on skype who is currently farming FL HMs, since I am not subbed right now.

He says from his parses than average hits of Judgement with maximum stacked Vengeance are around 12,5k. Hoping for crits is kind of foolish with a crit chance of below 5% and with a hit rating of around 2-3%.... you get the picture.

Yeaah.... great 2 pc for paladins definitely.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Deleted
    the paladin one is imporible to judge due to incoming changes with ret dps which will most likely effect judgement as well which could possibly up it's damg to mean we get similar absorb to wariors.

if jekdin is critting for 25k - 40k which gives him a 5k-8k bubble every revenge(possibl doubled if he hits 2 mobs) which is a 1k absorb per second assuming low crits.

judgement needs to be providing 1k absorb per second which equates to 8k absorb per judge so judge either needs to be criting for 16k at the low end or have it's CD lowered to 6 seconds. 6 as unlike revenge it doesn't require you to "proc" it and can be cast at range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    the paladin one is imporible to judge due to incoming changes with ret dps which will most likely effect judgement as well which could possibly up it's damg to mean we get similar absorb to wariors.

if jekdin is critting for 25k - 40k which gives him a 5k-8k bubble every revenge(possibl doubled if he hits 2 mobs) which is a 1k absorb per second assuming low crits.

judgement needs to be providing 1k absorb per second which equates to 8k absorb per judge so judge either needs to be criting for 16k at the low end or have it's CD lowered to 6 seconds. 6 as unlike revenge it doesn't require you to "proc" it and can be cast at range.
    One can hope.

You're math is invalid since the class patch notes have not been posted yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanserv View Post
    You're math is invalid since the class patch notes have not been posted yet.
    you did read my first 5 words right

also i havn't heard of other classes geting as much of a change as ret pallies are with 4.3

Deleted
    Just read this and try to learn something :
    http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t125290-...1/#post2011880

Play nice or don't play at all.
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2011-09-26 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    lol @ noobs

Just read this and try to learn something :
    http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t125290-...1/#post2011880
    Thats a little rude, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    That 2pc bonus for warriors will be awesome for soloing old content.
    It's going to be very strong for current content too. 20% of your revenge dmg absorbed every 5-8sec is extremely powerful, even if 1 absorb is only 2-3k.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion in regards to the DK 2 piece is that blizzard is trying to say something without saying it, that being that they want us to have a free Death Strike below 35% HP, but instead of writing below 35% HP your next Death Strike is free they come up with some twisted Blood Rune proc that is reliant on Blood Tap to be effective.

Both yes and no. Blood tap does not need another blood tap to work. If timed properly it would look like this; Blood Tap > death strike > death strike > heart strike > death strike > .....

That does not mean the 2set is reliant on blood tap, if you are lucky. But yes, teing it up with blood tap, if you can, it is prolly thes best way to go.