10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...

Can't get Eyefinity resolutions in wow?

Help, I have just set up an eyefinity group across my 2 monitors.. the resolution is 3360 x 1050, Now when I go to WoW I can't get the resolution to go past 1680 x 1050 which is a single screens res.. any ideas?

Are you sure you made an eyefinity group in ccc (amd) and not just extended displays?
    Does your wallpaper fit each monitors, or dies it stretch to fit both

10+ Year Old Account
    its defo an eyefinity group, I can play every other game I've tried in that resolution.. its just wow that won;t play ball and can;t work out why.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do you have WoW set to Windowed or fullscreen?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's weird tho, WoW should AT LEAST support up to bigger than that, 1920x1080 is the minimal limit... I think you have to screw about with some settings some more, maybe WoW didn't detect them? It reminds me of this guy, who had a better graphics card, but his WoW still ran as crappy as it did with the old one, because WoW didn't notice it could do better. Could be similar issue?

Not that that helps, cuz I have no clue how he resolved it anymore.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    not to discourage you but why would you use 2 monitors for eyefinity? The biggest point is your character and anything you do is ALWAYS going to show up right down the middle of your bezels. Eyefinity is 3 monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Heirak View Post
    not to discourage you but why would you use 2 monitors for eyefinity? The biggest point is your character and anything you do is ALWAYS going to show up right down the middle of your bezels. Eyefinity is 3 monitors.
    Because it doesn't just widen your look, it shows more to the left or rights. you could the second monitor to display recount, mini map, omen, etc
    Last edited by sef24; 2011-09-25 at 09:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    been fiddling with it all afternoon, to no avail.. it works with tonnes of other programmes, the only other one I have issuesmwith is borderlands.. I recognises the resolution but shows it waay to big to fit on the screens.. its just plain odd

Disable windowed-mode and try again.
    (I'm assuming windowed since you say it doesn't fit the screen)

You have to use DX9 mode. DX11 won't work at all. They're looking into it.
    If you try to force eyefinity resolutions in DX11, you'll get a horribly stretched 640x480 at 5 FPS instead.

Also, be ready to disable SCT and chat bubbles, and use a mod for nameplates. All of those scale horizontally, not vertically, so on 3x 1920x1080 monitors, they're 3x as large as normal.
    Last edited by Kingoomieiii; 2011-09-25 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    aaaah.. that could be it.. I run everything default in dx11.. so that could be the wow thing.. as for the one thats too big for the screen.. its hugely too big.. not just a bit of clipping off the edge, the entire top half and maybe 20% off each side is missing.

Tried putting it back to fullscreen rather than windowed borderless.. and still had the same issue.. Haven't tried wow yet, will have a crack at that tomorow.
    Last edited by Neotokyo; 2011-09-25 at 10:21 PM.