Poll: What would you do if you saw the woman of your dreams across the bar?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question If you saw the woman of your dreams across the bar...

what would you do?

Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

I wouldn't be at a bar, I don't drink.

Not sure what "hang back" means exactly, but if that means do nothing, then that. Dont go to bars/drink anyway.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard147 View Post
    Sigh, I used the bar as a hypothetical example. Thanks for the smart ass comment though.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Punch myself for assuming, even for a second, that I could base the "woman of my dreams" simply off her physical appearance.

But I guess I would try to approach her and make conversation.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the ONLY good answer is:"I'd go talk to her" why do you even bother asking ?

If you see the woman of your dream and you don't AT LEAST say hi....you're dumb and deserve to be alone for the rest of your life...

HOW HARD IS IT TO SAY HI TO SOMEONE ????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard147 View Post
    Fine. Here's the question rephrased so you can answer it.

"What would you do if you saw the man of your dreams across the room at the latest gay pride rally?"

Better for you?

<Infracted> Do not be rude to our users.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-09-26 at 12:54 AM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Punch myself for assuming, even for a second, that I could base the "woman of my dreams" simply off her physical appearance.
    This statement. And I'd try (and fail miserably) to make a conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably do the same as Pendulous. The most beautiful women can be horrid monsters underneath. I'd probably never be caught dead in a bar anyway... not a drinker. Hypothetically, however, I'd probably be too shy to say anything. I mean, hell. Without even knowing her in the slightest bit, it'd be difficult for me to strike up a conversation... I have terrible people skills. ><

Right now? Hang back.

In the future when hopefully I have the required fitness level? Approach.

I don't go to bars at the moment as it is, but if I do in the future I might just as well give it a go.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't drink, or go anywhere outside, i'm rather unsociable, that being said, i'm a socially retarded goik, if i don't know you (irl), i don't like you until i get to know you, at which point i'll form a proper opinion

the problem with this being that i won't get to know you unless given some specific reason (which is why the only people i particularly speak with are either 1. family, 2. workmates or 3. online )

soo..... assuming i was somewhere i would see the woman of my dreams (assuming i could know she was, i don't hold much stock to physical appearance, though a redhead with green eyes = /drool), i'd probably do pretty much nothing

<SNIP>

OT: How exactly would you know this is the woman of your dreams if you've only just now saw her for the first time? She could be completely wrong in every way but appearance.

In all honesty, it would really have to depend on the situation. I can't say I'd go talk to her no matter what the case.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-09-26 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Mod Edit

It doesnt exactly state that you judge it off her appearance. The scenario is rather open so one can assume you already know the female in question.

I'd be very.. confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    It doesnt exactly state that you judge it off her appearance. The scenario is rather open so one can assume you already know the female in question.
    If you already know her, then how is it even a question? If you know her on a personal level well enough to know she's the girl of your dreams in all aspects then you probably also already know what her response would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Well, in that case the answer is rather obvious. If you knew for a fact that this is the man/woman of your dreams, why would you not approach?

I'd wonder how I was mind-controlled into 1) being at a bar, 2) drinking, 3) thinking of picking up a girl at said bar, and then I'd plot my dramatic escape from the Matrix I was apparently trapped in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in that case the answer is rather obvious. If you knew for a fact that this is the man/woman of your dreams, why would you not approach?
    if you know her, it may make it easier to speak to her, not neccesarily to tell her how you feel, at least with strangers if shit happens you don't know them, but you could potentially throw away a friend

or if your brain works like mine, you overanalyse it all, precreate conversations, assume everything will end in flames and do nothing, she leaves none the wiser and you spent the next days/weeks/months/years yearning for what you're afraid to try for

(did i mention i was socially retarded, even the thought of walking up to a strange woman and talking to her makes me want to go home and read a book)

edit: woo, post 666, dunno why i find this ammusing, but i do :P )
    Last edited by Rixis; 2011-09-26 at 01:12 AM.

Some people arent brave enough for situations like that. Especially telling her/him that they are the one of your dreams.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2011-09-26 at 01:18 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The women IN my dreams would be the Former you encounter in Gears of War 3, because it scared the hell out of me for some reason.
    What would I do? Run of course.
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)