Poll: What would you do if you saw the woman of your dreams across the bar?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Are all your threads girl related? Lol.

Anyhow, I'd start sweating like hell, but then I realize I'm at a bar so I down 3 shots of liquid courage, pull up my pants, fix my hair, lean up against the counter, and say "Sup, baby where have you been my whole life?"

Then her boyfriend will get up, look at me, and say "The fuck did you say?" then a fight would ensue.

... True story.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no backbone. I'm firmly in the "hang back" category...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

I'd just hang back, give her a wink and a smile, and wait for her to come to me.

Deleted
    I don't like talking to myself so I guess hang back:P But in all seriousness, I'm a woman and I'm straight so there is no such thing.. oh and I don't visit bars either.

I'd probably hang back. I'm not good at talking to girls. Particularly if it was the "girl of my dreams."

1. I dont go to bars or clubs; too many thing can and can't happen against your favor.

2. If I ever saw one, even by physical appearance it would mean ( to me) that she is already out of my league and trying to have a conversation with said person would be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by DionLight7 View Post
    2. If I ever saw one, even by physical appearance it would mean ( to me) that she is already out of my league and trying to have a conversation with said person would be pointless.
    Leagues is bullshit. It's possible to get anyone as long as you don't have that mentality, it's about confidence, and ofc being somewhat presentable and charming.

I've had my share of watching some real bastards, not even good looking, get really nice, smart, cute girls and I sit there thinking "How the fuck?" she can't be that stupid to see this guys a god damn joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd sit there and argue with myself over what to do for a bit before deciding what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    what would you do?

I'd ask my lovely girlfriend what we were doing in a bar.
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

Smile. Make eye contact. Look adorable.

If she responds well to that, I'd aproach her and simply tell her directly that I find her very attractive and she caught my eye. Such blunt honesty usually works much better than trying to use a pick-up line, at least for me.

I'd stop judging people purely off of physical appearance.

those of us who actually know what to do to get a girl can easily tell you and it will be the same story 100% of the time. theres nothing to it. just walk up start talking get to know her. its really that simple. the shy guy rarely gets the girl. doesnt matter what you talk about pick up lines dont work ust use a simple hello my name is. and then complement her on something she is wearing.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

No sac you are wrong. Everyone needs to click on the youtube video I linked in my previous post. It works for every situation. And if somehow you get rejected just fall back on this, there is no way they can say no then.

Last edited by Inner Universe; 2011-09-26 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I'd stop judging people purely off of physical appearance.
    I'm not sure why everyone just assumes that it's purely a physical thing. When I think of my "dream girl", there's plenty of other criteria that she would meet other than just physical attractiveness, such as intelligence, her sense of humor, how much we have in common, her personality and plenty of other things that are much more important than how physically attractive she is. The idea that talking about a "dream girl" is strictly a physical thing is an outdated concept that really needs to just die off.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Highwayman View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone just assumes that it's purely a physical thing. When I think of my "dream girl", there's plenty of other criteria that she would meet other than just physical attractiveness, such as intelligence, her sense of humor, how much we have in common, her personality and plenty of other things that are much more important than how physically attractive she is. The idea that talking about a "dream girl" is strictly a physical thing is an outdated concept that really needs to just die off.
    ...you can tell all of that from across the bar?

No, but he said "ideal girl" which I took as "ideal in every way" without really thinking about it, and I'm just trying to change the meaning of that phrase... Either that, or I was bored/tired and just randomly threw something together without thinking much about it.
    Or maybe I'm psychic and really can tell that kind of thing by simply seeing a girl across a bar.
    Oooooeeeeeeoooooh! Mind taking!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Skelington sees it more as: the scenario only states that you see her across the bar, so you may already know who she is and all that whatnot about her.
    This too!
    Last edited by An-Tuirseach; 2011-09-26 at 11:24 PM.

Skelington sees it more as: the scenario only states that you see her across the bar, so you may already know who she is and all that whatnot about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Punch myself for assuming, even for a second, that I could base the "woman of my dreams" simply off her physical appearance.

But I guess I would try to approach her and make conversation.
    This.
    ---
    Just hang back. I don't want a relationship based on appearances and sex.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    well the woman of my dreams would be out of my league anyway.

I have 0 confidence when it comes to women.

I'd just hang back and stare like a stalker, then go home and play wow while crying myself to sleep

The girl of my dreams probably wouldn't be at a bar.