Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cool Archaeology: What is your LEAST favorite digsite location?

Well? What is it? Mine has to be the Ruins of Solarsal in Feralas. I hate flying out there! It just takes too long and is so out of the way:P And who wants to look at ugly nagas.....Share your QQ!

10+ Year Old Account
    Twilight Highlands... I hate it when mobs aggro as I have two healing specs, and killing mobs is annoying, so I keep digging while mobs are hitting me and then run away until they reset.

All the places in Azshara kind of suck as well because it's so annoying to fly down there from Hyjal and all the way to the coast... though it's a beautiful place when you ignore all the goblin stuff. What have they done to my beautiful Azshara? *sniffle*

Before it was Dire Maul, I always got bugged digsites there. Nowdays I agree on Twilight Highlands, Really annoying....

Sorrow is the price we pay for love. Love to Vervaine for the signature.

Twilight Highlands digsites, especially that dunwald ruins digsite

Un'goro digsites, 1.they are always fossil and therefore useless, 2. they are far too big

and that Fossil Digsite just above Grom'gol, if i look at that world map i'm happy to see a Troll digsite, only to find out it's a another crappy fossil digsite.

15+ Year Old Account
    all fossil digsites
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The ones that are really big, like the fossil one in blasted lands... Urgh.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Grim Batol digsite, large packs of mobs and patrols that were designed with having the Gob Squad with you to kill them. I'm glad I'm a Mage so I can Invis :\

Deleted
    Tanaris, there's one which is hyowge

The dwarf sites in Twilight Highlands are a pain because of the aggro.

Also, the fossil sites in Tanaris are bigger than Tanaris itself so...

Quote Originally Posted by Latex View Post
    Grim Batol digsite, large packs of mobs and patrols that were designed with having the Gob Squad with you to kill them. I'm glad I'm a Mage so I can Invis :\
    Agree. Absolutely horrible placement of digsite, what were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The ones that are really big, like the fossil one in blasted lands... Urgh.
    Or the fossil digs in Un'goro / Tanaris, they are massive.

I thought about making a list of the most annoying ones once upon a time. Then I made professor and have forgotten about archaeology since then, though I still want the bug mount.

Jademar gets my vote. It's huge and has that twisty hill in the middle, so you can never tell what level your dig is on.

Topographical complexity is worse than mobs, imo.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    Or the fossil digs in Un'goro / Tanaris, they are massive.
    abyssal sands comes to mind. not just bloody huge, but no good landmarks to survey positions by.
    also all the sites in twilight highlands. dig aggro sucks.
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Southshore Fossil Field.

Survey, red, survey, red, survey, ooohhh.... red.

Just about every single node is a red survey away from the next one...

I forgot this profession existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You're up in arms about something you never had and never knew you were going to have until more recent times, now you're pissed off because it turns out you might not get it, even though nobody ever actually said you were getting it anyway?
    Turns out painting a bunch of circles on the floor is all it takes to totally trivialize an encounter designed by Blizzard's dev team. I guess it must be pretty scary when your best work is broken down and utterly defeated by trigonometry.

Un'goro with those huge worthless fossil digsites... Oh the horror, glad I'm done with archeology.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlor View Post
    Jademar gets my vote. It's huge and has that twisty hill in the middle, so you can never tell what level your dig is on.
    I agree I really hate that one, the big hill makes everything suck. That might be my second pick.

Probably any of the fossil digs, they are always so huge with the actual fragments so spread apart. Blah i hate fossil digs give me ANYTHING other than fossils, plus there are no keystones for them either.

any digsite that is so big that it takes more than a couple red zones (from the archaeology helper addon) to get to the next fragment... and also atm trolls because i keep getting the same crap back to back to back (just barely reaching 430, it wouldnt be so bad otherwise i suppose)
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Arlor View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. I was so confused when I first got that digsite. Poor me. ^_^'