Deleted

Best Guildsite-cms?

Howdy,

Since some of my fellow guildmembers want a portalbased website where they can see progress, news, recruitment etc I'm looking for a nice CMS that supports all this.

At this moment our site mainly consists of a forum (powered by phpbb) and is suffient enough for now. It was meant to be a placeholder but by now has a good amount of post's I'd like to keep, including guides of members, special strats, informations and even some newsposts.

Does any of you know a good CMS for Guildsites, preferably (but not neccesarily) in combination with Phpbb?

I tried a lot of 'em, but none fits my needs. Like I said, they want a portal with:
    - News
    - Recruitment
    - Progress
    - (if possible) quick shoutbox

If this all isn't enough, I'd like to be able to add custom pages like 'About the guild' or 'Guildrules'.

So.. Hope the post wasn't too confusing, and also hope the post was in the right forum since there is no 'sites' forum.

Any help is appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    just use wordpress or tumblr or some free blog site
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Wordpress has poor forum-integration, with almost all forums. Means I have to make it external, something I really do not want.

Tumblr, never heard of. Let's check that ˆˆ.

Something worth noting: I do have own hosting/domain. So I'd like to store it locally.

I'm hosting my guilds homepage with the e107 CMS, it's pretty decent once you learn how it works and can make your own plugins to it.

Deleted
    This is relevant as I had finished off my guilds website yesterday (link in my sig). Now I've studied webdesign, coding/dreamweaver and CMS -and work doing it currently sat infront of a WordPress site we are doing.. So anyway I have the know how and xp but for our guilds site i didn't want to piss around with seriousness and stress of WordPress or coding so I picked Weebly.
    Pros:
    -It's free
    -Responsive
    -Super easy drag and drop (handy for adding officers with no background as admins)
    -Shows stats/visits (see if people are even using the site)
    -Own forum part
    -Can add your own google adds
    Cons:
    -Not a huge amount of templates (can customise the code and save your own though)
    -Pay for premium features (i have ways around things like change favicon, remove weebly add without paying)
    -Domain name will be guild.weebly.com unless you have one or again pay (i used the free .tk domain register to just direct to it you can choose to mask that and have the whole site in like an iframe but meh)

If you choose to use it and want help just message me. Try it out and have alook at my site though www.valorwow.tk

eqdkp plus is very good

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been 5 years, so I doubt they're back to read this thread. Closing.