Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm not a Paladin, but I work with one on heroic Baleroc with me as a resto shaman. We both start out on the shard, pre-poping and and all hots right before we start the shard, pop heroism, and just spam the shard while beacon indirectly heals the tank. If you are a draeni, this is a perfect time for gift of the naruu too. Tank must be aware of this start and know what cooldowns to pop in order to survive that ~30 seconds of no heals. After that, you return to your normal method, having the druid heal another shard then swapping to you.
    As other have said, if you have a disc priest, poping 1 external cooldown and then having them disperse the ending stacks is the best way to start this fight, since the stacks rack up fast and its possible to see 50+ stacks easily.

Ret pallies can take a full shard, as well as a warrior who shield walls. They need a little more help than shadow priests, but with good timing of CD's, it's possible.

The shards and dps rotation on who takes them wasnt the issue. The issue was I couldnt keep the tank alive through two sets of shards while my healer partner was generating sparks.

The main questions that need answered (and some have already been answered) are: Should my ex-guild have expected me to heal tank through 2 sets of shard (with an inferno blade in that time duration) without any spark buffs? If SO, then did my inability to do so in my current gear make me a bad healer or a healer that is underperforming?

From some of the replies, it appears that not many people are doing the whole "pally heals tank through 2 sets of shards while other healer gets sparks" strat....And almost everyone is agreeing that the tank shouldve popped his cds at the get go. Him saying "I cant be popping all my cds this early if im to live later on in the fight" was an insult to me basically....

and the big question is this: now that I left the guild, what the hell do I do now? go casual? Many guilds on my server have their cores already made since its so late in expansion and many are not recruiting holy pally.

Lets shy away from the whole "class x can take this many stacks" etc because that was never the issue...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

I heal this with a disc priest. What we do is just switch every shard. So I take the first shard by myself, the disc priest heals the tank, then we switch back and forward. I keep my beacon on the tank the entire time and we have very few problems healing through this. Your shadow priest should take it first and nom the whole thing, while you do the HS 1 HP WoG trick to quickly build your stacks. It's a simple fight really. Getting people to not pass torment was the worst part.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukus View Post
    The shards and dps rotation on who takes them wasnt the issue. The issue was I couldnt keep the tank alive through two sets of shards while my healer partner was generating sparks.

The main questions that need answered (and some have already been answered) are: Should my ex-guild have expected me to heal tank through 2 sets of shard (with an inferno blade in that time duration) without any spark buffs? If SO, then did my inability to do so in my current gear make me a bad healer or a healer that is underperforming?

From some of the replies, it appears that not many people are doing the whole "pally heals tank through 2 sets of shards while other healer gets sparks" strat....And almost everyone is agreeing that the tank shouldve popped his cds at the get go. Him saying "I cant be popping all my cds this early if im to live later on in the fight" was an insult to me basically....

and the big question is this: now that I left the guild, what the hell do I do now? go casual? Many guilds on my server have their cores already made since its so late in expansion and many are not recruiting holy pally.

Lets shy away from the whole "class x can take this many stacks" etc because that was never the issue...
    You obviously don't understand the fight then. People are telling you you need to change your strategy because the tank is building way too many stacks in 2 shards to heal without the healer getting spark stacks.

The fight is about having your healers build tons of stacks early with cooldowns on/from people taking torment so healer's never have a problem healing the tank. Tell your guild to read any forum on how to do the fight and you won't have a problem.

Just go do it now after nerfs and get free epix. We had never attempted it before and 2shot it after nerfs even with people spreading tormented and one DPS dead for the majority of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by natijs4 View Post
    You obviously don't understand the fight then. People are telling you you need to change your strategy because the tank is building way too many stacks in 2 shards to heal without the healer getting spark stacks.

The fight is about having your healers build tons of stacks early with cooldowns on/from people taking torment so healer's never have a problem healing the tank. Tell your guild to read any forum on how to do the fight and you won't have a problem.

I obviously have a better understanding of the fight than my guild because im here asking questions about it and saying "the way they wanted to do it CANNOT be the best way"...despite how they were adamant about it. "No, you cannot get sparks yet..stay on tank until 2 shards come and go" "But tank is dying and im going OOM!" "heal more, use cds, L2P"... QQQQQQ

I thought it would make MUCH more sense to switch every shard but what do I know? Im not the GM >.> glad I left that guild now
    Oh.. My.. God..

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

you should be using HoS on people taking the shards, as a shadowpriest in this fight, i take full shards as often as i can, getting an external CD such as HoS or pain sup at ~12 stacks, and dispersing at 18 or 19, so that healers can get high stacks throughout the whole fight, and not just at the start

Signature by Kenz

OMG people its not about me healing the shard people!!!! I heal them just fine....geez

I only made it to my shard group rotation twice out of 7 attempts....the other 5 attempts I didnt even get to heal the shard people once because tank died before my set of shards spawned (the 3rd shard is when i finally start building sparks)

ITS got nothing to do with healing spark people...im only asking if its possible or expected of me to heal the tank through two sets of shards without getting any spark buffs. Thats all...

And if the strat of my guild is wrong...just say it and move on. I know how to heal shard people and I know which classes do well with it and which dont lol
    Oh.. My.. God..

Quote Originally Posted by Rukus View Post
    OMG people its not about me healing the shard people!!!! I heal them just fine....geez
    I only made it to my shard group rotation twice out of 7 attempts....the other 5 attempts I didnt even get to heal the shard people once because tank died before my set of shards spawned (the 3rd shard is when i finally start building sparks)
    ITS got nothing to do with healing spark people...im only asking if its possible or expected of me to heal the tank through two sets of shards without getting any spark buffs. Thats all...
    And if the strat of my guild is wrong...just say it and move on. I know how to heal shard people and I know which classes do well with it and which dont lol
    Your guild's strat is wrong. You should have switched after the 1st shard. The tank should have popped ALL his cooldowns on the pull- staggered of course- to survive the first part if you were going to both build stacks, if you were waiting for the druid to build stacks then he should be spamming his fastest direct healing spells to get as many stacks as possible- and then switched after the 1st shard.

Your tank was a paladin as well, baleroc swings very slowly, he could have timed a LoHs to make up for the lack of healing. He's also *slightly* below the cap that allows all melee attacks to be blocked, and if he's using a stam trinket it should have a click-dodge effect (or click parry, but I don't think there are any) but in general a stam trinket won't do much on that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    Just go do it now after nerfs and get free epix. We had never attempted it before and 2shot it after nerfs even with people spreading tormented and one DPS dead for the majority of the fight.
    This makes me so sad.

We've got two Holy paladins doing this encounter, one of them being me. Basicly, we start up the fight by beaconing the tank, both of us, and spamming the first sharded player (FoL), in this case - a shadow priest. Seeing as I'll be the one taking stacks up until the first decimation blade, I'll be thrown both an invervate and the Shadow Priest channeling Divine Hymn. After the first shard is gone, I'm sitting at about 120 stacks and so does my companion paladin. Now what he does is that he switches to the tank for about half a minute, if not longer (the first decimation blade). Then, after the first decimation blade, I switch back to the tank and keeps him alive for the rest of the fight. If the damage gets too high for you to be able to heal with your amounts of stack (150-180) (see insufficient DPS), then just have the other healer switch back to the tank, seeing as he's been healing the tormented player the entire fight, he'll have an abundant of stacks as this stage.

I sincerely hope this'll be of any assistance to anyone.

Deleted
    We run a disc/holypala, holypala restoshaman, disc/restoshaman combos.

Beacon tank, spam heal tank, shadow priests takes the first shard, both healers build stacks on this shard.
    Soon as the stacks of the spriest (I use hos (9-11 stacks torment) and sometimes AM on this target) fall off, the shaman or priest, or in your case druid, go heal the tank.
    During this period I as holy paladin heal the other 2 shards.

On the 4th shard, the other healer that healed the tanks, goes build stacks on the shadowpriest taking a shard most likely. I always throw a hos on the soaker while tank healing.

After the 4th shard, this healer goes back on the tank.

I keep beacon on the tank, and I make sure I run the vital flame debuff (the one you get from tankhealing).
    While doing this I keep the next shard takers alive while beacon transfers my heals to the tank.
    Soon as decimation blade is coming, tanks got priority, I use stopcasting divine light at this moment.
    When the blade is over, I go back to what I did, unless the tank drops and I support the other healer.

So you can say, after the 4th crystal we dont build stacks anymore and focus fully on the tank, I backup the raid as described above.

Your tank said this:
    "There is no way I can survive later on if I am popping all these defensive cooldowns this early"
    Ideally you want him to use his cooldowns earlier in the fight, since he only got 1 healer, or only a beacon at this point.

After the 4th crystal both healers take tank coverage, so the cooldown is welcome but the highest risk of the fight has passed long time ago.
    Last edited by mmoc2bb4411fa5; 2011-09-27 at 09:52 AM.